Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Classics and Essentials in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on HTL

on November 11, 2011
In my search for a juicer, I borrowed this model from a friend. It is a centrifugal juicer with two speeds, high and low. It has a feed chute wide enough for three carrots or a small apple. The motor is powerful and quiet. It made juice with carrots, celery, cucumber, parsley, ginger, and lemon with no difficulty. I also frequently made pomegranate juice by dropping the seeds down the chute with the motor running on low for fabulous fresh pomegranate juice (takes a while to remove the jewel seeds from the pith, but the juice was great). The pulp bin contained only the seeds by doing it this way. I found that when I put the seeds in the chute before I turned on the machine, I got a lot of juicy pulp, but by dropping them in after the motor was running I got a lot of juice and the pulp bin full of dry seeds.

Like all juicers it has a large footprint on counter space. It comes with a covered pitcher that prevents the juice from splattering the kitchen. The pitcher also has a foam-skimmer top. The pulp bin snuggles up to the motor base (line the bin with a produce bag to avoid having to wash it).

The two things that I didn't care for were the plastic juice catcher part and the difficulty in taking it apart to clean. The part that catches the juice inside the machine is made of white plastic that stains easily from brightly pigmented fruits and vegetables. I would have preferred it to be made of stainless steel. That is only a cosmetic issue, but it was very hard to take the juice strainer out of the housing to clean the pieces. I had to lift up the spout and back of the catch basin to wiggle it out. This is why I removed one star from an otherwise excellent machine. I would avoid making juice because I didn't want to take it apart and clean it.

For the price it is an excellent juicer, but it might be worth paying extra money to get one that comes apart easily to clean if you are going to be using it everyday.

Very quiet
Powerful motor
Extracts a lot of juice

Hard to take apart to clean

UPDATE 2/24/12
I ended up purchasing a Breville reconditioned Ikon for about $100 here on Amazon. It is really easy to take apart and clean, BUT it doesn't juice as well as the BellaCucina. Even on the lowest speed it can't do pomegranates. When I feed it leafy greens I just end up with a bin full of vegetable slaw. Hmmmm. Also, Breville is reluctant to stand by warranty. I dropped the juice collector (the part the shredder basket sits in) and it broke the first day I had the machine. Breville did replace the part, but let me know they were doing me a big favor, since parts aren't covered.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2011
My son gave this juicer to me as a Xmas gift. The first time we used it (unfortunately after the 30 day return policy had expired from GNC), there was a burning smell.
We stopped running the apples through it.
The second time we used it a week later the result was the same
The third time it would not come on at all.
No luck reaching the company for service
Stay away from this product and this company
on November 27, 2012
Bought this juicer at Macy's during their black Friday sale. My Grandma's tangerine tree always makes a ton of fruit, so this was bought mostly to make tangerine juice, but also other juices as well.
So far, it makes juice really fast out of tangerines and passionfruits. The only downside is there's a little bitterness to the tangerine juice from the seeds getting a little ground up, which doesn't happen in the old-style citrus juicers.
Overall though, my wife and I are extremely happy with this purchase and are glad we didn't spend way more on a more expensive brand of juicer.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2012
After running this juicer for about 35 days, with casual juicing, maybe 3 times a week, the juicer began to smoke. We turned the juicer off immediately and gave it a week off. After a few weeks of juicing, it started doing it again, so we did the same thing, turned it off and gave it a week off. When we went to juice again, the juicer would not come on at all. I can not return the juicer, and since I received this as a christmas present, I can not send it in with the original receipt, so the company is unwilling to do anything about it. I would stay clear of this juicer, and spend an extra 50 bucks and get a lower end breville.
on March 2, 2013
This is about the 5th time we have used this juicer. While juicing the last time, the metal strainer inside that spins exploded and tore apart. Because of this the plastic outside piece blew up into a hundred little pieces and sent it flying all around our kitchen. I can't believe I wasn't hurt. Not only is this juicer weak....It is dangerous..DO NOT BUY THIS JUICER!!!!
on September 18, 2013
The juicer worked fine for the for week, then the motor had a smoking smell and the end of the second week stopped working.
on December 12, 2012
I bought this juicer from someone on Craigslist. I was skeptical about it after reading the reviews, but for the past month I have been surprised at how well this works. I juice 4-5 days of the week sometimes twice a day. I have used cold, hard carrots in it and have not had a problem. Sure, maybe one day it will fail and the motor will not work, but for now it's perfect and does its job.
on February 26, 2013
This juicer is not built for every day use. Harder vegetables are wasted as they slam by the blades into the waste basket when only 70% consumed. Is not efficient and wastes fruit. Motor smokes when easily strained. Not for serious juicing.
on December 28, 2011
I received this juicer from my boyfriend for Christmas. I went out and bought a bunch of fruit and decided to try out my juicer today. The set up of the juicer was pretty easy. The instructions come with diagrams that help. Make sure you read the instructions so you know which fruit should be juiced at the high setting and low setting. I made apple/pear juice and orange/pineapple juice. Both came out the way I expected (all of the pulp stayed in the machine). Clean up was also pretty easy. You just disassemble a few parts, dump the pulp in the trash, wash the parts with warm soapy water and let them air dry. I didn't experience the burning smell that other reviewer did. The instructions say not to let the motor run for more than 40 seconds at a time so maybe that was what caused the other reviewer the burning smell? This is my first juicer so I'm sure there are more advanced/fancy models out there but this one does the job just fine.
on January 28, 2012
I purchased this item from Macy's and only used it once. I was juicing strawberries,tangelos and was on my way to adding a carrot and that's when it all went bad. Apparently this juicer cannot juice what it claims to juice. The juicer began to smoke and smell. I thought the thing was going to burst into flames. I quickly cleaned it, boxed it up and returned it to Macy's...the rep at the store told me that A LOT of people were returning this machine and that she specifically avoids recommending it when someone inquires about purchasing a juicer.