4.0 out of 5 stars The BELLA 13695 works as intended, not a pain to clean...
When it comes to experimental juicing or blending, I'm always experimenting with different fruits and vegetables to see what concoctions work and don't work.

As the blender is my main utility to work with, my friends recommended for me to try a juicer and sure enough, the first juicer I had to try was the BELLA 13695 NutriPro ColdPress Juicer.

So,...
Published 8 months ago by Dennis A. Amith (kndy)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth the Money
I was very excited to try this juicer - the ad stated that cleanup would a breeze, that you would get more juice for your buck from the cold press technology and that the pulp would be significantly drier than most because more juice would be expelled. I've been using it for one week.
Lies.
Clean up is a bitch, the entire juicer has to be taken apart and rinsed...
Published 12 months ago by nix2

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth the Money, July 11, 2013
This review is from: BELLA 13695 NutriPro Cold Press Juicer, Stainless Steel (Kitchen)
Lies.
Clean up is a bitch, the entire juicer has to be taken apart and rinsed as per usual But the yellow sleeve you note in the pictures is like a sieve sleeve with a fine mesh - it is a pain to clean and the toothbrush provided does not help. Clean up is so water intensive that i'm juicing once a day and storing juice, rather than using this item 2x a day as i'd like to.
The cold press technology consists of a thick sturdy black drill bit-esque bit that rotates on the inside of the yellow sieve sleeve. Picture a small swirled ice cream cone - it looks like that, with smaller swirls at the top and fatter ones towards the bottom. Beets and carrots, when chopped into 1 inch slivers, cause the bit to grind to a halt (they are too hard) and grapefruit and orange wedges stick into the groove in the bit and don't get pressed against the sieve sleeve at all.
This results in pulp which is quite wet. I run the pulp through 2x more, but no more juice gets extracted. I have to squeeze it in a nut milk bag to get out the rest.
The dairy cone drill bit cold press piece of it needs serious tweaking. Maybe small pointed bumps on its surface to improve its efficacy.
The normal chopper/shredder type juicer that I purchased from walmart for about 60 bucks a few years ago was much more versatile than this one. I could juice parsely, cilantro, dandelion sprigs.....no way this drill bit would get a shred of squeezed juice out of those items.
Save your money - get a good blender and a nut milk bag and go to town for way cheaper. That's what I plan to do when I return this item next week.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good juicer, but not worth full retail, July 30, 2013
I actually love this juicer but I ended up buying a used one from a friend of mine for a lot cheaper. Having owned both this juicer, and an Omega 8006, I will do a compereson, but first off. I live in dorms so I wanted a juicer I could use without waking my roommates and this seemed to be the best bet. A plus side is that it will juice leafy greens which was why I bought it to begin with. It has a little trouble juicing beets and carrots but as long as you cut them up then it seems to do just fine. Pulp ALWAYS comes out a little wet but nothing a cheese cloth can't fix and I feel like it makes a higher quality cup of juice then my Omega 8006. However, I wouldn't recommend this at face value, because $250 seems a tad pricey, esp when you could get something like an omega for just a $100 more, but if you can get it on sale, like I did, I think this juicer is pretty solid. Would I recommend this juicer to a friend? Yes, if they can get it cheaper, and you are willing to put in the extra effort to get a cup of juice, then go for it. Now, compared to an Omega 8006 there are some Pros and Cons. The biggest pro was that I felt the juice the NutriPro made was higher quality and more nutrient dense then the Omega, not by a large amount, but enough for me to notice. That being said, it takes a LONG time to get the same cup of juice as a few minutes of using the Omega. Clean up sucks, and the parts aren't machine washable, even though it is advertised as such(it will warp). And the pulp often times comes out soaking wet, but straining it through a cheese cloth works pretty well. My Omega is extremely heavy duty, and juices leafy greens like no other. It's pretty easy to assemble, it can tear through almost anything that goes in(even makes nut butter), and it has a 10 year warranty. Overall, I like my Omega more, but this would still be a good juicer if it wasn't so expensive. I suspect that a VRT 350/400 or Huron slow juicer would work very similar to this model, and I have heard both are wonderful juicers, but that's up to you to decide.

4.0 out of 5 stars The BELLA 13695 works as intended, not a pain to clean..., October 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

So, let's go ahead and take a look at this utility and see how it works!

I. WHAT'S IN THE BOX:

I was surprised the box was heavy and big, but opening it, you get the juicer which the stainless steel base is quite heavy and the following:

- Processing Bowl with juice and pulp spout with a rubber seal ring
- Auger Spindle and Crushing Auger
- Stainless Steel Juice Strainer
- Lid, Lid Lock
- Hopper
- Food Pusher
- Two BPA-free Handled Cups for Pulp/Juice
- Cleaning Brush

Plus instructions and a recipe booklet for juicing

The BELLA 13695 NutriPro Cold Press Juicer utilizes Cold press juicing technology via a chewing (mastication) method to produce high quality juice from each fruit and vegetable. According to BELLA, "The single juicing screw first crushes, then compresses and squeezes the juice. There are no fast-spinning blades that cut and pulverize the fruits and vegetables to produce the juice. With the cold press technology, more nutrients and enzymes are preserved."

According to BELLA, "Bananas, papayas, avocados, figs and mangoes will not produce juices. However, when skinned, pitted, frozen and fed into the Cold Press juicer, the pulp spout ejects a dairy-free, creamy, nutrient rich, fresh fruit sorbet that can be enjoyed in moments."

II. TESTING THE JUICER

The first test that I did was with frozen strawberries. Immediately through the pulp spout, I was able to create sorbet with limited juice. I used a whole container of frozen strawberries and I got a big cup of sorbet fro the pulp spout but very short amount of juice.

The second test was with plums, cut thinly. I was able to get a little juice.

The third test was apples. I was able to get a bit more juice and from the spout, something that resembled granola.

The fourth test was oranges and was able to get a good amount of juice.

The fifth test was pineapples produced the most juice.

The sixth test was carrots which produced a lot of juice.

The seventh test was bok choy produced a lot of juice.

The eighth test was kael which produce little juice and mostly all pulp.

The ninth test was tomatoes which produced a lot of juice.

The tenth test, I had to try and see how it would work... Bananas. And as expected, what came out of the pulp didn't look so edible but for those who don't mind freezing the banana for a sorbet, it will work.

While I'm sure the higher-priced juicers may have a better chance of crushing the pieces, I know that with frozen strawberries. I felt I had to hit start/reverse quite often. But certain pieces just stood there blocking the juice. So, I had to free up space a few times.

But I saw this as an experiment with juicing and to tests which fruits and vegetables were a challenge and those that were easier. But I did have some blockage with using frozen strawberries.

But the juicer works as intended and there are charts and recipes online for people to follow.

III. CLEANING THE JUICER

I'm surprised of the amount of trouble a few people had because each time I did a test, I just put the juice strainer,auger and processing bowl under my faucet. I don't have a spray gun or anything like that, just a standard faucet and everything cleaned off perfectly with no problems. Of course, for the frozen strawberries, I had to use the cleaning brush just to remove things from the spout of the pulp spout but that was only a few seconds. It's important to note that I washed my juicer within 15 minutes of being completed with it.

So, having tested several fruits and vegetables, I definitely did not experience some of the problems that others had with cleaning.

IV. JUDGMENT CALL:

For my experience, the BELLA 13695 NutriPro Cold Press Juicer worked as intended. I was able to test out various fruits and vegetables to figure out what worked well with this juicer and for the most part, I really don't have much to complain about.

Others complained about cleaning the unit, but I had no such problem.

It all comes down to convenience and patience. For me, I love blending because I can use 2 apples and many strawberries with ice and get a smoothie. A juicer, is something that is not exactly for one short of time. You have to purchase the right fruits and vegetables if you want juice or sorbet, the BELLA 13695 did a good job in separating the pulp and seeds.

This juicer worked but for now I will give it a four, as I have never tried an OMEGA, LIQUP or other brands in the same price range or higher price range. And have not had the opportunity to test out the advantages of a more expensive juicer. But for the under $200 price range, the BELLA 13695 NutriPro works as intended, easy to clean and in my experience, works as intended!

2.0 out of 5 stars Juicer works great, then it breaks!, July 17, 2013
I bought this juicer and it worked great for about 2 months. Then something broke in the auger/sieve part of it and now nothing will get through. It makes a terrible grinding noise and it doesn't work. I've tried to call the juicer company, but they've been no help and offered no suggestions. I can't believe I shelled out all this money and I'm left with a broken juicer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money crushing auger sticks and all you have is an expensive counter display, February 20, 2014
I have just spent the last four hours trying to disengage the auger so I could juice. Pulp sticks underneath creating a vacume and you are out of luck. Company says fill with warm water and it will come loose.....Hah.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice thought but overall not worth it, April 23, 2014
I was super excited about this Juicer, I have the Breville Juice Fountain and was looking for a cold press juicer to get more juice out of my fruits/veg's but this thing didn't work for nothing. I get better juice out of my centrifugal Breville, I really wanted a masticating slow juicer but this one is not it. I will save my pennies for the Omega. Hassel to clean and don't get a bang for your produce buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Heavy, Well-Made Juicer, November 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using this juicer for almost a month now, and I've had no problems with it whatsoever. I think the trick to it all is cutting your fruits and vegetables into about one inch pieces, and juicing the harder fruits and vegetables first. I mean, really, it's not difficult or all that time consuming to cut any fruit or vegetable into one inch pieces. Just use or invest in a GOOD knife, and it's a breeze. And cleanup is a breeze too, IF you clean it as soon as you're done using it. Clean it as soon as you're done using it, and you can clean it in about three or four minutes. If you let it sit for several hours, plan on spending at least twice as much time cleaning it.

So, whether your juicing experience with this machine is positive or negative is really entirely up to you. If you help this machine help you, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Make it difficult for this machine to help you, and I'm sure you won't be happy with it. It's really just that simple. Also, if you've heard other juicers running, you will no doubt notice that this machine is comparatively quiet. And MUCH quieter than some. I love this machine, and have already recommended it to a friend of mine, who subsequently bought one, and has also had nothing but a positive experience with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Juicer, Great Design, Great Customer Service, July 11, 2014
I purchased this Juicer and it worked great for about a year before I attempted to add beets to it and the motor stopped working. It works great with leafy vegetables, pineapples, watermelon (with the seeds) and anything that just isn't hard. It will NOT work week with carrots or beets. Don't even attempt it. If I want to juice harder vegetables I use my Jack LaLanne. This juicer works GREAT for the softer fruits and vegetables and it provides more than double the amount of juice than that of the Jack LaLanne. It DOES take effort to clean so this juicer isn't for the lazy man or the one that doesn't have a little muscle either. There are times when it is difficult to take the device apart. YET I still believe it is a great juicer and when it stopped working the company sent me a new one with no hassle and no I did not have the receipt. Customer service is EXCELLENT and I would definitely purchase this product again.

Montina Portis
Author "YouTube Video Marketing Secrets Revealed: The Beginners Guide to Online Video Marketing"

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, time, or effort, July 1, 2014
O.K. It squeezes the juice mostly. That is the plus side.
I was so excited to get this juicer and then after using it I am greatly disappointed. I am really sorry to say that.
It clogs easily. There is a lot of chunks of food left in the juice. So for those of you concerned about wasting the food. No worries with this one. It is in your juice.
Clean up is a not so nice thing. I really have to scrub the mesh to get the food out. When you pull it apart the food crawls up into the groove and you have to make sure you thoroughly clean it.
I was so excited and now the thing sits there on my counter because of the time and effort it takes to clean it up and the waste and the goofing around to make sure it is not plugged so the juice and pulp stay coming out.
It would be better to spend the money on a better quality machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bella 13695 Nutri pro jucier, June 3, 2014
All you people are delusional This is the BEST Juicer I have ever had. And I have had 4.
The cleanup is like 60 seconds. You can use the pulp for recipes.
There is NO foaming. It is quiet and minimal parts.
Don't know about Spinach or other leafy greens but it was GREAT with Apples, Oranges. Grapefruit and Lemons
for lemonade
I think the other people are the types to find a hair in a hotel room.
Just my opinion