5.0 out of 5 stars Great Single Mug Coffee Maker
Published 21 months ago by Petrarch

1.0 out of 5 stars Why this fails.
This machine has two thermal fuses up against the heating element, covered by heat-proof insulation and held on by clips. When one of these pops, the machine stops working. A lot of heaters like this have such fuses.

Published 11 months ago by Hero1k1

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Single Mug Coffee Maker, June 4, 2013
Petrarch (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
Saw this on sale at Kohls for $19.99 but after reading the reviews here was not going to buy it until I read the review about Kohls return policy. Verified that it could be returned within a year so I figured I'd give it a try. I have been enjoying a nice fresh hot cup of coffee almost every morning for over four months now. I really do not understand the negative reviews. The filter that comes with the machine works great. I have no problem with coffee grounds getting into the water reservoir. If that is a problem, it is easily resolved by removing the filter and putting the coffee into the filter away from the machine, then just putting the loaded filter back into the machine. The Bella coffee maker is well designed for easy cleaning. The user does have to turn the machine off after using but the few times I forgot and didn't turn it off until hours later no dmamge was done. It is simple - there is no heater plate to keep coffee warm - but it gives you a nice hot cup of coffee that is ready to drink. For quickly preparing a single mug or cup of coffee quickly and with minimum fuss, it cannot be beat. I have already gotten my money's worth out of it and it continues to work well.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this coffee maker, July 26, 2013
I love this coffee maker. Its just the right size. I live alone and like my coffee brewed one cup at a time and unlike the kuerig makers, I can adjust my strength.

5.0 out of 5 stars I know where to get it cheaper!!!, October 17, 2012
This review is from: BELLA 13784 One Scoop One Cup Coffee Maker, Lime Green (Kitchen)
I bought my Bella a couple of weeks ago to take into work and put on my desk. It is absolutely perfect! It brews quickly, very little clean up and super yummy coffee!!! I was thinking about asking for another one for Christmas for my house. I got on amazon to see how much they were on here and was shocked when I saw the price was $40-$45!!! I couldn't believe it. I mean I love mine but I don't think I would have spent that much on it. I bought mine at Kohls. It was regular price $29.99 and on sale for #19.99 and then I had 30% off so I only spent $14.97 on it, which was TOTALLY worth it!!! Go to Kohls, hopefully you have a 30% off and some Kohls cash you could save a lot!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Single Scoop Brewer, October 29, 2012
Nothing fancy, just functionality at a great price (just $20 at Kohl's when it goes on sale). When I moved from my house to a small apartment, I stored my full size coffee maker due to the lack of adequate counter space. Not only that, but I was always wasting coffee by having to brew more than I needed. If I left it on the burner too long it always became nasty tasting and it was going down the drain anyway. This permits me to always have a fresh large cup (14 oz.) whenever I need my coffee fix. It will brew between 5-14 oz, your choice. I buy the brand of coffee I like without having to use the expensive pods. It brews quickly and is hot.
Unfortunately, my unit had a defective permanent coffee filter. The mesh was not sealed the entire circumference of the plastic rim, but still useable. Bella's Customer Service promptly replaced it at no charge. Otherwise, I would have given this unit five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars See update: Very slightly flawed but with EXCELLENT support from the manufacturer to amend the flaw, November 27, 2013
As far as functionality and appearance, the person I purchased this for rates it a five star product. I've also used it, and it makes a decent cuppa joe. However, after only three days and _maybe_ as many as six brew cycles (two for initial cleaning and four cups of coffee), the filter began disintegrating. For that, I would have rated it down to perhaps two stars. Called Sensio, the manufacturer, toll free (via the number on the Sensio Inc. website), and was immediately connected (NO WAITING!) to a very pleasant lady who asked if I would prefer returning the product or simply a new filter. I chose the filter, and she advised me that since it was coming from Canada, I should expect it to take from 7-10 working days to arrive.

The extremely pleasant experience with Sensio support brought my rating of the product up to four stars. It's unusual nowadays to find such a pleasant experience at the end of a warranty/service call. Kudos to Sensio.
_______________________________________________________

UPDATE: BTW, the "7-10 business days" I was told to expect it to take to get the replacement filter WAS off a tad. It took 'em FOUR business days to get the replacement filter to me. EXCELLENT SERVICE! I'll buy more Sensio products. Such excellent service deserves another uptick in rating, reflected in the five stars this review now shows. And, BTW, "decent cuppa joe" means very nearly as good as my fav French press makes coffee. The replacement filter from six months ago is going strong, too, so apparently our original was just one of those things.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why this fails., March 8, 2014

Ours popped in about 5 weeks. Got a pack of 3 for $5 from eBay. NEC SEFuse SF214E Thermal Fuse. Replaced it and it works again. Note that you really have to know what your are doing. Low temp solder won't do. I used bare crimp connectors.

I wonder if the position of the clip affects when these pop. E.g., if the clip is pressing the fuse too hard against the element.

But still, it's a crappy machine. The switch is easily bounced to "on" so the manual says to unplug after use. Etc.

I'd have thrown it out rather than fixing it but it was a gift and all that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Single Cup Maker, but brews warm, November 18, 2013
the coffee maker brews warm coffee. It should come out hotter (Keurig brews hot coffee by comparison). I have to reheat coffee in microwave. I do like convenient single cup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Little Coffee Maker, October 11, 2012
My husband bought this for me (at Kohls) because I needed my own personal coffee "pot" at work. (the guys I work with make theirs waaaaay too strong!) Mine came with its own cup and that's the "pot" the brewed coffee goes into. It brews coffee in less than 5 minutes. I should have went back to the store to purchase another one - if nothing else just to hold on to. If I would have known they'd be so hard to find, I would have! You can't go wrong with this little baby! One thing, if you try to pour the water into the resevoir with the cup it comes with, you may get a bit of water dripped onto the counter. (I use a small pitcher to put the water in.)

5.0 out of 5 stars So in love, September 5, 2013
I don't understand why everyone's complaining about it. I bought this about a week ago and it's been fantastic. I bought mine in purple and couldn't be any happier. It's great, easy to use, doesn't take up much counter space at all and so fast. I love love love it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bella one cup coffee maker TERRIBLE, January 15, 2013
I had trouble with it a few times, I maybe got 30 cups of coffee out of it before it just stopped working! Not worth any sale price.