5.0 out of 5 stars Cool (temperature), Cool (looks) and it works !
I bought this after my previous cheap quality inverter burned down after my jacket zipper short circuited the power. The problem with the previous one was that it had a lot of exposed surfaces.

What I like about this:
(1) Works very well - charged laptop, cell phone ... so far so good
(2) Corded, instead of plugged this will keep it safe as well as a...
Published on July 2, 2012 by XNOR

Published 22 months ago by Handy

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool (temperature), Cool (looks) and it works !, July 2, 2012
This review is from: BESTEK® 150w power inverter car dc 12v to 110v ac inverter dc adapter laptop charger notebook adapter dc charger ac adapter usb charger Dual USB 3.1A MRI1511FU (Electronics)

What I like about this:
(1) Works very well - charged laptop, cell phone ... so far so good
(2) Corded, instead of plugged this will keep it safe as well as a good utility since I can reach it to power a laptop in the rear seats
(3) Single unit with both 110v as well as 12v USB power so I can charge my laptop as well as iphone at the same time
(4) Safe, enclosed unit
(5) Cool, has a inbuilt fan which keeps switching on/off a couple of times whenever it needs to cool off - the fan is pretty silent, you can hear it only when your car is parked

2.0 out of 5 stars Had to change my review after Fan Failure 3 days after warranty., January 20, 2013
First thing I noticed when I unpacked this beauty is that well, it's beautiful!! I mean even the colors are really nice. In the picture it looks like a simple black with red inverter. But that is not the case. It is actually Gloss black with a metallic burgundy plug and fan ends. I could not have asked for a better match to my old truck as it has a burgundy and black interior. It's looks very well built and laid out. The extra high output usb ports make it a match made in heaven. You can just barely hear the fan and only when I really tried. I used it the other day to make a 260 mile round trip with it running my netbook and never had a problem one.

EDIT: After 33 days.

On day 32 the fan all of a sudden started working double time and became very noisy. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in and that's when the fan decided to squeal like crazy. Just went on like that for about a minute before it settled down. Then after that every time I plugged it in it did the same thing. I'm thinking, man what a bummer. I will just exchange it for another, but no way. I'm 3 days out of their warranty. I'm thinking NO WAY! So I get hold of customer service and they made it right (Way to go Amazon). So I thought, well only 32 days before fan failure I think I will get the next model up and see what happens. So that is what I did and purchased the Bestek 300 watt inverter. Now upon arrival (Super Fast Shipping) the first thing I noticed is that one of the USB frames was bent. Not a big deal but then as I turned it over the thing goes KLUNK. I'm like OH NOT AGAIN! As it turns out the screws that hold the fan were loose. After tightening them up everything was fine and it works well. I do notice that the fan is much noisier than the 150 watt unit but maybe being beefier it will not fail so quickly. Time will tell. I think that over all the quality control of this company is a bit poor. But being from China then what can we expect. The thing I really like over the 150 watt version is that the 300 watt version has a power switch, very handy. Hope this helps anybody with their decision to buy. Not sure if this is a bigger problem or not. Over all I really like the design of the 150 watt unit and it ran well until the fan failed. Good luck.

EDIT AFTER 4 MONTHS :

Well it had been several months and over 2000 mile trip running the newer bigger 300 watt version and I have had zero problems with it. Works great.

UPDATE 11-20-13: Well here we are in November and I use the 300 watt version every day as it runs the sound system in my truck and works perfect every day. The bigger unit is worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for in-car laptop use, November 29, 2012
Charges Apple MacBook Pro 15" without an issue while playing videos. Good size, cord allows outlets to be available at the back seat row. Fan is not louder than a normal car noise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item fo the money., October 13, 2012
I like this item,it is a good price, the only drawback is the usb ports don't seem to charge anything very fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great so far, March 11, 2013
Using in my car to charge laptop/phone so i can use my other accessory outlet for my ipod transmitter...Does great for me, though i would recommend disconnecting it if you are shutting the vehicle off to ensure you do not drain your car battery.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete Junk - Will not honor Warranty - Please Read, January 26, 2014
Fan makes horrible load screeching noise, you have to shake it and tap on it every time it starts to get it to not rub on the casing. I am not referring to the normal fan noise that some consider loud but a poorly made product that is defective; which several others have noted.

Most Importantly! Despite their written one year warranty on the box and the item description. They do not respond to Amazon customers!!

I have emailed them several times from the email listed on the packaging before finding the following on their website...

From the Bestek Website:

"Amazon & Ebay before / after sell inquiry please contact store directly;
Message sent to below emails will be ignored and not be forwarded."

Do not buy this Junk - Why would Amazon even sell it if they specifically ignore Amazon customers??

3.0 out of 5 stars It is somewhat noisy, September 25, 2013
T. Doan (Fort Worth, TX) - See all my reviews
The fan keeps running all the time. Therefore, it is somewhat noisy and annoying. BTW, the quality is good and it works well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine - for a while., March 4, 2013
Nice package, pretty quiet - I wasn't having any problems with this little inverter... until the fan developed a loud whine on startup. Okay - I'm willing to cut it some slack, it was still putting out good power and the sound faded fairly quickly...

And then it wouldn't fade out. It sounds like the fan bearings have gone, after less than four months.

I can't say I'd recommend this unit - but it's better than no inverter at all. And seeing the fan noise didn't start for a couple of months - you're probably okay using this in a short-term situation. I don't know if it's a problem with this model, or if I just got lucky - but I wouldn't get a second unless I was really hard up for power.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work. 3 hrs Charging gives u 15% battery. USELESS!!, August 28, 2014
Bought this thinking that it will charge the Kids Tablets (One is Samsung & other is Acer Iconia) on our long drive for vacation. Useless. Tried to charge for 3 hrs with loud fan noise to charge ONLY 15% battery which lasted for another 10 mins. Not sure whats behind all these good reviews? I bought this based on good reviews. I want my money back but it's outside Amazon's return policy.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work with BMW, June 26, 2014
I used this in my BMW X6 and BMW M3 2011 and both cars burned the fuse when i used this power inverter. I burned the fuse twice in my X6.