1,483 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and convenient, fan is continuous
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:56 Mins
Published on April 1, 2012 by D. Taylor

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really 300 Watts
This is actually 150 watts per outlet. If you try to plug something like a 200 watt airpump into this it will trip. don't be like me, spend a little more and get one that works for what you need it for.
Published 17 months ago by boswell

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and convenient, fan is continuous, April 1, 2012
This review is from: BESTEK® Dual 110V AC outlets and Dual USB 3.1A 300w power inverter car dc 12v to 110v ac inverter dc adapter laptop charger notebook adapter dc charger ac adapter usb charger MRI3011BU (Electronics)
Length:: 1:56 Mins

Arrived bubble wrapped in a small priority shipping box; not a retail package. This is a 1 piece unit, no accessories and a single half sheet of instructions. No loose parts to worry about, the plug is permanently attached and plugs directly into cig adapter. I like the compact size and feel of this unit. The cord is about the right length for me, there is 22" of wire between the plug and the unit. It'll reach the passenger seat just fine from the console. Mine works and produces modified AC power which runs my gadgets nicely (chargers: both USB and AC wall warts). The included USB ports are a bonus. My biggest disappointment is that the fan remains on continuously. This means I'll only be able to use it in situations where the car is running. I had hoped the fan would only turn on when it needed to cool down.

I want to be clear that this is a nicely working unit that will be fine in your running car. My initial goal was to find an inverter that would work in a n off the grid battery based situation. Due to the inefficiencies of a continuous fan, this unit is not a reasonable choice in an off grid battery situation. In an off the grid system, you want to minimize your idle power drain.

I bought this unit hoping I could use it in a camping kit but it would quickly drain my solar charged portable battery system (only 9Ah). I'm going to keep it, but it's less useful than I had hoped. I won't be able to leave this unit turned on when I'm away from the car or it'll drain the car battery, which is also unacceptable. You can get around that issue by plugging it into a 12v outlet that is switched on with your car. Note that by going to a unit that provides less watts out I was able to get one that works without a fan running all the time.
Go Power! GP-175 175-Watt Modified Sine Wave Inverter

The sales info says "Temperature controlled cooling fan" which tells me the fan should not be on unless it needs to cool the unit. I've contacted the seller to see how we'll resolve this. Perhaps I have a bad unit? *** Update from seller, this unit is working as designed ***

4 stars for delivering the power and having a USB port, and for being long lasting (mine is well over a year and still working great) Not 5 stars because of the noise and waste of energy a full time cooling fan causes. If the fan only went on as needed this would be a nice 5 star Inverter.

*** Update ***
This is now shipping with 2 power outlets, a nice improvement. Other than that change it is the same internal unit. Mine continues to work well after over a year. As long as you understand that the fan will remain on, this unit functions well and continues to be a great item. I still wish they would have updated the fan to be temp controlled. Updating my review from 3 to 4 stars due to the lifetime the unit has now given me.

*** Update ***
Contacted seller, after a couple of email exchanges it was determined that this unit will keep the fan on at all times. While the unit differs from how I understood the listing, it's not worth my time to send it back. When I ordered mine, 1/3rd of the price was paid in shipping fees, so I'll keep this unit as an in-car unit and look to find something else that will be more efficient in a solar/battery based system.

If your intended use is in a car, the fan is most likely not a problem. You can also check to see if your Cig adapter shuts off when you turn off your keys, if it does, then it's even less of an issue since it won't drain your batteries when you leave your car. I have a Cig adapter in the trunk I use to power/charge things on trips and when traveling, mine turns off with the key so I can use this in the car without worry.

Mine continues to work well and has survived weeks in my trunk in the hot AZ sun.

*** For comparison purposes I have also reviewed the GoPower 175w inverter and compare that unit with this one side by side. You will find that video here:
Go Power! GP-175 175-Watt Modified Sine Wave Inverter

5.0 out of 5 stars Road Trip Must-have, July 15, 2011
I purchased this adapter for my cross country road trip and it has been so useful! We frequently camp and the adapter is perfect for charging phones and cameras. I've used it for my hair straightener and we have used it to inflate our inflatable mattress. HIGHLY recommended. The customer service from this company is fantastic as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice inverter but beware the fan., September 22, 2012
Length:: 2:24 Mins

Overall I can recommend as long as you understand what you are getting. A nice little inverter for the money. The things that might surprise you is the little cooling fan never turns off. Not a super big deal but it does draw a little under half an amp just to run the units cooling fan. Having two USB ports was why I bought it. Watch the video and you will see more about power draw.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Inverter with a Loud Fan, April 15, 2014
At first I was surprised at how small this inverter is. I was able to tuck it up under the dash where it is hardly noticeable. I tested the outlets. They worked fine to power my MacBook Air in my car. I checked the USB ports to charge two phones at the same time. It provided AC charging notifications on both my Samsung phones at the same time. The SGS4 was in the higher amp USB port and the SGS2 is in the lower amp USB port. But both show fast charging (as if plugged into AC). All this while the laptop was being charged as well. I have a laser printers in my car's mobile office, but I am planning on swapping that out with an ink jet so I can keep this little inverter in my car and not need anything more. The laptop is the main deal.

I read the reviews about the fan being loud. It certainly is noticeably loud. It runs constantly when the inverter is switched on. One interesting thing I noticed is that if you switch off the inverter, it still provides power to the USB ports. So, here is my current set up. Normally, driving around with the inverter switched off, charging my two phones. When I need the MacBook Air, I switch it on. The fan will come on then. I can charge the Air and the two phones at the same time. When I'm done with the Air (not likely to be using it while driving), then I can switch the inverter off and keep charging the two phones. So this ability to keep using the USB ports when the inverter switch (and fan) is off mitigates the fan noise issue some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Add this to your bugout bag, November 15, 2012
I was watching the coverage of the aftermath of hurricane Sandy when the reporter showed a line of people waiting to plug in their personal communication devices in a power strip that the mobile reporting van had generously given them access to, and it occured to me that a simple 12 volt power port (cigarette lighter socket) adapter might be handy in the event of a power failure lasting for more than a day or two. Realizing that everyone in my household has different charging adapters, I thought that maybe I should look for a small inverter where we could all recharge our devices from the 120 volt output of such a device. Now I realize that you can drop a lot of money in a hurry when you start getting into higher output true sinewave inverters and I wasn't really looking to bust my budget, so when I came across this one for 26 bucks I ordered one just for emergencies. I also own a ES5000 12 volt jumper pack which has a power port built in, so I plugged in the BESTEK inverter and my Intertek "KILL A WATT" power monitor and tried out a variety of different devices. Unloaded, the output was 112 volts. Loaded, it rose to 116 volts- both acceptable. The frequency held rock solid at 59 Hz, again acceptable. I powered everything from a small battery charger (Dremal tool) to my laptop, to a radio/ CD player, to a small 50 watt table lamp. Everything worked as advertised. The fan does run continuously and it does make a fan noise but that doesn't affect what I'm going to use it for. You might want to consider buying a power socket that has alligator clips attached so you can power it from a stand alone battery if necessary. Remember, this is only a 300 watt inverter so check out the amperage draw of what you are going to power up first (volts X amps = watts) i.e. a 300 watt bulb @ 115 volts draws 2.61 amps. So limit your device draw to about 2.5 amps and you will do just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, October 27, 2011
Product was delivered promptly. Charges my laptop in just over 1 hour. Also used with a multiple outlet power strip to charge 2 Dewalt 18V batteries together. Fan is fairly quiet.
Cons. Cord could be longer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really 300 Watts, July 24, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Camping and Road Trips, May 13, 2014
This was the clutch purchase for the weekend... We took a camping/road trip that required close to 12 hours on the road... I bought it with the two extension cords below. It was great for music, laptops and movies on the car ride as well as the air mattress pump, portable shower, phone charges and anything else that requires an outlet or USB port. It is not very large. Easily fit in my glove box.
in one word... CLUTCH!

1.0 out of 5 stars Died on first plug-in, November 29, 2013
This thing died with the first thing I plugged into it. I attempted to find a fuse to change (usually they are in the adapter part that plugs into the lighter) but this thing didn't have a fuse to change. I understand saving money, but skimping on a fuse socket is absurd when the alternative is the unit becomes a brick.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work at all, August 18, 2013
Gustavo Cavalcanti (Fresno, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I guess I got a defective unit. Anything I plug makes the unit blink its red/green LED light. I tried with many different devices and all has the same behavior. I am returning and attempting a replacement.