Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
2-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
BIC America F12 12-Inch 475-Watt Front Firing Powered Subwoofer
|Price:||$214.00 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Powered subwoofer with 12-inch injection molded long throw woofer; BASH designed amp
- Patented BIC "Venturi" vent eliminates port noise
- Adjustable crossover, adjustable volume control, automatic signal sensing
- Inputs for both Dolby Pro Logic and Dolby Digital/DTS
- Backed by 5-year warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Brand Name: BIC America
- Model Number: F12
- Speaker Type: Subwoofers
- Speaker Connectivity: Wired
- Item Display Depth: 22 inches
The 12-inch, front-firing F12 powered subwoofer from BIC America incorporates a high current 475-watt peak amplifier designed by BASH Technology in combination with a 12-inch injection molded long-throw woofer. A patented BIC "Venturi" vent eliminates port noise, which is often heard from other subwoofers especially when playing demanding music and videos. The F12 also features an adjustable crossover, adjustable volume control, automatic signal sensing, high level inputs, and both Dolby Pro Logic and Dolby Digital/DTS inputs.
- Design: Front-firing 12-inch, 475-watt peak powered subwoofer
- Frequency Response: 25Hz - 200Hz
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Drivers: 12-inch injection molded woofer with heavy duty surround
- Magnetic Shielding: Yes
- Gold-Plated Terminals:Yes
- Recommended Power: Built-in Amplifier Power: 475 watts Dynamic Peak, 150 watts RMS continuous
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Dimensions: 21 x 19 x 22 inches (HxWxD)
- Weight: 42.70 pounds each
- Warranty: 5 years parts and labor
Top Customer Reviews
I wasn't content at all with my Polk PSW505 as you can see in my over 1000 word review of the PSW505 on Amazon, so I saved up money to try the F12 and planned to send it back after testing it out. Honestly, I didn't want the f12 to sound better than my Polk. I tried to tell myself the no name Bic f12 could not compete with the Polk PSW505, that sub is practically God of home subwoofers on Amazon. As the current owner of both, I would advise you to buy this f12 and never look back.
My main issue with the PSW505 was port noise. When my Polk sub hit below 30 hertz it sounded just awful and unless you just watch Teletubbies, Dora the explorer, and Sesame Street your sub will be forced to hit below 30 hertz. This becomes very important if you are watching blu rays with Dolby True HD or DTS HD Master Audio. This sub can punch, roll, and roar much beyond its $200 price tag.Read more ›
With the right speakers and set up correctly (with a decibel meter), the F-12 is an outstanding sub for the asking price. Truly a great bargain and one heck of a warranty.
I spent almost a month searching for a sub (for 50:50 music/movies), researching in lots of online forums and auditioned in couple of different local stores. High on my list were:
- Emotiva Sub 10: No longer being sold :(
- Emotiva Sub 12: Slightly out of my budget
- Elemental Design A3S-250: Past quality issues and too long a wait to get one
- Def Tech. ProSub 800: Checked this out in local store but I was not impressed by it
- Velodyne Impact 10: Checked this out in local store, did not like it as it could not go low.
- Polk subs: Don't bother (I tried couple and nothing impressed me) although I own Polk speakers which I love.
Although I did not audition this Bic but based on online forums and reviews I ordered this Bic and I have no qualms in saying that dollar for dollar this sub is perhaps the best value out there.
- Not boomy and can go low effectively.
Tried out couple of bluray's - Dark Knight sounded fabulous, it has this low rumbling sound track through out the movie and the sub did an excellent job with the same. Lord of Rings (return of king) was again excellent, especially the elephant war scene. I could literally feel the room shaking and the intensity building up.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great upgrade from my old 10" sub.. Bass is cleaner and deeper than I even expected from the reviews I read.Published 6 days ago by F. Factora
At times, I feel the couch shaking. This sub is stupidly powerful and sounds amazing.Published 8 days ago by 4estGimp
I Love the sound that this sub makes. I'm a drummer so you know I love bass. Music sound great and movies wow!!!!. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Amazon Customer
This thing thumps! Great sound quality. Im into speakers and subs, this one blew me away for the price.Published 17 days ago by george
Right now I'm going with 5 stars. The unit feels a little well, cheap. It looks good enough once sitting in the corner it's just not Polk/Yamaha quality as far as the case it... Read morePublished 20 days ago by Dan
Powerful primary sub and will adapt anywhere. It needs to have adequate receiver to push it I recommend getting the supercharger and test this sub out to full potential,,,!its goodPublished 20 days ago by Amazon Customer
I cannot be happier with this subwoofer.
I have been upgrading my home theater system, started with the front speakers and the subwoofer. Read more