5.0 out of 5 stars This pen really ROCKS.
Published on March 20, 2012 by Mos

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing
As much as I was so crazy about this product when i was a child , as much as I am so disappointed to what happened to its quality.
It smears every time, like if the ink is leaking out of the tip, each time if I dont clean the tip before writing the first few words are very messy.
Published 21 months ago by George

5.0 out of 5 stars This pen really ROCKS., March 20, 2012
This review is from: BIC Cristal Bold (1.6mm) Ball Pen, Blue, 24ct (MSBP241-Blu) (Office Product)
I am a poor grad student in engineering field and have got to study day and night for the research and exams in a way that have a calises on my middle finger. Anyway, I don't leave comments, but this pen made me coming here and write a comment about it. This pen is AWESOME, and so smooth in a way that you don't need to push hard to make it writing, like those stuff in WALMART. I write so much in a way that I empty each of these pens in 3 to 4 days, but still don't feel tired in my fingers. If you look for a good, nice pen which writes so smooth, for no doubt give this a try.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, March 29, 2013
It was not like that in the past, but it seems as if the viscosity of the ink is not enough to keep the ink in the ink cartridge causing it to leak every time it sits for a while.
very sorry to see this product turn out that way.

1.0 out of 5 stars smears..., November 25, 2011
I bought the black version at staples and absolutely loved it... Extremely disappointed with the blue version I bought through amazon because it comes on too thick and smears, not just a little, but everywhere... Not worth it... It does glide on smoothly though..

5.0 out of 5 stars The bes quality- the best value, December 10, 2013
I never share these pens! Even though they are super cheap and easy to replace, who would want to? This pen never leaves my office and is my go to for smooth,bold, easy to handle writing. One tip- when the ink is gone, it's gone- don't try to use the last bit, the quality of the ink crumbs will frustrate you. Just grab a new pen and enjoy more lovely writing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pen, December 20, 2013
These pens are awesome. They right smoothly. I use them to take notes on the classic yellow legal pads (legal pads & a box of these pens would be a great "going back to school" gift). They can be a little messy at times (I get ink on my hand), but it's worth it. Definitely a nerd thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wide writing pens are for me, December 20, 2013
You just cannot beat the price of these BIC writing pens. They are bold and write well. The only draw back is that it clumps occasionally. There are 24 pens in each box and for less than 2.00 a box, you just cannot beat it. I recommend them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bold Pens Leak Ink, December 12, 2011
The new bold 1.6mm pens leak ink. After usuing one for a short time, it will start to leak ink around the tip area. I had to throw most of them away.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, April 27, 2014
I hate to write bad reviews, but these pens are awful. I agree with another reviewer who stated that the tips of the pens have to be cleaned every time you try to write. I don't mean when you put the pen away and write another time. I mean every new sentence. I usually like Bic pens and wanted the kind that my office provides, which writes dark enough to see clearly without pressing hard and glides smoothly on the paper. This was just a total disappointment.

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't want my wife to ink her face, but there it was..., December 3, 2014
These are absolutely the worst pens I've ever purchased. I'm a diehard Bic Crystal fan, and accidentally purchased these "bold" pens. They're too gloopy to write with (I'm an author) but didn't seem worth returning. I figured they'd be great for addressing envelopes and such.

The ink flow is so copious they arrive with a little waxy cap to keep it from falling out en route. Once the little seal is removed a ball of ink accumulates on the end if they're left tip-down, they smear on everything that brushes them if they're left tip-up without a cap, and 'explode' inside regularly.

I keep pots of pens all over the house. Naturally I seeded the new box around the various locations, so now I just throw them out whenever I come across one.

Absolutely the worst pens I've ever used. I'd rather use free pens from the bank.

2.0 out of 5 stars Smears always, July 31, 2014
Griswel (Rochester, NY) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I remember using these in Chemistry class (taken apart and applied to a tapered faucet, they became a squirt gun with a 30' range), but I must agree with so many others that the design is poor. From the first, writing becomes a matter of cleaning the tip, using the pen, cleaning the tip, using the pen again. You need a rag handy to avoid having splotches of ink either on your paper or on a nearby surface.