Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BIC Marking Permanent Marker Fashion Colors, Ultra Fine Point, Assorted Colors, 36-Count
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 5, 2011
I tried the original 'fine' bic mark it pens and really liked them. They have a pretty great range of colors AND best of all - they sell open stock of their colors. ALL of the colors. No such luck with the 'other' guys. With the limited edition approach they take, to replace $harpie colors you need to buy several that you don't need in order to get the ones you want - wasteful and expensive. With the bic pens that's not a problem. But I require ultrafine point markers. I need the precision for details. And now the marker gods have answered - with these bic markit ultrafines!

The 36 set has all the colors available. So for detail you can use these, if you need to cover more space you can use the 'fine' point ones. I've never cared for the definition of 'fine' points. Because they kind of aren't. These I would consider a fine point and the .005 type pens I would consider ultrafine. Anyway that's not important. What is important is that these are:

nice pens, comfy to hold
good range of colors
the ink flow is good, doesn't drip or pool up
the size of the markers is the same as the fine point ones. the only difference is the tip which means it has a really decent amount of ink in there
the case it comes in is a kinda cool foldout thing to store the markers
really nice price for a 36 set - cheaper than the other guys which is only 24 - AND with open stock if you have a fave that always runs out first

If you're a $harpie fiend like me then give them a try. As for me, these have become my new old faves.

Also for anyone who needs to know the package also states:

Acid-Free Ink*
*no added acid;no measurable PH - this means that there may be a little in there but not enough to worry about. Just a part of the process to make the markers most likely. I guess this matters for rubber stamp people or scrapbookers? Not sure but anywho, now you know.

Also consider that you have to put something down under the paper you're using. These - like all permanent markers - WILL bleed through.
22 comments|165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2015
Great pens! I love the color variety and the dark saturation, as well as the fine points to get small details. My only warning is that the ink will bleed if you keep the tip in one place too long, especially the dark colors. You need to color quickly and with a light touch or the color may bleed out of the lines. It will also bleed through to whatever is under it so make sure to have a thicker paper under as a buffer. I keep my coloring pages in a manilla folder and use that as the under layer. The attached picture is done with these pens, aside from a few lighter areas done with colored pencil. Even the lightest of the pen colors is quite saturated so any highlights will need to be done with pencil.
review image
on January 17, 2011
I've been a huge fan of felt point pens since the 60's when I used to use the ones my Dad kept on his desk for detailed drawings of all my favorite creations. When I got old enough to buy my own gear, Flairs, Expresso's and Sharpies were always big favorites. But having tried these Bic's, they may just yet take the prize. The color selection is fabulous, the line quality and color intensity is great, the feel in the hand is much more comfortable than a Sharpie (though I never felt myself complaining about them) and they're just a complete delight to work with. Yes, they are permanent, so don't use them without taking that into account, or you might just stain something you don't mean to. The package these 36 pens come in allows you to spread the pens out while keeping them in control, then pack them back up for easy storage with just two folds. Very clever. I can highly recommend these to anyone who enjoys using top quality felt tip permanent markers for drawing, sketching, coloring or writing (on very high quality paper).
11 comment|101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
These are my favorite markers for adult coloring books. This is one of the few sets I have that actually has lighter colors (the Stabilo's have barrels that look pastel in the package, but come out much darker). One third of this set is pastel--which I used in my attached photo. They are still very bright--but about as light as you can get with markers.

These tips are VERY fine, and perfect for coloring books with fine details like Jenean Morrison's. However, you don't want to try to color large areas with these. I would love to have the same colors in a set in a larger tip size to go with these.
review image
Item Package Quantity: 1|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using the BIC Mark-It color collection permanent marker, Fine Point, Assorted Colors, 36 Markers for several years for various crafts projects, so I jumped at the opportunity to try out this Ultra Fine point version.

First, these are *permanent* markers, intended to compete with the Sharpie fine point markers. Are they the same quality? Not quite, but they're not bad at all.

I use the Sharpie black fine point pen for outline work, and "fill in" with these BIC (cheaper) pens. This works great for shrinkable plastic (Shrinky Dinks-type stuff) Make Your Own Shrinky Dinks -- made a bunch of Christmas ornaments this way over the holidays, and this gives them a nice "stained-glass" effect.

Like with a lot of pens of this type, the colors on the barrel do NOT match the ink color. It will give you an idea of what's inside, but it won't be an exact match. I usually make a "cheat sheet" that I keep in the case so that I know what I'm getting colorwise. I've had to do this with every pen set I've ever purchased, so it's not just a problem with these BIC pens.

How do they last? Well, I've had mine for awhile now, and they're still going strong. I've used them for the aforementioned ornaments, plus a ton of coloring projects. OK, I'll admit it: I'm an adult who likes to color. There. I said it. Dover Publications makes some really nice coloring books, like Decorative Tile Designs Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books). I photocopy the page I want to color on good bright-white paper (at least 24#; usually 26 or 28#). This saves the book (the paper in some of these books isn't great, and allows too much bleed-through), and produces a crisp finished product. And yes, these pens work EXTREMELY well for this.

Bottom line: I like these a lot. They're not perfect, but they're good.
33 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2015
I got these markers for my adult coloring book. Overall I really like them! They are great for doodling and coloring/drawing detailed pictures. I gave it 4/5 stars because the range of colors within the set is lacking. Also they bleed through terribly. See the picture below for an example of the bleeding.
review image review image
I love Mark-It pens. The ultra fine ones come in a lot of colors including pastels which are fantastic for Shrink Film 8-1/2 Inch X11 Inch Sheets 6/Pkg-Clear because when you shrink plastic the colors intensify and darken quite a bit so a hot pink marker will come out looking more red or burgundy than pink.

I've also used these on domino pendants. The pendants do have to be sealed after coloring, but the colors dry well without smearing. For crafty purposes, these are my favorite permanent markers.
The price is just right too for a lot of colors.

They also work well on glossy finish papers and plain paper.

I've had some that were left unused, capped tightly, for 6 months and still worked after that time.
66 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2016
I bought these to use for adult coloring and have been loving them. The range of colors is pretty good, though I would like to see a dark red/burgundy instead of the 3 near-identical dark plum colors. (See my color chart.) The Polynesian Purple also comes out looking almost blue, so I think the set lacks a good, clean purple in general. However, they color smoothly and I've used them on several different types of paper in several different books now. They WILL bleed through the back, but usually not onto the next page. (I still keep a blank paper between pages.) They're perfect for mandalas because they can fit into tiny spaces but don't overlap too badly coloring larger areas either. There is a very mild odor the first time you use them, but I've noticed it fading away the more they've been exposed to air.

I was in love with my Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pens for awhile, but I find myself preferring these now due to their versatility, wider range of colors, and being just wide enough to color a bit faster. I'm considering getting ultra-fine Sharpies to fill in some of the gaps in the color range.
review image review image review image
on January 17, 2016
This review appeared originally in a longer form on Adult Coloring 101 at http://bit.ly/1RO8g3k.
See the attached photos for some examples of my work using the BIC MarkIts as well as pictures of the product/packaging.

Looking for a great set of ultra fine markers? When I am coloring-in detailed illustrations, that is what I want. My Sharpies have been my go-to for a few years now. However, as I’ve advanced in my techniques, the 24 colors that Sharpie gives me just aren’t enough to let me do some multi-color shading to bring depth and life to my coloring. So it was great that, for Christmas, I received this product as a present. I’ve been giving them a good workout, and I must say, I find myself grabbing my BICs more often than my faithful old Sharpies.

36 Great Colors: I love that this set of markers has 36 great colors, including pastels and neutrals. This means that I have been able to create some great color palettes and use multi-color shading techniques.
Fantastic Price: On Amazon, this 36-pen set currently costs $24.49, which is $0.68 each. The Sharpies? $19.88 for 24 colors, which is $0.82 each.
Unique Packaging: BIC went all out on the package for the MarkIts! You receive the markers in a unique, folding clamshell. Every pen clicks into its own slot, and when the package is completed unfolded, they are all right there in front of you. Great for when you are coloring on a surface, although a bit clunky when I am coloring in my recliner.

What Others are Saying
These are very popular markers. As I write this post, there are 434 reviews on Amazon.com with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars. Some comments from verified purchasers include:
“These are my favorite markers for adult coloring books.”
“Great alternative to Sharpies!!”
“…good ink pigment saturation…Very smooth even flow.”
The only complaint I saw a few times: the MarkIts bleed. One user even wrote that they “….bleed like a head wound.” Folks, all alcohol markers will bleed on any paper not specially made for markers, such as the BeePaper Bleed-proof Marker Pad Bee Paper Bleedproof Marker Pad, 8-1/2-Inch by 11-Inch .

My only nitpick: the color on the clip, grip and tip isn’t exactly the color you will get in your coloring book. As with all of my media (pens, pencils, and markers alike) I made a color chart to keep handy when using them.

I do have to mention that there was one strange thing with my package: The barrels on three of the markers were labeled “BIC Marking” and did not have a color name printed on them. I went to the BIC website and determined the color names by the process of elimination. I then wrote the colors on the barrel with the Tuxedo Black marker. Problem solved!

My Verdict
I love these markers because of the number of colors, great price and quality of the color. That they are comfortable to hold as well is a bonus. I will definitely buy another set when I need to.
on March 24, 2011
I just received this set yesterday from Amazon and am delighted with the colors. In our area, the packages only went up to 24 colors, so I was glad to find a 36 pack. I bought them to use for coloring in some of the grown up coloring books I have purchased from amazon. Just looking at all the colors is a nice experience. I also have some Ultra Fine Sharpies but like these better simply because of they way they feel in my hand. These coordinate with the 36 pack Fine Bik Mark-Its color-wise as every pen has a unique color name. (Flamingo Pink is one that stands out in my mind). My only problem is that with some of the paper of some of the Dover coloring books the marker would bleed through. I also stick a lot of scrap paper under a design when I color. If designs are back to back in a book, I use crayons or colored pencils.
One of the things I like best is the packaging. This is a great, convenient way to store my markers and I can see all the colors at once. You can distinguish the fine point from the ultra fine point markers by the coloring. One has solid color cap the other just a band of the color. Opening these was like opening a new box of crayons when I was a child --- except of course there isn't that wonderful smell. But just seeing the package brought out the child in me.