Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Size: 36-Count|Color: Assorted|Change

on May 27, 2012
These are the best inexpensive markers I have found so far. I am an artist and like trying different markers on my doodle artwork. These are better then sharpies because they don't smell bad and they go on smoother, which is better for larger spaces that need coloring in.

I also LOVE the plastic container they come it. The pens all snap into place and are held there for easy use, organization of colors, and storage. Much better then having to dig through my plastic bin of markers to find one, or having to lay them all out on the table once I find them. I wish all markers came with this storage design.

And they last pretty long. I color in lots of hand drawn artwork on 9 in x 12 in sketch books and have been able to do about 15 of them using this pack alone. That's pretty long lasting compared to other markers I have tried.

The markers bleed through the paper and spread a tiny bit. So place something underneath your paper so you don't ruin other sheets. I know these are not made for professional artists but I love using them anyway because I like the jagged marker look they leave, it adds a textured look to the page. If you want really smooth, non-lined effect then go with REALLY expensive markers (like Copic or Prismacolor).

I uploaded a photo of one of my doodles (the cat sitting under the tree with hearts) so you can see the effect it leaves on the page.

I only wish they came in much bigger package sizes, like a 100 color pack would be awesome.
review image
77 comments| 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2015
I bought these to use with my adult coloring books. I love the fold out case they come in but I took them out because I also bought the Ultra Fine set and I prefer to carry them all together.

The swatches came out very nice! I'm looking forward to using these as the colors are beautiful and brighter than the 24 pack of sharpies I have (plus, 12 more colors)!

I will report back on how long they last.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2008
My wife is a teacher. She loves loves loves the colors and the design of these markers.

However, they do not last near as long as Sharpies do. She makes a lot of hand done posters for her room. She wanted to use these since they would greatly expand the color choices from the Sharpie staples. But she goes through 2 complete Bic markers until they are used up to fill in the same space 1 Sharpie can do the job in.

They are perfect for scrap booking, drawing, and other light use, but not the heavy duty use some people need.
22 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Size: 36-Count|Color: Assorted|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was very hopeful for this marker set, and impressed with its presentation and packaging. It has great fold out packaging, making all colors easily accessible and organized.

That's where my good impression ended.

Perhaps it's because I have, for 20 years, worked with professional artists' mediums, but I am accustomed to consistency and accuracy in color swatching for my inks and paints. The color swatching for these pens is "off", to say the least. Do not trust the lid to equal the shade of the ink in the pen. For some colors, it was quite accurate; for others, not at all (and I was tempted to switch some of the lids to better match the colors inside). If you get these pens, create a test-sheet on pure white paper, so you can have a better color map for the pens.

As I tested each color, I found the consistency of the tips of the pens to be lacking. Some gave me a heavy, thick line, and others a very thin one. Some ebbed and flowed with the ink distribution. (With same angles and pressures applied.) This can be problematic while working on a project.

The ink levels/dryness also varied a LOT. Some pens gave a heavy consistent ink line, while others seemed dry right from the start. Others gave something in between, as the ink levels came and went. The lighter colors seemed to be lacking in ink distribution more than the darker, richer colors, but even that wasn't consistent. Again, if you end up with these, a test-sheet of paper will remind you which colors are heavier in distribution than others.

I ran these pens through the wringer, using them heavily to see how they lasted, and again, the life of each pen seemed to differ greatly from the others (but the dryer beginners did die faster, which I expected). None lasted as long as competitors' brands that I have used.

If you need some pens for a quick, disposable or of lesser-importance project, then these might be a good choice (if they are cheap enough). But if you're looking for quality pens for a project that holds any weight, then there are better choices.

I'm disappointed that I have to write this review as is. I was very hopeful that these would be a quality product. I would not purchase these, except maybe for a child who was doing a quick science fair poster or something along that line.
22 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 24, 2011
These pens are even better than they look. One row is pastel colors, 1 row is more dark, earthy colors, and 1 row some light, yet vibrant colors. I've gotten lots of things that say they come in a "carrying case," & the case is usually worthless. But this case is awesome. It will keep the markers organized, and it folds out for easy access to each pen.

The pens deliver the ink evenly, and the ink absorbs into the paper immediately. That means my left-handed daughter does not get the ink all over her hand! We both like that

The negatives: the caps are ridiculously hard to get off. I guess that will keep the marker 'good' longer, but it's a pain. Also, they have a strong 'permanent' smell that I don't notice w/my colored Sharpies.

I have 2 kids, ages 6 & 12, and I have told them that these are MY pens, no touchie with kiddie fingers. These are great for art projects, scrapbooking (acid free), marking on CDs. I think I'll let my kids use these, under supervision, for school projects that they want to look good. Overall, I'd say this has outstanding value. I highly recommend them.
on April 28, 2015
I use these to color. They don't leave too many streaks and they go on smooth. Great choice of colors. The Ultra Fines are great for more detailed drawings, but these fines work great for coloring more open pictures.
on January 14, 2015
I would have given these a five because they are really nice markers and the colors are great....more interesting selection than many sets. however if you are ordering on line as I did, or if you buy them in a store where you cannot try out the markers first, you will probably be disappointed because these should certainly NOT be labeled as fine point. The tip is a good solid medium, if not fairly wide. I am accustomed to fine point markers making a thin, defined line, but these make a thick colorful line.
As I said, beautiful colors, and still very useful to me, so I am keeping them.
on July 14, 2013
I recently purchased a 36 colour set of these, having decided that in a permanent marker the Bis a good value for me. I purchased this set as a back up to replace markers that I have used up or have left uncapped over night.
I have used these markers for a number of years and if there is a negative issue if you leave them uncapped they dry out quickly. Compared to what you might ask, Prismacolor, Sharpies in permanent and in watercolors Pentel and Stabilo.

What is important is the fact that even with this problem I continue to purchase them and give them 5 Stars. The cost and the fact that the colors are consistent, so if I replace a marker in my 36 color set with one from the 24 color set I can continue to finish what I am working on with the same color.
on November 1, 2015
These are fantastic markers for coloring. They will bleed through the page, but I have only one sided books. I put a sheet of paper under the page I am working on. The colors are vibrant and beautiful and don't leave streaking. They have a soft grip making them easy to hold. The case they come in is very handy for storage. I would buy these again!

Update! I just bought my second set of these markers because I love them so much. I dried up all of my favorite colors from using them so much. They do last a very long time. The color selection is so unique, unlike any other marker set I have seen. The way the ink lays on the page is beautiful. I use them alone, or with my sharpies. Sometimes I will color a page with them and then shade over them with colored pencils for a more complex look. You can't go wrong with these. The price is fantastic for the product you receive. I also have the ultra fine point set and will need to order another one soon for the same reason, I can't stop using them!
on June 6, 2012
While I'm sure these would stain your clothes and the colors themselves are alright I purchased these permanent markers to write on plastic surfaces. They didn't work for what I needed. The ink pools and puddles when I use them. My sharpies worked fine on the same surface.

If I wanted just pretty colored markers I would have gotten a different type of marker, but I needed permanent makers and these did not fit my needs.

I can't speak for other projects, but I will state, these do not work on plastic surfaces. If you need to write on something only a permanent marker will stay on, then do not get these.