- Sorry, this item is not available in
- Image not available
- To view this video download Flash Player
|Price:||$8.26 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$4.54 (35%)|
Writing Sparks Creativity
According to an expert in educational psychology from the University of Washington, handwriting instruction benefits students' cognitive development as well as motor functioning. For example, some of the motor and cognitive tasks associated with handwriting are the following: ideation, text production, punctuation, planning, spelling, grammar.
Writing Builds Self-Confidence
"Studies show that children who write frequently, both at school and at home, feel more confident in their writing abilities. This confidence translates into success in all academic subjects and in nonacademic environments as well." – Pam Allyn, Your Child’s Writing Life and "Prepare My Child for School: Early Childhood Education," U.S. Department of Education.
Writing Improves Cognitive Development
Experts recommend at least 15 minutes of handwriting instruction each day for students. Research has shown that improved handwriting skills have benefits for cognitive development, motor skills and can lead to improved writing skills and comprehension.
1. Set aside specific times during the week for writing stories, songs or even jokes. Let your kids use their imaginations!
2. Have an assortment of colorful pens, pencils and markers on hand that will make kids want to spend more time writing.
3. Make writing special for kids with their own personal table, desk, or designated area. Get them excited about their own writing space!
4. Give kids a fun assignment that requires them to write. Make a birthday wish list or write a letter to someone famous.
5. Make up games around writing. Practice signing their autograph to give to mom or dad.
|BIC Pencil Xtra-Sparkle||BIC Pencil Xtra-Life||BIC Pencil Xtra-Shine||BIC Pencil Xtra-Strong||BIC Pencil Xtra-Precision|
|Benefit||Sparkly, fun designs||Long-lasting smooth writing lead||Light reflecting design||Break resistant lead||Precise, sharp and clean lines|
|Fine Point 0.5mm||✓|
|Medium Point 0.7mm||✓||✓||✓|
|Thick Point 0.9mm||✓|
|Perfect For||Home, School||Home, School, Office||Home, School||Home, School||Home, Office|
Exactly what I was looking for. Gave these to my students for end of the year review supplies.Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Great for our daughter who normally breaks lead when writing. These are perfect!
My only complaint is it writes so thick, understandably, so isn't good when you have a... Read more
Good pencil, nice thick lead. I use them at work and they haven't let me down yetPublished 9 days ago by Eric Pyle