5.0 out of 5 stars A whole lot of pens
So why buy a box of 60 pens, when it takes forever just to use up a single pen?

Published on May 29, 2011 by Geomancer

3.0 out of 5 stars Black pens
I needed pens for work as mine are always being stolen. This ten pack is a great value. I can loan them out and if they don't come back to me I am not out alot of money. Pens write well and are a good value.
Published on March 9, 2011 by lvkahnefan

5.0 out of 5 stars A whole lot of pens, May 29, 2011
Geomancer (Northern USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BIC Round Stic Xtra Life Ball Pen, Medium Point (1.0 mm), Blue, 60-Count (Office Product)
So why buy a box of 60 pens, when it takes forever just to use up a single pen?

There are lots of reasons, the biggest being the well known fact that once you set a pen down and look away they grow legs and walk off. It's true! What else could cause them to disappear? I think they're forming a colony somewhere in the house, I just hope they don't make a move to take over.

Okay lets be serious now. At the time of this review this box of 60 pens is only 54 cents higher in cost than buying a 10 pack on Amazon. So for 54 cents you get 50 more pens, that's an obviously fantastic deal.

These are your basic every day pens that are so darn cheap you don't much care when they grow their legs and disappear on you. Everyone has heard of the "You get what you pay for" saying before. Well, while these pens are very inexpensive they truly do work really well. I obviously have not tested all 60 of them, but all the ones I have used so far have made nice, smooth, even lines. The caps go on and off easily with minimal force. For you pen chewers out there you can chew away, and always have another in the box you can lend out without getting those looks (you know what I'm talking about).

Are there better pens out there? Of course, but they cost a heck of a lot more. These pens will serve your check book well (does anyone still use those things? I do, but I'm old school like that), take great notes in school, and scribble a quick note at your desk without fuss. Everyday pens for everyday people.

5.0 out of 5 stars THESE GET THE JOB I BUY THEM FOR DONE., December 3, 2009
Indeed, as another reviewer has stated, these pens have been around for almost ever. There of course is a reason for this...actually several reasons. First they are quite inexpensive. Second, they actually write. Third they are available anywhere. Forth, they do no leak. They last quite a long time. And finally, they are not unpleasant to write with.

I substitute teach which means I can be in a 3rd grade class one day and in an advanced high school class the next...I never know. I carry a very large canvas pouch with me stuffed with stuff. I always carry at least two or three packs of these pens with me as invariably, sure as the sun rises, there will be at least one or two kids who forgot their pen or pencil (I always keep several packages of pencils too...but that is for another review). I have also noted that some classes and some students will actually try to take advantage of a substitute teacher and their third favorite request the instant the bell rings is "can I go to my locker...I forgot my pen." Ha...I have the little twerps! And I don't even have to be mean about it like I do with the endless bathroom and drink requests.

Anyway, these pens work great. They do not leak all over the place and smudge. If the student forgets to return the pen...which often happens, I am not out a lot of money and they are less likely to steal them as they do not really look all that cool nor do they have a lot of whistles and bells on them.

As an additional advantage, I do not mind writing short notes with them myself, and I am one of those people who are constantly misplacing pens all over the house and at my desk. I have found that even I have trouble loosing these things if I buy them a dozen at a time. Anyway, they write smoothly and get the job done.

Like another reviewer here, I am not all that happy about these not being manufactured in this country anymore and think it is a shame...but what are you going to do? I guess it is worth it if we can make the fat cats fatter. I will note that when the company changed the manufacturing location, to save money I presume, I certainly did not see the price of these things, cheap though they may be, going down any, for us, the consumer.

Be that as it may, I certainly can recommend these things. They do what they were meant to do.

Don Blankenship
The Ozarks

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pen for the price, April 20, 2012
While these are not the type of pens you would want to write with for a long period of time, they are a great buy. I use them in my classroom (I teach high school) as they are cheaper than most pencils and pens out there. I have not had any "duds" as you get sometimes with generic brands. If you pull a pen from the box, it will write, and it will write smoothly. These would be great for any environment that consumes a lot of pens.

3.0 out of 5 stars Black pens, March 9, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars They write. They're cheap., July 8, 2010
What can one say about these pens? They're about the most basic pens imaginable. They have a plain, cylindrical body, a thoroughly unsophisticated plastic cap, and the whole assembly is the same color as the ink contained within. They won't win any beauty contests, but they do put ink on paper, and they do it cheaply. Isn't that what really counts at the end of the day?

One minor complaint I have about these pens is that the caps tend to crack if you put them on tightly. Other than that, these are perfectly adequate and the price really can't be beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars For some reason, September 20, 2009
I find the less expensive pens to do an excellent jobs. These pens are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pens at a bargain price, August 19, 2013
Bic are my favorite pens, as they write despite the weather or time stored. I have taken these overseas for storage and use in our bookstore and they always work. Even the Africans ask for these by name.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bic Pen, April 9, 2013
We use them to write orders for food in our restaurant. WE don't use expensive pens because they walk away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pens, August 26, 2012
Pens worked fine. I used them at work and they almost always worked. I would say that there are maybe 1-2 duds per pack of 60, but it was the cheapest pen I could find online, and much more reliable than freebie promotional pens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Pens, Good Price, March 27, 2012
60 pens should last a college student such as myself a long time. I got them at $4.69, making each pen cost about 8 cents, which is a satisfying price. They write well and last a fair while before drying up. If you're into blue ball point pens, this is where its at. Recommended.

Rate and Discover Movies