4.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP AND SERVICEABLE...NICE.
This is another nifty mechanical pencil for our already throw-a-way society. These pencils are ideal for the class room in that they actually work, are indeed shatter resistant, and when they are lost or not returned, and I guarantee that this will happen, you are not out big bucks.

The lead is No.2 and leaves a nice bold mark, bet not so bold that it smears...
Published on January 29, 2010 by D. Blankenship

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Expensive!
Thought this was a good buy for my grandson who loves mechanical pencils. However, I could have bought this cheaper at Target!
Published 18 months ago by Carolyn Bishop

4.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP AND SERVICEABLE...NICE., January 29, 2010
This review is from: BIC Pencil Xtra Sparkle (colorful barrels), Medium Point (0.7 mm), 24-Count (Office Product)

The lead is No.2 and leaves a nice bold mark, bet not so bold that it smears all over the place. It comes with to refill leads which really is not all that important as in a school situation, you will never see the thing again once you loose sight of it; but it is never the less nice to know the lead is there...just in case.

The eraser is quite effective. Keep in mind that this has a top lead advance mechanism, so you do have to stop writing to advance the lead. This does not seem to bother the students all that much though.

These pencils are ideal for math or accounting classes.

They do come in nice colors (the shell), but not so nice that they look "cool," ergo, more are returned than if they were nice shinny things.

I suppose you could sum it up as "cheap and serviceable." In this day and age, what more could you ask for?

Don Blankenship
The Ozarks

5.0 out of 5 stars Made This Teacher Very Happy, April 13, 2012
I was thrilled when I saw this 24-pack of BIC mechanical pencils at such a great price on Amazon. I bought 4 packs. As a teacher of Middle school students, I am constantly lending out pencils to unprepared students who promise to return them, then mysteriously find myself "out of stock" at the end of the week. I have my suspicions that my 13-year old boys are snacking on them, but I can't prove anything.

Seriously, these pencils are great, and my students prefer these, hands down, to regular wooden pencils (sometimes I hand them out as prizes and the kids love receiving them). My gripe with wood pencils is that every two minutes it seems the point is breaking and I have students sharpening pencils all throughout my class period. These pencils eliminate that disruption, because even if the point breaks, which isn't too often, since these particular pencils are a sturdy .7mm point size, with two clicks the students are back to writing.

We recently took our state-wide standardized tests and my school made it mandatory that we use wooden #2 pencils and throughout the entire 2 week testing period when I replaced dozens of pencils with broken points, sighed over greyish smudges on open response questions, and sharpened dozens of pencils daily, I found myself dreaming about using these pencils.

These BIC pencils are top quality; other mechanical pencils jam, or snap, or the erases fall out or leave smudges on the paper, and these pencils don't do any of that. From this teacher's point of view, these are the best mechanical pencils out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars AFFORDABLE MECHANICAL PENCILS, March 20, 2012
I have 4 kids who love to draw and write. These pencils are wonderful -- they are priced right and they do the job quite well. The leads that came with the pencils are perfect, they're dark and they look like they were written by regular #2 pencils. The pastel colors of the barrel are also a big plus, it's always a bonus when kids can pick the colors they like. I cannot think of anything negative to say about these mechanical pencils -- they are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! 24 pencils for less than $7, how can you go wrong?

5.0 out of 5 stars Mechanical Over Wood Anyday, September 29, 2013
What's to say? They work great and save trips to the sharpener and annoying breaking tips. They're not uber fancy, but they're priced great and quite pretty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pencils, July 26, 2013
I always use the pencils. For the price they are great and beat the more expensive ones just by the amount you can get for the same price. I would recommend these to a friend. I know that I'll be loaning them out to them at some point too.

5.0 out of 5 stars like expected, February 14, 2014
use these all the time for school and stuff they work well, i might get some lead to fill the ones that empty

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Pencils, November 25, 2013
Awesome pencils, and great deal for the price. I shouldn't have to buy any pencils for several years now. They write nice and erase clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work great, great price., July 15, 2014
I love mechanical pencils and these work just fine. Worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, June 27, 2014
These pencils are good quality. I use them everywhere: the kitchen, the car, the office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price!, June 22, 2014
I just love mechanical pencils! I thought these were a great price! I used them as an add-on to get free shipping, and it was so worth it!

Rate and Discover Movies