4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Dry Mouth
I wear a mouth guard at night and have problems with dry mouth. I gargle with Biotene before bed and am very happy with the results
Published on October 25, 2008 by S. Walton

1.0 out of 5 stars Change in formula, no enzymes, chemical taste
Please note that the product description does not match the image of the caption for product, which indicates it has calcium in it.
If you enlarge the photo, next to the "33.8 fl oz (1 liter)" at the bottom of the label is a code, which says "100289XC" which is a new code.
Published 11 months ago by FGanva

1.0 out of 5 stars Change in formula, no enzymes, chemical taste, August 18, 2013
This review is from: BIOTENE MOUTHWASH ALC FREE 33.8 OZ (Health and Beauty)
I have a bottle I just emptied, which has the same UPC symbol, but next to the size on the label, is the code "1000289XB" which is the older code. Yesterday,I opened a bottle of the newer product and was surprised at how the taste had changed - it seems much more like a chemically contrived taste rather than a refreshing natural one. The new taste has a much thicker cloying mouth feel too. My spouse noted the same disgusting taste. It was so striking this morning that I retrieved the older bottle from the recycle bin to compare the ingredient list. Two BIG changes - no longer is xylitol the sole sweetener - the new formula contains sorbitol too - an artificial sweetener which many try to avoid. Sorbitol is irritating to my mouth and gums. AND, no longer are there any enzymes like zinc gluconate, lactoferrin, lysozyme, lactoperixodase, glucose oxidase. No calcium either [old formula had calcium lactate].
After using this product for more than a decade, I have cancelled my subscribe and save order - this just isn't the product that had been so successful for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Dry Mouth, October 25, 2008

1.0 out of 5 stars New formula is HORRIBLE- Avoid!!, January 7, 2014
This review is from: BIOTENE MOUTHWASH ALC FREE 33.8 OZ (Health and Beauty)
If you have been using Biotene mouthwash for years as I have, you are going to be both disappointed and probably disgusted with the new formula. I noticed the bottle said something about a "new PH" but had no idea how drastic the change would be. This formula now has a distinct "medicine" taste and gives a slight burn to the mouth. It also gives off a "numbing" sensation to the tongue. Completely horrible! Why they had to change a perfectly outstanding product is beyond me. It is seriously disgusting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't Use New Horrible Formula, January 2, 2014
This review is from: BIOTENE MOUTHWASH ALC FREE 33.8 OZ (Health and Beauty)
I have used Biotene Dry Mouth Oral Rinse for many years and loved the product. It was always gentle and effective. Imagine my surprise when I tried my most recent purchase and it caused my mouth to burn so badly that I had to rinse it out. There was also a strong "minty" smell that was not there before. I bought another lot thinking it was a lot problem but it was the same. I am deeply saddened that I cannot use this product any more and wonder what I will do. Also I am miffed that I paid big bucks for two bottles of Biotene that I can't use.

Why would a company make a horrible change like this. It is new product development gone horribly awry. People with dry mouth also often have a very sensitive mouth. DUH. Lets make a product that our customer base can't use.

I noticed the the company posted a response to one of the amazon reviews saying call us and let us know about your problem. I called twice today and after waiting over ten minutes each time gave up. I then sent two emails, neither of which have been answered. So much for their caring and great customer service.

1.0 out of 5 stars What happened to this mouthwash?, April 7, 2014
This review is from: BIOTENE MOUTHWASH ALC FREE 33.8 OZ (Health and Beauty)
Years ago, my dentist recommended biotene for my dry mouth so I had been buying it at the store. This was my first amazon purchase and when I used it, it tastes like nothing. What happened to the old formula? I went to my local drugstore to see if maybe I ordered a different product by accident but it's the same one that's in the store. I've been researching and see that biotene has changed their formula. While I was at the store, I did see another mouthwash that says it's good for dry mouth called therabreath so I bought that one and I like it MUCH better than this new version of biotene. I won't be buying this product again.

1.0 out of 5 stars no longer work dry mouth syndrom, April 6, 2014
This review is from: BIOTENE MOUTHWASH ALC FREE 33.8 OZ (Health and Beauty)
The enzymes which helped those with dry mouth are not part of the new formula.
Apparently they were too expensive for new company owners.

If you suffer from dry mouth this will not longer work it is missing the essential ingredient.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure how to rate this product, March 12, 2014
This review is from: BIOTENE MOUTHWASH ALC FREE 33.8 OZ (Health and Beauty)
There are a lot of claims on the label, but I have no way of measuring how well Biotene lives up to those claims. I do know, however, that it does help with dry mouth -- though the effect wears off rather quickly. I prefer the gel version of Biotene only because it seems to work a little bit longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, saved my driving all around town, quick delivery, great price., February 15, 2014
This review is from: BIOTENE MOUTHWASH ALC FREE 33.8 OZ (Health and Beauty)
This is a very good product. It helps me from getting up so much in the middle of the night.

3.0 out of 5 stars cheaper options!, February 14, 2014
This review is from: BIOTENE MOUTHWASH ALC FREE 33.8 OZ (Health and Beauty)
The effect lasts only about an hour longer than just drinking water. It's too bulky as it takes up too much space on the counter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for medication-related sore mouth, January 17, 2014
This review is from: BIOTENE MOUTHWASH ALC FREE 33.8 OZ (Health and Beauty)
My husband uses this religiously to not only soothe a sore/irritated mouth due to medications, but also related to a dry climate.

Does the job. Fresh taste. Clean/soothing feeling.

BIOTENE MOUTHWASH ALC FREE 33.8 OZ