5.0 out of 5 stars Really sucks out dirt & stains
Published on July 8, 2003 by Meredith Little

2.0 out of 5 stars Cleans well, but problems.
I first bought a Bissell Proheat about four years ago. Except for initally the tank washer being missing, I loved it. I loved the way it cleaned and with pets I used it all the time. When it finally started to have problems after just tons of use,I really felt I had gotten my money's worth and looked forward to getting a newer model of the same.
BUT, I brought a...
Published on March 4, 2004 by Joan

5.0 out of 5 stars Really sucks out dirt & stains, July 8, 2003
This review is from: BISSELL 79015 Proheat Plus Upright Deep Cleaner (Kitchen)
I chose this model over the less expensive models because I really wanted the Turbobrush. I am glad I did, as the Turbobrush did a great job on cleaning my stairs, couch, chair, and even my car's interior. I decided on a Bissell Proheat Plus because Proheat actually has a heater that heats the water, as opposed to the other models on the market that are just blowing hot air on the carpet and calling it "heated cleaning". To me it makes a difference. The product is definitely easier to use than it looks. It only took a few minutes to set up, read the directions, and start cleaning. My advice to everyone is make sure you vacuum the carpet thoroughly before you use this machine, otherwise you will spend a lot of time cleaning it up when you are finished. I would also recommend this model because you can put Scotchgard protection on your carpet with one of the included tools.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cleans well, but problems., March 4, 2004
Joan "Jo" (Aurora, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BISSELL 79015 Proheat Plus Upright Deep Cleaner (Kitchen)
BUT, I brought a brand new Bissell Proheat home and assembled it,and the tank leaked. It said on the box not to return it to the store, but I certainly didn't want to keep something brand new that was defective. Anyway, I took it back to the store and they kindly (Wal-Mart)exchanged it. I immediately checked the tank on the new machine before going to the trouble of assembling the whole thing and again the tank is leaking. It leaks around the footplate that is held on at the bottom of the tank with three screws.
I am really frustrated as I loved the way this machine cleaned but am getting tired of returning it. Surely Bissell can make a tank that doesn't leak. With elderly pets who have accidents,I need something NOW, so will probably look at another make of cleaner. Have I just been unlucky, or has this been a problem with these machines?

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaking Tank ALSO!!!!, March 30, 2004
This review is from: BISSELL 79015 Proheat Plus Upright Deep Cleaner (Kitchen)
The water bladder tank leaked and the brush assembly hopped. I called Bissell, they apologized and sent out another tank. The second tank arrived 10 days later, it leaked also; so I returned the cleaner where I purchased it.
The dual tank seemed a good idea until I used it. I was dumping a lot of clean hot water down the drain. It was nearly impossible to get the carpet shed/fuzz out of the tank because you cannot remove the clean water bladder. I also was not fond of the idea that the brushes did not rotate without the suction. Some spots need to be scrubbed more than others and I found that I used more cleaning solution and water than was necessary because I could not just brush the area without removing the cleaning solution.
Extremely frustrating. I am searching for a cleaner without belts and separate tanks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great cleaning, but durability needs work!, August 5, 2005
This review is from: BISSELL 79015 Proheat Plus Upright Deep Cleaner (Kitchen)
This cleaner worked great for about 2 years. (10 uses) I have three kids and one cat. Then I noticed the upright lock pedal was not working and then the next time I used it, the cleaner wouldn't spray water. (it would only suck if you poured water on the floor) I took it to a vaccuum repair center and he showed me where the problem was. He said there is a design flaw that allows the screws in the top casing to strip over time (machine too heavy) and this in turn, breaks the suction from the water tank to the valve on the base. He said it was not worth fixing and that the pumps were also common to stop working. So, I got out the Gorilla Glue and glued the top to the base and secured the screws with glue. At least for the time being, the cleaner is working again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easier to use then I thought it would be, March 9, 2004
This review is from: BISSELL 79015 Proheat Plus Upright Deep Cleaner (Kitchen)
This is an incrediable cleaner! We moved into a house with 5 year old carpet that had never been cleaned and I decided to try this instead of renting a system (it ended costing about the same!) I pulled up tons of dirt, but also big dust balls! I love the light water tank and found the whole unit even lighter to move around them my vacumm cleaner! The hand tools though didnt impress me much, as they didnt seem to have a very strong vacumm on it and left my stairs wetter then I would have liked. But otherwise, its a great unit and a great buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars This one is "buyer beware", October 13, 2005
This review is from: BISSELL 79015 Proheat Plus Upright Deep Cleaner (Kitchen)
When it was working, it did a good job, but that was not often. We bought one of these a little over a year ago, it arrived badly mis-assembled and not working. They shipped me a new one, then the "turbo brush" kept jamming somehow (cause never determined, by us or service tech) and breaking the belts. I live in Atlanta, and I was able to find all of one place that actually has replacement belts, despite the cleaner being availible in almost any big box store in town. And this place charged about 4X what Bissel charges off their web site. Then the heater died. Meanwhile, it was a constant fight to get it to spray cleaning fluid. Then the trigger for the spray broke off somewhere deep in the innards. Then, finally, 30 days after the warranty expired, the motor quit. Its now gone, and we've replaced it with another brand, which at least worked out of the box.
A further note-this model has a rotating brush powered by the same motor as provides vacuum. Seems like a good idea, but does not work so well. It is mounted on a loose hinge that lets it down when the machine is in use, there is no weight behind it, so it just sits on the top of the carpet and tickles it a little. We tried out a Hoover model, and its brushes work far better-they seem to have some of the weight of the machine holding them down. Also, the one we ended up getting has what appears to be the same model motor as this Bissell (same manufacturer and appearance, cannot see the model number without pulling it apart), but no rotating brush, and the suction is far better. May not be related, but if you want a powered brush, may want to think about one with its own dedicated motor. We certainly have found that makes a huge difference with regular vacuums. Makes me wonder if the failed motor was due to all the problems we had with the brush?

3.0 out of 5 stars Cleans great, but breaks down frequently., April 30, 2004
This review is from: BISSELL 79015 Proheat Plus Upright Deep Cleaner (Kitchen)
I love how well this machine cleans. We have two dogs and three cats and the Bissell gets the carpets spotless, but the water pumpt breaks down every six months or so. Other people have said the same thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but still need Stanley Steamer, August 3, 2005
Jen "buckeyevets" (Cleveland, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BISSELL 79015 Proheat Plus Upright Deep Cleaner (Kitchen)
Works well for in-between cleanings and stains. Definitely much more affordable than having carpets professionally cleaned three times a year like I need to with all my pets! However, the water container does leak a fair amount when full of clean water--it's not a huge problem, but it does make a bit of a mess. I am really glad I bought this--I clean my carpets at least once a month now that I have it, but I will still have them professionally steam cleaned yearly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dirt monster!, February 25, 2004
This review is from: BISSELL 79015 Proheat Plus Upright Deep Cleaner (Kitchen)
Did a fantastic job of extracting the deep dirt that I didn't know was in our carpets. Easy to use, set-up & take apart to fill with water & solution. Comes with some great attachments & brushes.