5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Effective in Picking Up Pet Hair and Dust
Must-have features:
- Suction power. Great suction power.
- Lift-off feature. For use on stairs.
- Bagless.
- Dedicated on-off switch for brush. To vacuum wood floor without brush.
- Brush automatically turns off when unit is at upright position. Save brush and carpet wear-and-tear when using attachments.
- Furniture protection...
Published on November 5, 2009 by Jimmy K

The manufacturer commented on the review below
2.0 out of 5 stars Great suction, Poor bagless feature design
We bought this vacuum a few months ago and the suction is great for cleaning up after our Lab, but recently when we try and empty the collection bin the "inner cyclone" (yellow part) falls out, or even falls before we take it out and makes it so that we have to use a butter knife to push it up in order to remove the collection bin.

It seems that the gap between...
Published on August 16, 2010 by Huckleberry

‹ Previous | 117 18 1934 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Filled the bill, August 29, 2013
This review is from: BISSELL Lift-Off Multi-Cyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum, 89Q9 (Kitchen)
This is a great machine as long as it is kept clean. If the filters get clogged up the performance of the vacuum degrades significantly. The vacuum is fairly heavy so I would not purchase if looking for something to do lite work. The removable canister is a wonderful feature, especially since the power cord is so long.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR A LIGHTWEIGHT, August 22, 2013
J. Sirmans "Nona" (St. Simons Island, GA) - See all my reviews
If I had known about how heavy this vacuum cleaner is, probably would have ordered another model. I ordered this because of the LiftOff.
O, well!

3.0 out of 5 stars its heavey, July 23, 2013
This is working great for the stairs. I live in a tri level so I have a lot of stairs . The vacuum itself is too heavy for me​

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Goldens and a Fat Cat, July 21, 2013
Yes we are crazy with all these furry animals and thats why we have this vacuum...... it is just the best at getting up all the hair..... I vacuum EVERY day and always fill the vac..... it is very easy to clean.... I even wash it out every so often....I also like the way the cord wraps up and has an easy lever to release the cord.... this is very good value for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this vacuum!, July 8, 2013
This vacuum has made me NOT dread vacuuming. The detachable canister is amazing for stairs and using the hose behind furniture. Even with the canister attached to the vacuum itself, it is not that heavy. I do with that the canister was larger so I didn't have to empty it as often, but otherwise I love this vacuum. Definitely recommend it, especially for pet owners. It comes with an attachment to brush your dog, too.

4.0 out of 5 stars decent, July 6, 2013
I was going to come on here and write a bad review. I've had this vacuum for two years. We bought it when we bought our sheltie. It took me coming on here to learn how to actually clean it good. I was getting really frustrated with it because when I would vacuum, my dogs hair would get stuff in the cyclone container and it would be super hard to get out. I had no idea that the cyclone container would twist right out for an easy clean. After reading the reviews I went and tried it. It twisted right out. Super easy. Now I can get back to enjoying the vacuum. It does suck up the pet hair and dust really well. It's also lasted us a lot longer than our first vacuum. I really want to thank everyone who wrote down, how to clean that part. It was a big help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely worth the money!, June 23, 2013
My husband and I received one of these as a gift several years ago. It lasted about 7 years before it finally broke. And even then it was a broken piece of plastic that happened due to rough housing from the kids. It still continued to function but was difficult to maneuver after the piece broke. We replaced it with a cheaper Bissell that just wasn't the same.

Recently we purchased this one again and we have been so happy with the results! It even came with a special dog brush that sucks up all the loose fur as you brush your dog! The upholstery component is fantastic. Love it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, June 22, 2013
ML775 (Midwest, USA) - See all my reviews
After researching and trying out several vacuums I learned there is no perfect machine that will make vacuuming fun for me. Yet this makes the task easier and less frustrating than some other vacuums. The lift-off feature is great for stairs and hard to reach places but it will tip over if set on the floor when cleaning underbeds.
The suction is great on rugs, bare floors and through the tools..
The dirt cup holds a lot but emptying it before it's full keeps things working better. The cup and filters are easy to remove and clean/replace.
After only a few uses I had to re-tighten the one screw that holds the handle on. Hopefully that won't become a recurring problem.
This vacuum is not light but it's not tiring to push around and can more easily be carried up and down stairs in two trips, if needed --- by detaching the lift-off part first.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 years old, still going, June 11, 2013
As I was vacuuming today I realized I've had this thing for 10 years, so it's probably time to write a review! Actually mine is green, but as far as I can tell from the product description and the other reviews, this is the same one. I vacuum a couple times a week downstairs, and less often upstairs. This vacuum has travelled back and forth across the country with us and honestly still works like it is new. I do take the whole thing apart and clean all the filters about once a month. One time about 5 years ago I though the vacuum was at the end of it's life and needed replacing, it turns out I had just never noticed one of the filters. I wash the spongey filters in the sink with soap and water and lay them out to dry completely. I have many times been in a hurry and dried the filter with my hairdryer, that works well. The inner components are easiest to clean if I leave them dry and brush the dust off with a dry toothbrush. Sometimes I was the hard plastic parts with soap and water, sometimes just wipe with a Clorox wipe. The hepa filter I have not ever replaced, I just take it outside and whack it on the fence a few times to clear the dust. If I feel ambitious I spray it with Lysol and leave in the sun to dry. If all that cleaning of a cleaning tool sounds like a pain, well it can be but you don't have to do it every time you vacuum or anything. A few times a year would probably be enough for most people. I know my model of this vacuum is really old and I can't say anything about the quality of the new ones, but sometimes it's nice to know how an old one has held up over time too. Someday my vacuum will stop working and when it does I will replace it with as close to the same one as I can get.

3.0 out of 5 stars popcorn, June 2, 2013
This machine is really quite heavy which disappointed me quite a bit.
I'm not sure yet about it's ability to pick up. It does have a variety of levels and I like the ability to shut off the brushes. Unfortunately we have freeze carpeting which is proving to be almost impossible to vacuum completely. It seems everything gets caught down deep and I step on sharp popcorn kernels even immediately after vacuuming.

‹ Previous | 117 18 1934 | Next ›