5.0 out of 5 stars How Did I Live Without This Thing???
Published on July 20, 2006 by KarenFan

1.0 out of 5 stars Ehhh. Better off using a real broom.
I purchased this little sweeper because the reviews here and on consumer Reports were pretty good. The unit was very easy to assemble and doesn't take up as much room as the others. It also holds a nice charge.
Here's the phooey part:
Published on June 26, 2007 by A. Marcos

5.0 out of 5 stars How Did I Live Without This Thing???, July 20, 2006
I purchased this handy sweeper from Sears because I wanted something to pick up after the kids and our pets without having to lug the big vacuum out all the time just to clean up small messes. I was initially skeptical at first, but I knew I would be able to return it to Sears if I wasn't entirely satisfied. The setup and assembly was very quick. Just screw the wands together, attach it to the base, then charge it up. The first charge needs a full 16 hours to condition the batteries, thereafter the unit only needs 12 hours to recharge. I couldn't believe what this thing picked up. Everything from cat hair, litter, crumbs, and just about everything else that manages to find its way to the floor and carpet. Of course, sweepers aren't meant for big, hefty jobs, or for deep cleaning your carpets(this is a job for your vacuum), but they sure come in handy for in-between cleanups of small spills and messes. However, it's important to remember that sweepers are *NOT* vacuums. They have NO suction. They are designed to "sweep" the surface of your carpet and floors for quick, light pick-ups. That being said, I've been completely let down by Dustbusters and all those other "handvacs" that really didn't do anything but make a bunch of noise and lose their power after about 10 minutes of use. After using this, I figure I should only need to thoroughly vacuum once or twice a week now, instead of the usual everyday vacuuming that I used to do...

Bissell has designed a real winner here. I'm just curious to see how long the unit and the batteries will last. For some reason, they're still using old NiCad technology here, which is famous for developing the "memory effect" that renders them all but useless after about a year or so. The manual also says the batteries are NOT replaceable and must be disposed of when the unit has reached its useful life... The sweeper has a one(1)year warranty, so we'll see how that works out. For now, I'm extremely pleased with this purchase, and would recommend this to anyone who needs a sweeper or simply wants a quick fix for lugging the main vacuum out all the time. Excellent product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for smooth, wood floors; mediocre for tile floors, September 11, 2006
Sheryl MIller "Full time Mom" (College Station, TX United States) - See all my reviews
We bought the sweeper based on its Consumer Reports rating and were a bit disappointed. We have three types of hard floors in our home: Pergo, tile with shallow grout, and tile with deep grout. The sweeper is perfect on the Pergo, okay on the tile with shallow grout, and only so-so on the tile with deep grout. The suction is not strong enough to pick up the dirt in the deep grout.

Regardless of the floor type, long hair gets wrapped around the rotating bristles and must be cleaned by hand.

On a positive note, the profile of the cleaner is very short, making it a breeze to get under overhanging cabinets, beds, etc.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ehhh. Better off using a real broom., June 26, 2007
Here's the phooey part:
1. The side brushes stopped working after the 1st day. After they stopped working, the side brushes started hoarding the dirt rather than feeding it into the sweeper. Prior to my purchase, I was under the assumption that the side brushes were powered by the sweeper...but it really operates on a push\pull system. As you push the sweeper...the brushes rotate. On my second day, I was pushing and it was no longer moving.
2. The dirt bin\catcher is too small and difficult to clean. I purchased this unit specifically for sweeping up dog hair. It picks up most of the stuff I go over (NOT ALL)...and when I go to empty it out...I have to pull out the dirt with my hands. It doesn't empty out easily. SO ANNNOYING!
The dirt compartment opening is so narrow and small...just emptying it becomes a headache.

Bottom line is....cleaning it can be very annoying...especially if you're using it for dog hair. And if the side brushes worked..I would've given it a better review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight dynamo does it all!, November 3, 2006
Mary McDevitt (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This little time-saver does everything. Bare floors, carpets, stairs...don't know how I lived without it.

It lasts an hour on a full charge and is so lightweight it easily goes from floor to floor cleaning every room in the house! I have 3 cats and a long-haired dog and this sweeper picks up everything from pet hair, dry pet food, kitty litter, etc. I'm so happy to finally have found something that actually does what it claims!

It's not a vacuum so don't expecty a deep carpet cleaning but it's great for a quick pick-up. I'll never go back to a broom again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy little sweeper, how long will it last?, March 10, 2006
I got this sweeper at Kohls for about $31.00. That included a 10% off discount for a new credit card account and 15% off for a special promotion. The bissell performs well and passed my homemade tests. It picked up black pepper very well along with cheerios, bird seed,potting soil and coffee. I recomend to use this mainly on hard surfaces such as wood and tile. When I tried to use it on short pile carpeting, the little rubber fin on the bottom kept coming off when I went in reverse with the unit. It seems like it kept catching on the fibers. The dust bin is fairly large which means you do not have to be constantly emptying it. The unit is made from plastic and I do not know if it will last for the long haul. Time will tell. Overall, it is fun to use, like a kid's toy and I feel it's worth 30.00.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not happy with this sweeper, February 6, 2005
This review is from: BISSELL Perfect Sweep Turbo Powered Triple Brush Sweeper, 2880B (Kitchen)
Pros: Lite-weight, easy to use, long battery life.

Cons: Cat hair gets wrapped up into the coils and is difficult to clean out. Does not pick up all of the dirt and hair. Spits some of the dirt back out when you pull it backwards. When you press the off button, dirt comes out of it. I will not buy this sweeper again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so great..., April 28, 2005
Emily (Cincinnati, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
I have had this sweeper for several months and like others, it's main purpose was to keep my kitchen floor, laundry room, and basement floors clean. Well, it does pick up larger debris best, but when you go for picking up hair, dust and dirt, it blows a lot of it around, not to mention, I noticed that the entire sweeper itself becomes COVERED in dust. Don't buy this sweeper if tou expect it to "suck" things up. It provides NO suction but a motorized brush roll that spins and rolls things up into the dust cup. I recommend this for occasional use for spills like cereal, rice, etc. As far as being a tool to "clean" your floors, you will be quite disappointed. In fact I only use this now to clean my laundry room area and basement floors to pick up debris so it doesn't get tracked in my upstairs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sweeper for Floors and Rugs, February 28, 2006
This is the first time I bought a sweeper and it was surprisingly effective on both floors and rugs. The sweeper picked up crumbs and dust on tile and hardwood floors. It also worked well on rugs but probably will not pick up pet hair. The sweeper holds charge well and will run up to 60 minutes on a full charge. The corner brushes will sweep close to baseboards but is not electrically powered. The dustpan can hold enough dirt and debris for about 10 to 15 ninutes of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cordless Sweeper out there!, August 7, 2007
Medha (Stamford, CT) - See all my reviews
I purchased both the Shark (both models) and the Swiffer before buying this one. Hated to spend even more money on yet another cordless sweeper but swore to my husband it would be the last one. Alas! It is! Not only does it work wonderfully on hardwood floors, but we've just moved into a medium-pile carpeted place and it works wonderfully for those quick pickups when I don't want to pull out the big vaccum (or for when the in laws call from 2 blocks away and I need to tidy up quickly!)
The charge holds for a decent amount of time and I love how small it is to easily fit under furniture, cabinets, etc.
It's quiet enough to use while infants are sleeping and is extremely light if you need to carry it up and down stairs.
The only negative I've experienced is that on hardwood floor surfaces, the very edges and corners are missed with this machine. But, as I figure it... if people are visiting long enough to inspect my floor edges and corners... they've overstayed their welcome!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sweeper for crumbs and dirt!, July 31, 2006
We have had this sweeper for about 6 months and use it a couple times a week for about 5-10 minutes each time. It works great for picking up food crumbs, like cheerios, crackers, etc., left by our 2 year old. Picks up dried playdough very well of our kitchen tile and dirt off the foyer. Doesn't work so well for caked it foods on carpet.

We have had a thin rubber gasket fall off that I haven't been able to reattach, but it doesn't seem to have affected performance.