5.0 out of 5 stars A little workhorse: Simple to use; gets the job done fast
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:09 Mins
My video review says it all, but in a nutshell:

* Light-weight, easy to move about the house
* Just add hot water and 2-ounces of the included cleaner
* Really gets the carpet clean -- works as good as the large grocery-store rental units

There are only two minor things I'd add to this product if I could:
*...
Published on August 31, 2012 by Mr. Deeds

3.0 out of 5 stars Hose split open
Published 12 months ago by Conrad

5.0 out of 5 stars A little workhorse: Simple to use; gets the job done fast, August 31, 2012
This review is from: BISSELL SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner, 3624 (Misc.)
Length:: 2:09 Mins

My video review says it all, but in a nutshell:

* Light-weight, easy to move about the house
* Just add hot water and 2-ounces of the included cleaner

There are only two minor things I'd add to this product if I could:
* Wheels (though it is not too heavy, wheels would allow you to tackle a bigger stain faster)
* A retractable power cord. However, the cord is long, which is very convenient.

This is the perfect product for pet owners, parents -- and clumsy people like myself. :-)
It would also be ideal for restaurants and stores with carpets for fast clean-ups.

If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments section. Hope this review has helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the SpotBot!, December 4, 2013
R. Gibson (Portland, Oregon USA) - See all my reviews
We used to have a Bissell SpotBot, and used it frequently, due to two young children constantly making messes. However, after the first few uses, we stopped using the automated feature of the SpotBot, because it uses a TON of shampoo, and cleaning up spills and stains with the hand tool took a fraction of the time anyway.

The SpotClean Pro has a more compact footprint than the SpotBot, which is nice for storage. It also has more suction, which seems to do a better job of sucking all of the solution out of the carpet or upholstery, so everything dries faster. This also means that it should suck more of the stains out.

I also much prefer the hose storage of the SpotClean Pro, compared to the SpotBot, which required wrapping the hose around the base of the unit, which inevitably caused tangles with the cord while trying to put it away.

One of my favorite features though is the ability to thoroughly clean the recovery tank. The recovery tank on the SpotBot got NASTY...and there is no way to clean it out, because the only way to get to the inside is through the dump hole in the bottom. On the SpotClean Pro, the whole lid comes off, and there aren't really any nooks or crannies for gunk to hide in. Also, both the solution storage tank and the recovery tanks are MUCH larger than on the SpotBot, so you can get more cleaned with fewer trips to the bathroom to dump and refill.

I do have a couple complaints about this unit though...it's rather heavy to lug around, and it's so loud that I have started wearing ear plugs while cleaning spots to prevent hearing damage. If you can get beyond that though, it gets an A+ for performance.

General comment on carpet shampooing: Carpet shampoo attracts dirt, which causes stains. Use half of the manufacturer's recommended concentration of shampoo and you should notice less recurring stains, with little or no loss of cleaning power. Better yet, do a rinse step after shampooing to remove the shampoo from the carpet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Little Machine, March 14, 2013
I purchased the Bissell Spot Clean Pro to clean my microfiber upholstery, and also to clean small spots on the carpet. I have two cats, so I need something to clean up their occasional messes. I found the unit easy to use, and easy to clean after use. It took me a little time to figure out the best way to clean without drenching the area, but once I did I found it did the job well. I have cleaned the upholstery before with a spray bottle and Shop-Vac, but the Spot Clean Pro is much easier to use, and it removed the moisture almost as well as the Shop-Vac.

I read some reviews that said the Spot Clean Pro was noisy. I didn't think it was any louder than my vacuum cleaner so I decided to test it. I have a Radio Shack sound lever meter so I did an unscientific measurement of the decibel levels. All measurements were done at 3' from each machine, one reading taken with the machine sitting on carpet, and the other reading on tile flooring. The Spot Clean Pro measured 82 db on carpet and 95 db on tile. My Eureka MightyMite canister vacuum was 81 on carpet and 90 on tile. My 8-gallon wet/dry Shop-Vac was 90 on carpet and 93 on tile. The Spot Clean Pro is a little louder that my vacuum cleaner, but way more convenient than the noisy, bulky Shop-Vac.

Overall I am very pleased with this machine. I found the 22' power cord and 5' flex hose long enough for me to reach everything easily. The only issue I had was that there is only one fill line marked on the clean water tank, and since I only used half the cleaning solution I had to find a place to store the leftover fluid, or throw it away. It would be nice if Bissell had a half-full mark on the clean water tank so you could mix enough solution for small jobs. Since the clean water tank holds 96 ounces, I measured 48 ounces of water and marked a line on my tank to make it easier next time. Other than this one small issue, I like the machine a lot and would highly recommend it to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine, August 14, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Bissell's Spot Clean Pro Portable Deep Cleaner, 3624 is a great little machine to have around for every day spills, tracked in mud, pet accidents, and whatever many ways carpets and rugs get dirty. Even filled with liquid, it's fairly lightweight to easily tote around the house or to the car, with a rather lengthy 22-foot cord that's more than adequate for my apartment. With no assembly needed, the machine comes ready to use with two tools and an eight ounce trial-sized bottle of 2X Professional Deep Cleaning Formula with Scotchgard Protector, and with only about two capfuls per tank, it has been more than enough with how much usage I've gotten out of this cleaner in the little time I've had it. A full tank can clean quite a lot, which I've taken to only filling it one-fourth or half full and sometimes that's still too much. A little goes a long way. So far I've used this machine on a sofa and its cushions, a chair, pillows, and carpet where my cats have left me "presents" and it has worked very nicely. I've yet to try it on the upholstery in my car, which would be the true test of its power. My only complaints are in how it sprays, which takes some getting used to if not used on carpet or a rug, especially in trying to cover the area without soaking it, and I feel like it could have a little more suction-power. But then again, maybe I'm expecting miracles. Cleaning the machine can be quite the chore, though dumping the dirty water tank is quite easy. They recommend suctioning up clean water to clear the hose, which I do, while I also have to turn over the machine to get any extra water out of it, as it appears the formula and clean water tank leaves a puddle behind plus the inner workings of the machine can hold leftover water. Since it's better if the Bissell is put away dry, I have to wait until these numerous items (tool[s], tanks/lids, hose) are dry, which can be burdensome. However, I am really happy with this Bissell and I'm willing to put up with quite a lot if a product works well, which this one does. Hey, it even managed to save a pillow that was the victim of a ceiling collapse where wet insulation soaked it. If this hadn't worked, that pillow would be in a landfill right now. So I'd recommend this little machine, it doesn't take up much space and is handy to have around for any messes that may occur.

Pros:
- easy to use, such as filling with water and formula, attaching/detaching tools, and general cleaning
- long flex hose (5 feet)
- two attachments included (3" tough stain tool and 6" stair tool), plus there are more available on Amazon or at Bissell's site
- 22' power cord (that's in feet NOT inches)
- 8 oz. formula included is plenty to try out the machine and should last quite a while depending on how much cleaning there is
- not too heavy even with either of the water tanks filled
- easily portable with a carry handle
- no assembly required
- user's guide is actually helpful. I've gotten other manuals where they tell me everything I already know and nothing I need to know, but this was not the case here. I made sure I read this thoroughly before ever using the machine and I recommend everyone does, as it let me know how I should use the cleaner properly.
- fair price for quality of product and how well it works
- limited 2-year warranty

Cons:
- the machine is a bit of a menace to clean (see full review for more details)
- spraying takes some practice, but only if using on something other than carpet or a rug
- could have a little more suction to it

4.0 out of 5 stars Very compact in size. Cleaning results may vary depending on what you're trying to clean, August 15, 2012
Length:: 4:55 Mins

The Bissell Spot Clean Pro Portable Deep Cleaner is a compact sized little machine that is easily transportable and reasonably easy to use. I'm not convinced it's the best choice for cleaning carpet and upholstery at this price point however. It gets high marks for portability but it's cleaning prowess leaves something to be desired and it is only intended for small clean-ups but certainly not for cleaning an entire room. It is truly a spot cleaner.

The unit itself is roughly the size of a basketball I suppose. The power cord is generous in length while the actual hose is just about right in length although I did think a bit more length might have been desirable... just a bit more.

Essentially there are two reservoirs, one for holding the cleaning solution, the other for holding the dirty water. Bissell provides two cleaning attachments, one is wider and intended for stairs, the other is small and intended for small stains. Also provided is a small bottle of cleaning solution. You fill, or partially fill the clean water tank with hot tap water and then add a small amount of cleaning solution to it. The cleaning solution is run through a small tube inside the hose to a nozzle at the end of the hose. A button on the handle of the hose releases the cleaning solution onto the area that you need to clean. Using either one of the provided cleaning tools, you gently brush the area to be cleaned and then use the suction of the machine to suck the dirt out of the rug or upholstery.

The suction seemed adequate and after moving the tool over the wetted area numerous time, until no more water is seen entering the hose, the cleaned area is damp to the touch, but not soaking wet.

I had mixed results using this machine on several different stains. In most cases it was possible to still see a faint remnant of stain but it was certainly a lot better than if left uncleaned. In some cases the stain or dirt was completely removed with no trace whatsoever.

The machine was somewhat noisy but it has to be somewhat noisy given its purpose. It did seem to provide adequate suction to remove the cleaning solution from the area being cleaned. I also felt that it held an adequate amount of cleaning solution given that this is intended as a spot cleaner.

Clean up of the machine is not quite as easy as you might think. Emptying the dirty water tank is easy enough but a surprising amount of carpet fibers and gunk remains in the hose and cleaning tool after use. I gave up trying to completely clean the hose and cleaning tool as it just was too difficult. I guess it doesn't have to be cleaned to a state of pristine, but if you're put off by gunk, just be forewarned that you'll have your work cut out for you to keep the hose and cleaning tools sparkling clean after using it.

There are other carpet/upholstery cleaning machines made by other companies, for instance this Hoover machine: Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge, F5914-900 that are operated more like a stand-up vacum cleaner that might be easier to use for some people since they don't require stooping down to use. And the cost is just a small amount more for that type of machine.

This Bissell Spot Clean Pro is more effective on some clean-ups and less effective on others, depending on the stain. It is certainly compact and easily moved around. Clean up can be a bit of a chore.

If you're looking for a small sized machine for occasional, small clean-up jobs, this will probably work for you. If you think you want to clean large areas or entire rooms, this is definitely not what you want. I think it's OK if a bit on the pricey side.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hose split open, September 8, 2013
Well after 9 months of moderate usage the flex hose ripped. The hose is very stiff at the end, where it split. The flex hose replacement is $42 + $10 shipping. Very disappointed because it worked very nicely up until the hose split open. Will be adding a picture to the images. This would have easily been a 5 star product but it has been less than a year and the hose split, not happy.

UPDATE 09/10/13: Product is still under warranty. WIll be taking it to an authorized Bissell service center soon. Will update after that.
Randy

5.0 out of 5 stars The little cleaner that (mostly) could ..., October 7, 2012
WryGuy2 (Out On Life's Journey) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a large upright carpet cleaner that does a good job of cleaning carpets, but it's a chore to get it out, get it set up, and to get it cleaned afterwards. And while it has attachments for upholstery and spot cleaning, it doesn't do quite as good of a job as it does on carpets. So, I thought that a portable spot cleaner might be what I'm looking for these types of chores, and decided to give this cleaner, the BISSELL Spot Clean Pro Portable Deep Cleaner a try. Below are my pro's and con's for this deep cleaner.

Pros:
- Ergonomics! I was very impressed at how well it all fit together. From the hose "reel" to the unit's space-saving size to the twist-out way you secure the power cord, it all fits together well. I even like how it looks ... like a small robot. :-)
- Water/cleaning fluid capacity. You can handle a large job without having to run back and refill. The flip side of this is that the unit can get heavy when fully loaded, but you don't have to fill the water tank up all the way if you don't want to.
- It did a good job on most stains, and did a better job on upholstery than my larger unit.
- It comes with two cleaning heads ... a wider one and a narrower one, so you can choose the one that better fits your job.
- The power cord is very long, helpful for jobs like moving around the room to clean several chairs without having to unplug/replug.
- The suction (to pull water into the waste tank) is good.

Cons:
- It's noisy when you're sitting next to it. It probably has to be in order to generate sufficient suction, but consider ear-plugs if you're sensitive to louder noises.
- My larger carpet cleaner does a better job on toughest stains on the carpet. Some of this is a function of how much elbow grease you're willing to expend with the Bissell, but the powered brushes on the big units will do a better job with less effort. And if you have something really icky/sticky on your furniture or carpeted stairs, consider pre-treating for better results.

Other impressions that aren't a pro or a con:
- Although the hose length is adequate, another three feet or so would have been nice.
- It was easier to set up and easier to clean than my large carpet cleaner, but not by as much as I was hoping. It is considerably easier to move around and to store, though.
- You do get your money's worth here, but if you don't already have a carpet cleaner, I'd recommend you spend just a little more money and get a large upright carpet cleaner, as this unit wasn't designed to clean entire carpets. It could, but it would take you a lot longer.

Overall, this is a great unit. It did a very good job on my chairs and couches, and on several recent stains on my carpet, including some chocolate ice cream dropped by my five year old while I was first using this cleaner. (I don't know how a girl so graceful can also occasionally be so clumsy!) It won't replace your upright cleaner, but that's not its goal. Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars HUGE improvement on the previous model, May 1, 2013
First, let me say that my wife and I love this model. Stop reading reviews and buy it already.
Trust me, any criticism is nit picky. This is a superior machine.

If you're still reading ... My wife and I USED to have a Little Green cleaner. It worked well enough. The two things I didn't like about were that it was too small, and over time the dirty water tank became disgusting! (Because of the previous model's narrow openings there was no way to clean it. As a result, it started to smell.)

Fast forward to the Bissell Spot Clean Pro. What a difference! It has a giant capacity, and the dirty water tank is big and open for easy cleaning. The top even comes off! And it is shaped in such a way that you can really get in there with your hand and clean it out.

So, to recap ... great capacity, easy cleaning. Oh, yeah. And it cleans well, too.

Can't beat it. Solid little machine.

Jim in Lenexa, KS

Thank you!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Keep Looking, November 7, 2013
I'm familiar with carpet cleaners, owning a house full of dogs. This one has a tiny slit in the hand tool for suction, and no matter how firmly you press, or how low the carpet pile, it leaves half of the sprayed liquid behind. (I measured comparing clean water dispensed to dirty water collected) The items being cleaned are left sopping wet, in other words. I sooo wanted this to work, but it's going back.

5.0 out of 5 stars yack, barf, upchuck, fur balls, dogs potty training, sick kids..., January 9, 2013
You know the scene. I paper towel blotted these "gifts" and saved several of them for a week until I received the Bissell. What directions? Very easy to remove and fill the fresh water tank, lift out by the handle. Fill to the line and add a cap of cleaner, done. No heavy smell to the cleaner. (I was concerned about that because the cats and I hate harsh smells.) Spray, Suck up the liquid and the spots come with it. THE GOOD: Easy to use, (our cats could almost clean their messes themselves, but as they explained to me...they don't have opposible thumbs).The bristles are very stiff and do a good job of losening the set in stains. The 3" wide tool sprays approximately a 5" wide spray, the 6" tool almost an 8" wide spray. They both spray down, behind the tool, not out ahead or in front of the tool as do some spray floor mops. The flex hose is long enough so you don't have to keep repositioning the unit as you clean. The cord is longer than on any other appliance I've seen. THE BAD: No wheels. But wait...I fixed that. I got a small square of plywood, attached 4 casters (wheels, from the hardware store), and placed the unit on top. I was tempted to pull the unit by the flex hose, but not a good idea even though it is very securely attached to the cleaner. I tied a long piece of cloth to the handle, and I found some of that rubbery non slip drawer liner to put under the unit. No it's not that heavy at all, but I've had neck surgery and I'm not supposed to lift more than 10 lbs. The unit seems a little over that, but not by much. THE UGLY: The dirty water tank when you're finished cleaning! Easy to remove by flipping the handle over and lifting the tank out. Very easy to rinse out, and very satisfying to see how much dirt etc. you removed from your carpet, couch, bedspread, laundry room rug, and area rugs. Rinse out the hose and suction gate now and then, and it's all good.

Rate and Discover Movies