5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect cordless carpet cleaner for pets
I bought the Bissell SpotLifter 2X to replace an older Bissell model that finally wore out after 5 years. We have 3 indoor cats that frequently soil our rugs and carpeting, so a quick and easy carpet cleaner is a must. The old version worked well, but this model works even better.

The suction is much improved, and this model cleans our rugs and carpet much...
Published on February 17, 2008 by Terry R. Nye

3.0 out of 5 stars A great tool with some unfortunate issues
This one replaced our original spot lifter bought in 2002. The old model was a little smaller and had a little less suction. The new one now is bigger, heavier and has more suction, but it is not better.

Published on July 25, 2006 by Cheap-n-Easy

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect cordless carpet cleaner for pets, February 17, 2008
This review is from: BISSELL SpotLifter 2X Portable Deep Carpet Cleaner, 1719 (Kitchen)

The suction is much improved, and this model cleans our rugs and carpet much better than its previous version. Battery life is excellent -- we have used this cleaner several times over the past few weeks and still have yet to recharge the battery (the instructions recommend recharging only after the battery runs down to maximize battery life). The cleaning solution is readily available at places like Target and inexpensive. It is easy to empty the collection chamber after cleaning.

If you want a simple, affordable, rechargeable, cordless spot carpet cleaner, this is the one to buy. If the SpotLifter 2X lasts even half as long as the one it replaces it will have been a very good investment. I would not hesitate to buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bissell:the quicker, picker-upper, August 2, 2006
C. Holt "love renewed" (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
First off, I bought this at Target for $40 before I read these reviews. So I am going to comment on the previous reviews.

1. This is not a whole room cleaner like Hoover Steamvac, so don't expect the same thing (but I will make comparisons).

2. Water does spit out of the motor vents WHEN the dirty water container is full (which is less than an inch in this thing). Remember this is for spots!

3. No, there isn't alot of water that comes up from the carpet because there's not alot of soap being sprayed out of the sprayer. And most of it is in bubble form.

4. Yes, the dirty water container does need to be pulled off (and on) at an angle. I have a dustbuster, so I'm used to the "angle" thing.

5. Don't expect suction like a Hoover Steamvac (which is plugged into the wall) from this machine (which is battery operated).

6. I haven't had any problems with the rubber seals on my machine.

7. Sometimes this thing may not pull up ALL the spots. How many products have we all tried to get the most stubborn stain out? My husband and I found $40 is worth trying to get the stains out. And if that doesn't do it, there's always elbow-grease. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars A great tool with some unfortunate issues, July 25, 2006

First, the unit spits sucked up fluid from the motor air vents apparently sucking cleaning solution through the liquid trap in the canister and into the engine. This does not damage anything, but if you clean up house pet messes, you don't want some of that stuff come shooting out of the air vents, right?

Further, the canister is difficult to attach and you have to get it angled just right to snap into position. Oterhwise it will not go in.

It surprises me that Bissel has gone backwards in functionality of this great tool. The original unit we had was great, functioned great and none of the problems this new unit has. They are also clearly engineering or design flaws that were not present in the older model.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, July 1, 2006
Okay, I went to the store to buy another brands spot scrubber...but they had none in stock and this was my option and I was just too rushed to go to another store. I got home and looked this one up to see what others had said before I even opened the box...because at this point I was disappointed in myself for not getting the one that I had researched and had wanted. There were two reviews here, one good and one bad. So I figured I should write a review also. This little thing is great! Its so small and light and NO CORD...to those who are looking for a carpet cleaner...this is not it, its a spot cleaner...get something large...but be warned...it is in your best interest to empty the water from ANY carpet cleaner after using it..large, small, van sized...carpet cleaner waste water gets more rancid than a port-a-potty on the 4th of July in the south...so the changing the water complaint...i just dont get...and any cleaner must be emptied and refilled often...both the waste water and clean water holders came off and back on easily. just read the directions. my only complaint is that the brush itself does not move or go in circles, its just still. But I used it today on my steps after charging it like the directions said...and it worked great. I have a big carpet cleaner...i hate pulling it out for little things and frankly its heavy and an pain to lug up the steps...i have very little carpet left in my house...just the steps, a bedroom and 2 walk in closets...this thing fits my needs perfectly. Its not like your purchasing a 400$ machine...its 40$...and it works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Engine That Does!, October 30, 2007
I was leary of buying anything portable that only ran for a few minutes at a time. I had multiple stains in my auto upholstery and figured I would need to make two jobs over two days to get the seats clean. However the Bissell made short work of the stains! It is very easy to manuever and fill. It lifted and cleaned the stains immediately. The Little Green cleaner solution works very efficiently in the Spotlifter. I wish I had bought one of these years ago. It also cleans up a pet stains very well. The Bissell Pet Stain and Odor Remover is the best solution on the market. I would definitely recommend this machine for small jobs and stains. I totally cleaned 4 car seats in less than 15 minutes. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, May 6, 2007
Some of the reviews of this product were not so great, but I can help but wonder if the people who wrote them were trying to shampoo their entire house. I got a new puppy and we all know what happens. This machine was to replace the old one. The hard plastic broke. The machine still worked fine otherwise. This one was even better and more powerful. It has not run out of juice once when I have been using it. (It stays plugged in between uses.) Great for small clean ups!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for spots and spills!, November 1, 2005
Molly "Molly" (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
This spotlifter is a great product! It worked so well at removing stains in my car and on my stairs! It was not only easy to use buy required no assembly and I didn't even have to read the directions! This is a great product to have around the house becuase spills happen all the time at my house with kids and pets! I am really glad I bought this product and would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of buying one!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT WORTH your money, May 18, 2011
After reading multiple reviews for a few different machines, I decided to go with this one because none of the machines seemed to have fantastic reviews and this machine was cheaper than the rest. Well I REALLY wish I had saved my money!
-It takes 24 hours to charge completely (So says the manual but it doesn't have a light or any indicator to tell you when it is fully charged), it lasts 15 minutes- FIFTEEN MINUTES people- before it has to be charged again. This is not enough time for me to do all 6 of my dining room table chairs.
-The water sprayer is not impressive. I don't know if I just got a defective machine or if they are all lousy, but mine spurts out water inconsistently sometimes drenching my furniture/rug and sometimes leaking out only a few water droplets.
-It is terribly DIFFICULT to clean out all the dirty water when you are done with it. TERRIBLY difficult. The dirty water tank is full of nooks and crannies for dirty water to pool in and you can't place the tank at any angle to let the water drain out. You can shake it and set it in the sun to dry out but I just think it is a poor design.
-It doesn't suck water out very well and my stains come out easier if I just scrub them with elbow grease.

I am rather disappointed in this machine. I might not feel so bad if it only cost me 10 dollars but it definitely wasn't worth 40+shipping. Save up for a higher quality machine or use a rag+stain remover+elbow grease and you will save a lot of money and frustration!

3.0 out of 5 stars Spotlifter 2X portable Deep Cleaner Carpet Cleaner, July 4, 2007
This little cleaner is super if you have a new puppy you are trying to housebreak. The bad things about it are as follows: In order to get the dirty water tank off you have to have a case knife to pry the tank as you push the button. The dirty water tank is a trick....if you are not careful the dirty water will pour out of the tank where you dont think about it coming out...it will pour out and not from the place you are supposed to empty it....so you better be careful when you dump it. Otherwise it is very handy to clean up pee messes, you can suck up the pee and spray the cleaner and suck it up for a cleanup. It is very compact and very handy even with its faults. I would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doggie clean ups are easy to do., November 21, 2005
We are in the process of housebreaking our Jack Russel terrier. And boy is that a job. When our dog has an accident I get the spotlifter by Bissel and clean up spots and stains right away.

Rate and Discover Movies