5.0 out of 5 stars End of evolution for carry belts
Published on November 11, 2011 by Huckleberry

I bought this belt for evaluation purposes. Here are my findings:
The overall visual quality appears to be very good.
No loose threads, proper lock stitching, etc.

Published 12 months ago by homeowner, N. CA

5.0 out of 5 stars End of evolution for carry belts, November 11, 2011
Having completely destroyed over a dozen leather belts over the years, finally decided to try a web alternative, and now I feel a little stupid for waiting so long. This belt will very likely outlive you. Add it to the list of items in your will, leave it to someone who will use it every day and it will probably outlive them too. It is tough. It is substantial. There is no 'foolin around' with this belt - your pants (and your holster) are STAYING on your hip - period. God forbid you get it caught on a train or something, because you will tear in half before the belt does.

Yes - it's a little on the big and heavy side. Yes - it's too wide to wear with dress slacks. Yes - it takes a day or so to break it in and get it flexible enough to adjust easily. Yes - it's obviously a weapons-grade piece of gear - not much stealth to it. And Yes - you will have to remove it for TSA - the steel is hard and thick.

Great with jeans, BDUs, operator gear and even most duty quality 'docker' type pants (5.11, etc.). Unusable with dress slacks in any fashion, so detectives look elsewhere, but beats the tar out of a doubled duty belt, and carries twice as much more comfortably. No more holster flopping over letting your weapon hit the deck or toilet when nature calls. No more trying to yank up your drawers after a sprint (ever wonder why most belts seem to slip DOWN so easily, but are so darn hard to pull back UP?). No more getting pinched because one hole was just a tad loose and the next was just a tad too tight. No more broken buckle arm during a tumble or scuffle - it's NOT going to happen. IWB, OWB - whatever; your weapon is STAYING with you.

If, every waking hour of every day, you need to carry a weapon or gear, don't have to wear dress slacks, and care more about durability and getting the job done than 'fashion', this will be the last belt you ever buy. I personally think it looks fine (my wife dissents), and when I think about how well it does it's job, it gets as pretty and sexy as a plain but 'healthy' girl at closing time. If you regularly read GQ or shop at Barney's this probably isn't your belt - for the rest of us - it is absolutely, simply perfect for what it does.

Just sayin.

Would I trust my life to a belt? Not until recently, but now, no problem - as long as it was this belt. No surprises, no excuses, no "ifs ands or buts" - that's my kind of gear.

5.0 out of 5 stars The belt for batman ? When he's off duty I mean, August 22, 2011
Kyle (Here and there) - See all my reviews
I've always wanted it... Ever since I saw people wearing this, instead of the $3 sand riggers belt sold at military clothing. It was more than I could handle at first. It's SOLID and fairly weighty for a belt, but it will get the job done. Even odd jobs; I'm sure you could secure this to a vehicle and tow it. Possibly. Drop leg holsters hang effortlessly from it. If we ever crashed, and csar came for us, this and a last ditch bungee strap would definitely make sure I didn't fall out of the helicopter. Belt sizes are a little finicky. Overall an amazing belt, that will probably outlast you.

Pros:
Extreme tensile strength
Parachute grade buckles that you can feel the strength of
Velcro (who doesn't LOVE velcro ? Seriously... If you don't, you'll hate military uniforms and militaria)

Cons:
Velcro adds some noise to taking this thing off. Hampers the covert take off ability of this batman accessory

Bottom line:
If you like shooting, get it. If you're getting deployed, get it. If you want to prove me wrong on this review, don't get it. You will fail

4.0 out of 5 stars Small, May 8, 2011
Belt seems to be of good quality, although the small says it goes to size 34, I would go to the next size up if you are 32 or larger.

2.0 out of 5 stars Marked "Made in USA", but has SUBSTANDARD, KOREAN made buckles., February 14, 2014
I bought this belt for evaluation purposes. Here are my findings:
The overall visual quality appears to be very good.
No loose threads, proper lock stitching, etc.

This belt would be suitable for COSTUME and UTILITY use for normal civilian wear, but should be marked, " NOT FOR RESCUE, CLIMBING, LAW ENFORCEMENT, OR MILITARY USE! DOES NOT MEET MILITARY STANDARDS!"

HOWEVER, IT DOES NOT MEET MILITARY STANDARDS!!!!!

Item is labeled "MADE IN USA" on tag and, "M USA," on size tag. It is not marked, "Assembled In USA from Foreign Materials."
The webbing, hook and loop material, tags and thread is of unknown origin.
THE BUCKLES ARE MADE IN SOUTH KOREA

BUCKLES: FOREIGN MADE, NOT TO MIL STD or PIAA STD! The buckles are each marked with a "PS" code, which stands for "Parachute Standard." That means that they are required to meet PIAA standards, which were derived from, "MS" military standards. These buckles are required to be made of 4340 steel, tempered to RC 38-42. Buckles were submitted for testing at local, DOD approved heat treatment shop.
Adjuster buckle: Marked, "PS22040-2DF0412" Manufactured by Daesung Forge, South Korea. Material: Forged, unidentified carbon steel. (4340 required). RC3 where RC 38-42 required. FAILS STANDARDS!
V buckle: Marked, "PS22020-2DF 0512" Manufactured by Daesung Forge, South Korea. Material: Forged, unidentified carbon steel. (4340 required). RC5 where RC 38-42 required. FAILS STANDARDS!

4.0 out of 5 stars watch the size, July 23, 2012
Great belt but I wear a 36 - 38 and ordered a large. The Velcro barely catches I should have ordered a medium....

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch the sizing!!!, March 28, 2013
Before ordering I made certain to read all the reviews. There was allot of discussion regarding the listed size's. It was a toss up for me with the mixed reviews. I wear 40" to 38" pants depending on the make. The medium belt showed that it would fit up to a 41" waist. But I went with the Recommended consensus that it is best to order larger than needed so I ordered the large. I was anxious to receive the order afraid that the belt would be to large, but it was perfect. I wear a full size Glock21 in an outer leather holster and with my regular gun belt my pants would always sag after normal activity. The first day out with the Blackhawk belt my pants never sagged. The only issue I have with the belt is when lapping the velcro end of the belt over after running through the buckle it is difficult to run through the belt loops of your pants. No biggy! Love the belt and would buy the product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong belt, can be used as a weapon, September 11, 2011
Jeff Aski (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BLACKHAWK! CQB/Rigger's Belt (Sports)
Length:: 1:33 Mins

I was looking for a strong belt that I could wear on video productions for live events. This belt fit the bill. I thought it might be too heavy and weigh me down, but the belt is quite light. The only heavy part is the buckle, which is very strong and can be used as a weapon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is way off, January 14, 2013
As stated in other reviews this is a great belt but the sizing is a huge disappointment. Small says it will fit up to a 34 inch waist and my son is a 32 so we ordered a small. The belt hardly wraps around the buckle and very little is in contact with the velcro. Didn't want the hassle of returning it so we kept it. Other reviewers mentioned this but I thought we could get by with a 32 waist. If your waist is within 4 inches of the advertized size get the bigger one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good belt, November 30, 2010
This belt wasn't what I was hoping for. I was wanting it to be reinforced, but it's not. This, however, turned out to be a good thing because it's more comfortable. I bought this belt for a CCH belt for an IWB and OWB holster. This belt keeps the OWB holster and what it's holding tight against the body. I currently use a Fobus paddle holster and this belt keeps it closer than the average belt you'd buy at any box store. Another reason why I like this belt is because it can adjust to any size for any reason to get the perfect, most comfortable fit, without any notch holes that you hope to line up perfectly. This is my everyday belt. It looks good on jeans and khakis with just about any type of top, besides the fishnet wife beaters that some people wear (please don't ruin the gun community with these kinds of shirts). This belt is top notch and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a strong, everyday belt.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Tough Hombre, November 27, 2012
Quality is built throughout this belt. I got both Coyote Tan and Black in Medium, as I wear a size 38" waist pant and there is approx. 5-6" of spare belt to wrap around and through the buckle end. The width of the belt also provides excellent support and comfort as it does not allow the pant top to roll over as it might with narrower belts. The velcro closure means you're able to adjust the fit perfectly to you and in the field could also second as an effective tourniquet. It looks great and is the perfect place to hang your favorite ZDT (Zombie Dispatch Tool)! Well done Blackhawk!

BLACKHAWK! CQB/Rigger's Belt
BLACKHAWK! CQB/Rigger's Belt by BLACK HAWK INC.
$34.99 $16.00 - $91.40