4.0 out of 5 stars Great recoil reduction, but watch out for cheek slap
The stock works well for reducing recoil. 3.5 inch turkey loads were no problem. Practice with the stock before you use it for real. It's important to place you face far enough back from the grip area to allow the stock to compress and not get slapped in the cheek or nose by your hand or the back of the receiver.
Published 18 months ago by James H Miller

3.0 out of 5 stars great idea, cheaply executed.
The concept is quite good, the materials used to assemble the stock let down what is otherwise a
good device. sheet rock screws (?), poor quality butt plate plastic that cracked during installation are
a few of the things I noticed. I would've gladly paid a little more for a better grade of fasteners and plastic pieces.
Published 10 months ago by Dan Fuller

4.0 out of 5 stars Great recoil reduction, but watch out for cheek slap, April 30, 2013
This review is from: BLACKHAWK! KNOXX Black CompStock Shotgun Stock - Remington 870 12 Gauge (Sports)

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, picture is wrong though (Update: now corrected), September 12, 2011
Olde English 800 (Western Suburbs of Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
I haven't used the product yet but I am writing this to inform any future buyers that the item shown in the stock photo is not the same as what is to be received. You will not receive the full grip stock as depicted. As another reviewer said, you will be receiving the semi-grip stock that looks similar to, for most buyers, the original manufacturer's stock. This is what I was expecting. Installation was easy even for a person who has never done this sort of install before. Took me two hours (mostly spent looking on the internet how to reassemble the Remington 870 shotgun). Next time around, it should not take more than 15 minutes Buyers should have a Phillips screwdriver, long Flathead screwdriver, and socket wrench set with extension. I may update the review later with a correct picture and if this stock reduced the recoil of my shotgun. But as of now, it was very easy to install for a beginner but the incorrect picture gives it a one star knock off. Product is made in the USA.

[Update] 11/29/2012
Somebody responded that they finally corrected the picture. I guess I should give it five stars but there is one issue I have with the stock. There is a hole near the base of the stock to install a shoulder strap. Do not use this. It will block the spring mechanism from fully compressing from the recoil. You will have to drill another hole a few inches towards the barrel if you want to install a strap. Silly mistake on the manufacturers part that could have been easily solved. Minor issue but I keep the 4 stars.

They removed my product picture. Oh well.

5.0 out of 5 stars installed the stock with ease, April 23, 2013
Took it to the range the other day. cant feel the recoil shooting target loads. great stuff. I would buy this item again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blackhawk Knoxx CompStock, April 2, 2012
I have read other reviews of this product and was reluctant to try. I have to say I was surprised it worked so well.
Easy to install. Finding a forearm wrench was my only challenge. Ten minutes to install maybe tops. Works exactly as advertized. Half the recoil is not an exaggeration. My thumb did not strike my face as some have said. I shoot a Remington 870 mag 12ga sabot slugs with a rifled barrel for deer. Before installing this stock the gun kicked so hard I thought it blew open on its own. Now it works great. Well worth the money I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Updated Review -- Works great. Get the pistol grip model., July 20, 2011
I bought the model without the pistol grip, and am happy with the purchase. It took maybe ten minutes, tops, from start to finish. I took it to the range, and it really did cut felt recoil maybe in half (i.e., 3" magnums were not such a bear to shoot).

I did not buy the model with the pistol grip because I presently live in California, and they look at you crosseyed if you have anything that even resembles an "assault" weapon (even if it is for home defense). There are two issues:

1. Without a pistol grip, your hand grips the stock when in carry mode. When you cheek the gun to fire, you have to remember to modify your grip, so that your thumb will not smack you in the cheek when the stock spring collapses 2" (which is what reduces the recoil). I will probably stick with this model now that I have it, as in close quarters I prefer not having a pistol grip, as it makes it easier to buttstroke, but if I get one for anyone else I will probably get the pistol grip (unless they are a "buttstroke" kind of person as well).

Also, on the unit without the pistol grip, there is no place to put a sling. (There is a hole in the stock, but it is an air-escape hole.) I do not know if the pistol grip model has one. Overall, excellent purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars great idea, cheaply executed., December 20, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Would Recommend, April 16, 2014
Nice addition to my Rem 870. Greatly reduced the amount of felt recoil when shooting slugs and buckshot. Shot about 100 mixed shell loads and left the range without any shoulder pain. Nice rubber texture on the grip and comes with the forend to match. Make sure you have an extension for your socket wrench, otherwise installation can be a pain. Overall happy with the buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT as pictured, May 30, 2011
samo1078 (Los Gatos, CA) - See all my reviews
This is the composite stock not the adjustable pistol grip that is pictured. I rated it 3 stars because the product it self is fine its just not what i was looking for. I was looking for the item in the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works., January 27, 2013
Silas Longshot "McKannick" (Brooks, GA United States) - See all my reviews
After reading reviews and viewing 'youtube' video's of this stock in action I decided to 'go for it'. Bought this stock as one of the items for my 'tactical' Remington 870 shotgun I was outfitting. I don't put any extra weight on my weapons unless there is direct benefit from the add on and this stock qualifies,being only ounces heavier than the original, and the forend grip included in the deal completed the package .