Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Change

on April 17, 2013
New Blackhawk quick disconnects came in today. The design is clever, allowing the user to quickly change holsters/platforms with minimal effort. I can now switch a holster from my drop leg rig, to a belt clip, to a paddle, to a car mount in about 5 seconds. Maybe not quite as elegant as G-Code's RTI system, but very impressive, and especially handy if you're a SERPA fan like I am.

The system does add a good 1-2" in thickness to any rig, so it's not optimal for concealing.

Note: One improvement would be rotating the release clamps on the female side from the 12/6 positions to the 3/9 positions. The 12 position doesn't present a problem, but the 6 is sometimes covered by the holster itself and someone with fatter fingers than I could have even more trouble tripping the release.

Update: Ok, may have found a solution to the 12/6 trip issue. You can trip the 6 o'clock release, put pressure on the holster to rotate, and then trip the 12 o'clock release (with a little more effort). This allows the holster to pop right out. This may have been a design choice since the counter-clockwise rotation to release is natural and allows constant pressure. Regardless, it makes operation much easier and fixes the only real complaint I had.
on February 2, 2016
In the past I've bought the sets (two female and one male), just added a couple of new holsters (without belts) and needed to mount them to existing platforms.

I love the versatility of being able to use one "mount" (in my case, a shoulder holster) and just change holsters for the pistol I want to carry at the time. Beretta for a more concealed look, Springfield XD, 5 inch barrel for reaching out there farther. Magazine holders work for both weapons. Now a cross chest holster for hunting (dispatch weapon) to keep everything out of the way.

Yes, there is a bulk issue but not a real problem with shoulder carry. I personally don't think I would care for it on a belt/side carry setup. It would just push my arm out a bit farther than I would like. I don't like belt carry because it gets in the way of seat belt hook-up.
on May 4, 2016
If you like serpa holsters as much as I do, you should really look at the QD mounts... oh wait... you are...
ok so I have more serpa holsters than I can count right now and every single one that is not set up for concealed carry is fitted with one of these bad boys. I can mount whatever I want to whichever platform I choose. Leg, Vest, Car, Belt, Etc.
Be warned, these aren't the best for concealed carry as the female mount adds more than a half inch to the mount, so the holster really sticks out.
The twist lock up however is really solid, so I don't worry about losing a holster ad you have to lift on two latches and give a solid turn to dismount the platform.
on September 9, 2015
My handguns have a requirement. They must have a ""Blackhawk" Serpa holster available for them. Please, if you are fortunate to have a State that allows car carry, buy the Blackhawk Serpa mounting plate with adapters. Simply attach with screws, the female baseplate under your dash paying attention to the 6 position hex plate male adapter orientation, and screw the female portion down. My 12 firearms all work fine. In America, we drive on the right-side,remember to buy a right-hand holster for your appropriate handgun.Im a happy user.
on February 19, 2015
This gizmo works with the Blackhawk QD Kit, allowing one to add more stuff to, say, a duty belt. I used one to mount a large Kukri knife to my belt. So if you want to take a knife to a gunfight, swapping out the gun for a knife is very easy and quick. Probably stupid, too. I also have a couple guns in Serpa holsters and switching between them is quick and easy. This particular piece actually has several more holes than the 3 shown, making it even better for mounting to weird things, like Kukri knife scabbards. Sometimes mounting hole locations can't line up with the 3 shown. Well made, strong, and easy to mount & use. I pointed out a drawback to this whole QD concept in my review of the Kit (Love/Hate). I'll use this Kit, but not concealed, like I originally planned.
on February 11, 2015
My spare male connector for my Serpa holster for a Glock 42. Planned to attach this to a Serpa holster for my new H&K VP9 so I could switch between the two guns, but the P30 Serpa Holster is just enough non-fit, it won't correctly hold the VP9 (and Blackhawk recommends you get the holster designed specifically for your gun for a quality fit...I agree). So emailed Blackhawk and the said in January 2015 that they had no plans to make one for the VP9, which is proving quite popular. They may change their minds later, but for now, this male connector is a spare part.
on October 3, 2015
I love the quick disconnects they make my life much simpler. Down side is on my belt attachments and paddle you add quite a bit of width. I'd say close to an inch. But I never considered my serpa holster as a concealed holster anyway. If your buying this for concealment then your barking up the wrong tree. This was never designed for concealed carry.
on October 9, 2015
If you have multiple duty weapons like I do, and like to carry different firearms to work, this is the way to go. Fasten the female side to your duty belt holster platform (thigh rig or whatever) and fasten the male side to your Serpa level 2 or 3 holster and you're free to change your weapon load out whenever you want!! It makes it so easy!
on February 27, 2016
Great BLACKHAWK! Product, love these things. Just cant have enough of them! Put em on holsters, mag pouches, or any other serpa gear. I modded one to attach other randomness to as well. love em. Will buy more!
on June 14, 2015
This is great if you have several different holsters and one or two different belt attachments (Paddle, belt loop, etc.) I can change out my holsters on the fly very quick and the hold solid. The only complaint is that they would not work well for a CCW because they do add about a 1/2" to the width of the holster. I have them on all of my range attachments and drop leg holster. GREAT!

See 1 answered question