5.0 out of 5 stars Another gripping mystery, a fantastic series.
This is the second book in a series and it did not disappoint. Detective Jason Strong returns for another murder investigation, the book picks up where the first one left off and it's not long before he is involved in a murder investigation.

Published on August 24, 2012 by The Kindle Book Review

1.0 out of 5 stars A Silly and Shallow Story
Published 15 months ago by Fran

1.0 out of 5 stars A Silly and Shallow Story, May 14, 2013
Fran (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
Writing a Christian novel is not license to write a trite and silly book. If you have read any police procedurals you will be disappointed by this shallow and silly story. There was not even a hint of police work by the detectives. If you had a serial killer murdering hookers, wouldn't you canvass other hookers on South Press Street in San Antonio and show photos of the dead girls? If you knew the killers drove a black pickup truck, wouldn't you do a DMV search for possible matches?

The only police work in this silly story was to wait for the next dead body to show up. The author is clueless about police work and didn't bother to do any research. The dialogue among the paper cut-out characters was trite and not remotely believable. An author can avoid the "F" bomb without resorting to a Mary Poppins style dialogue. It is utterly unbelievable that detectives would engage in such trite dialogue.

The big "plot twist" is that the female detective is abducted by the serial killer. PUH-LEEZE! Even a dumb serial killer is not that dumb. Very trite and predictable, as we are warned early on that the female detective resembles the killer's victims.

This book is worthless. I wouldn't even want it as kindling to start a fire in my fireplace. You can certainly skip this one. I can only guess where the five star reviews came from.

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, January 9, 2014
This review is from: BLOODSTAIN (Det. Jason Strong(CLEAN SUSPENSE Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Decent story about a serial killer who leaves a trademark wine glass at each murder scene. Starts out with revealing who the murderer is and his motivation for killing these women, but not much more about him after that. No four-letter words that I can recall, and no sappy romances to drag down the story. Good plot and nicely paced, but the characters were mostly one-dimensional and the conversations were often quite hokey. And the clues came gift-wrapped at just the right times to save the day. Overall, I felt as if I was reading the screenplay from a 70's or 80's police drama. Good but not great. Although not very deep, it was still interesting enough that I wanted to keep reading. That being said, I more than likely will read at least another of this series, as I now know what to expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gripping mystery, a fantastic series., August 24, 2012

I reviewed the first book in the series "where's my son", I stated I needed to catch my breath as the story was fast paced and gripping, this is just as gripping and I am really enjoying following the series.

Detective Jason Strong is an interesting character and I love following his story. This book introduces his new partner Vanessa and she is equally as interesting. You can't help but love the partnership.

The parts about the investigations are the parts which keep me completely hooked, they are so in detail and intricate.

This author does a great job of keeping the reader engaged and the killers are dark characters who do not appear to show any remorse. I don't want to give too much away but this book is a must for readers who enjoy mystery stories with a dark twist.

Another 5 stars from me and I can not wait for the next in the series.

Becky Sherriff (The Kindle Book Review)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dalglish does it again!, June 4, 2012
You work with a guy for 5 years, you think you know him. Sheesh! When John first told me he was going to write a book, I thought, sure, just because your son David is finding success as an author.....yada, yada, yada. Well let me tell you, the apple and the tree are definitely both very talented. I thought the first book, Where's My Son, was very good. Bloodstain ROCKS!! John has definitely hit his stride and his writing style shows improvement. I can't wait for Book 3. So, get in their on your breaks, put your ear pods in, and get cranking. Your fans demand more!! Congrats, John!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice try...but...., January 10, 2014
A decent lil book if you can overlook typos and the simple telling of the story. The characters could have been presented better and the story could have had more "oomph" to it but you could while away a few hours with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloodstain, June 3, 2012
This is the second book I've read by this author, he does not disappoint. I can't say enough good things about this book, if you like a mystery you should give this book a try.

3.0 out of 5 stars No surprises!, September 8, 2012
This is another quick, entertaining read starring detective Jason Strong.This is strictly for fun, not deserving of five stars but, not terrible either. On the down side, I think knowing who the killer is from the beginning spoils the element of suspense and makes the ending kind of " meh" Otherwise, the story provides an hour or so of enjoyable reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner, June 3, 2012
Ann Kirihara (Spokane, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I just finished this book and had to take a minute to catch my breath. This one is the 2nd in the Det. Jason Strong series and it's as good if not better than the first one. Great suspense story. A serial killer is on the loose and his victims fit a certain profile. Too late they discover that Det. Strong's partner fits the profile so it's a race to find this guy before he kills his latest victim. This author can really tell a story and keep you glued to the end. My heart is still pounding. I can't wait till his next book comes out. Now I have to figure out how to sleep tonight. Maybe I should read a cheesy romance novel next. Nah, I do love my suspense thrillers, and this one is another winner from John Dalglish!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story, December 6, 2013
The story was pretty good but the numerous grammatical errors were very annoying. There were errors on every single page.

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, August 18, 2013
The book held my attention, and half the time I was on the edge of my seat hardly daring to turn the page for fear of what might happen next. The only suggestions I have are to do more research so that the book is more realistic - especially about the hospital scenes - , and to drag out the suspense more. It seemed that everything was just "too perfect" in how it all worked out. However, I did enjoy the book and will read more books by this author.

Rate and Discover Movies