5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Little Phone
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:00 Mins
Published on May 12, 2012 by Eric

1.0 out of 5 stars Phone gets hot
OK i purchase this phone along with another about 2 weeks ago, as i stated in my other post this worked ok but the phone got really hot when im talking on it and another thing its really low, people can hardly hear me.
Published on May 29, 2012 by Damion_iAm

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Little Phone, May 12, 2012
Eric (Portland, Oregon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BLU Q51 Red Samba JR Unlocked Quad-Band Dual SIM Phone with QWERTY Keypad, FM Radio and MP3 Player - US Warranty (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Length:: 2:00 Mins

I received this phone within a few days after ordering it and am very satisfied with my purchase. My daughter showed me how to open the back (push in and down). After inserting my T-Mobile SIM and adding 8Gigs of memory, I charged the phone and was soon up and running--the phone had no problems with my T-Mobile service. The menu system is easy to use and can be understood very quickly. With the addition of a microSD card you can download music and images from your computer to your phone, but I doubt there is much storage space built into the phone itself. If you're a big music geek, you will most likely need to add a microSD card to the phone. I don't have a data plan, so I haven't tried using the browser. I'm using one SIM card at this time, but I hope to add another when we travel to Europe this summer. Talking, texting, and downloading images are all that I've done with this phone, and thus far it has worked well. I have no complaints.

In the box:
Phone, Battery, Charging Cord (US), USB Cable, Ear Buds, Manual

I would recommend this phone to anybody who needs an affordable, basic phone.

Update: I recently discovered that the phone lock feature works only after you shut down the phone. When you turn it back on, the phone requires a password.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you need a simple, durable phone!, March 21, 2012
Zettlebug (BEAUFORT, SC, US) - See all my reviews
The BLU Q51 Red Samba JR Unlocked Quad-Band Dual SIM Phone with QWERTY Keypad, FM Radio and MP3 Player is the way to go!! I am not a big user of cell phones, but having kids, well you know the story! To put it in simple text.......A high powered Mp3 player/radio with the ability to talk and text!!! I get better reception with this phone than my over price cell phone!!!! You can't beat it and the size is good enough to put in your pocket without looking like you have chipmunk cheeks! Enjoy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Phone gets hot, May 29, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad we took this to Ethiopia, July 7, 2012
We needed an inexpensive, unlocked phone to take with us to Ethiopia, and this fit the bill. We used it constantly to communicate with friends and relatives in Ethiopia. (We were lucky to know an insider at the phone company who could cut through the long lines to get us the first SIM card! After that, it's easy to buy more time for the SIM card on the street). Left it behind for someone else to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it., June 20, 2012
No problem at all. It was inexpensive and does the job fine. For an unblocked cell phone with some nice extra features - it was a good deal. I may buy more of them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced at $30, July 7, 2012
I understand that this is an unlocked phone, but you should understand that it is running 8 year old technology on a very small screen. If you are willing to pay $50 you can find much better unlocked phones from Samsung, LG, Motorola that are new on other popular websites. While those phones are three years out of date, its better than eight years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Used from amazon warehouse, August 4, 2012
I bought a used one from amazon warehouse since there was no new phones listed when I purchased it. In the info box they described it as used-as good as new and I believe it is a used phone but still in good condition. It did not even arrive on time:( I had to wait 14days and freaked out since I thought someone stole it in the mail or something. I am waiting to see if this phone is actually in "like new" condition they mentioned. Thinking of returning it if it crashes. Horrible packaging and it was pretty nasty:(