318i, 325, 325e, 325es, 325i, 325is, 325i Convertible
The BMW 3 Series (E30) Service Manual: 1984-1990 is a comprehensive, single source of service information and specifications for BMW 3 Series (E30) cars from 1984-1990. Whether you're a professional technician or a do-it-yourself BMW owner, this manual will help you understand, maintain, and repair systems on 3 Series cars.
BMW E30 models and engines covered in this BMW repair manual:
(M10, 1.8 liter engine)
(M20, 2.7 liter engine)
(M20, 2.5 liter engine)
BMW E30 transmissions covered in this BMW repair manual:
* Getrag 240
* Getrag 260
Note: For model years 1991, 1992 and 1993 E30 6-cylinder BMWs, this manual is applicable. For model years 1991, 1992 and 1993 E30 4-cylinder BMWs, the engine and engine-related systems are not covered in this manual but the chassis/body systems are covered.
* Fundamental automotive concepts, including explanations of basic troubleshooting, safe and effective workshop practices, and tools.
* Complete preventive maintenance procedures from resetting the oil and service indicator light to the yearly brake fluid change. This manual tells you what maintenance to do, how and when to do it, and why it's important. Many of the maintenance recommendations actually exceed factory-recommended service and are designed to extend your BMW's service life.
* Comprehensive Engine Management information explains specific BMW 3-Series driveability problems, with detailed troubleshooting and repair information for these Bosch Fuel Injection and Engine Management Systems: L-Jetronic (318i), Motronic (325, 325e, 325es), and Motronic 1.1 (325i, 325is, 325i Convertible).
* Troubleshooting tips with fast, proven repair procedures used by BMW technicians and specialists.
* Hard to find service information from dealer service bulletins, such as how to replace the camshaft timing belt, sprocket and tensioner with the correct Z-127 update, and cylinder head bolt replacement on early 3 Series cars.
* Large, easy-to-read wiring schematics for major circuits.
* Procedures and specifications for rebuilding engines and manual transmissions.