Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on July 18, 2013
Love this so much! I use various sizes of straight-sided canning jars (straight sides with no shoulder are both freezer-safe and easier to clean) for dry food, the refrigerator AND the freezer. This cup insert is a super addition to the tall 1.5 pint jars (Ball Wide Mouth 24-Ounce Jars with Lids and Bands, Set of 9). Perfect for packing lunch in a single container, and I also look forward to trying it in the freezer for home-made frozen dinners. I assume the plastic is freezer-safe.

UPDATE:
So, after reading another review that complained of leaking, I conducted a little test comprised of 2 parts: 1) water in BNTO cup + empty jar bottom, and 2) empty BNTO cup + water in jar bottom. In both cases I used the same metal canning jar lid, screwed it on tightly, and shook vigorously over a dry paper towel to detect leaking.

Results: Water in BNTO cup did not leak, but water in jar DID leak a little with very vigorous shaking. In both cases, found it helped to completely dry the lid parts as well as rims of jar and cup before closing - otherwise some of that water sprinkled out, looking like leaks.

Conclusion: this product is designed for liquids in the cup but not in the jar??? Looking at the photos and video from the company, it kind of makes sense, because they all show solids in the jar - salad, granola, celery, chips, crackers, fruit. If this is intentional, they should provide use instructions. But I find no mention anywhere of this limitation on the website or packaging.

Thinking about the design...to create a seal with the jar, seems like rubber/silcone against the glass jar rim would be necessary. I also wonder about the cup's durability. I can imagine the rim getting nicked, or the round shape otherwise distorting, preventing a good seal. Time will tell!

Giving this 4 stars instead of 5 now, but I do still like it so far and will just not put liquids in the bottom part.
33 comments|132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2014
but i just use the plastic container from the single serving of dole fruit or the maderine orange for the wide mouth jars
55 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2015
As some other folks have mentioned, you can get those Mott's applesauce single-serving cups from the grocery store, eat or serve the applesauce, wash the cup, and use it the same way this product is used. It works EXACTLY the same - fits the jars and screw-on lids perfectly - and I have been doing this for months now. The idea is very cool, but $10 for a flimsy plastic cup is highway robbery, any way you slice it. The applesauce cups work amazingly well, I would try that before spending your hard-earned money on this product.

Edit to add: if you like Noosa yogurt, and they sell the single-serving cups of Noosa in four-packs in your area (I get mine at Target), those cups also work well for inserting into Mason jars, same as the Cuppow Bento cups.
on December 30, 2014
I love Cuppow items, but this one missed the mark. The plastic is too thick making the jar not close correctly. I use old fruit cups (the kind you put in your lunch for applesauce and stuff) and they fit better, are better for the environment, and are free.
on December 20, 2013
I ordered this adaptor several months ago with the idea of giving it as a gift. It did seem like a wonderful idea to put veggies and humus, etc. and be great for lunch. I am like others who say they were surprised that for almost $10 I got one plastic cup. However, I decided that the person who would get this could get lots of use from it. Today, as I was thinking about wrapping it and the wide mouth Mason jar I was including, I found one problem. The screw on lid of the Mason jar doesn't fit tight. The inside lid fit fine and seemed to adhere to the plastic but after placing the whole thing in the jar, I couldn't close it. That would defeat the purpose if the jar contents weren't securely contained as well as the cup contents. Unfortunately, I have decided to return the product.
44 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2014
There is such a thick lip on this thing, that the Ball Mason Jar lid won't fully catch to screw it down. So it's useless. Not sure why they added the extra rid around it, which makes it thicker than it needed to be, preventing the lid from being able to tighten down. Won't work. I tried it on some of my tiny ones, and it will fit those, but you wouldn't need to separate the compartment on a small Mason jar.
on February 7, 2014
I thought this was a great idea because I take my lunch every day and use Mason jars anyway. I have standard, wide mouth jars and with the added thickness of the BNTO, I can't screw on the lid. I'd return them if I hadn't already washed it and discarded the packaging.
on August 27, 2013
This canning jar adaptor is perfect for salad dressing or veggie dip! Just place your salad or sliced veggies in a jar and fill the cup your favorite dressing or dip! It is a great way to transport lunch to work!
on October 16, 2013
The description of this little cup clearly says
**BNTO by Cuppow - Canning Jar Lunchbox Adaptor - Wide Mouth **2 pack**
I take that to mean there are two of these cups in the pack, correct? No. One tiny little plastic cup.
More than 9 dollars for this one little cup is ridiculous, when you figure you pay a couple of dollars for the mason jar, which will last forever.
on December 21, 2015
Misleading advertising! When I purchased this I was lead to believe from the photographs that it was a set of 3 cups. Imagine my surprise when one cup turned up! I see they have now changed the photographs here, probably due to so many bad reviews for the item from people like me who feel ripped off. This, along with the fact that there are a many reviews complaining about leaking due to poor fitting, means that I am sending it back for a refund.