Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on December 27, 2012
I bought this series along with the other five: Series One: Beginning Readers through Series Five: Complex Words. The trouble is, I didn't open this to see where it "fit" in with respect to the series. So, we did Series 1 through 5 first, and then this one. The result was that this was way too easy for my child. Once you have finished Series Five you are effectively way beyond the level of this series. I would recommend inserting it after Series 1 or perhaps Series 2. If you go beyond those, you probably are past the point of needing this set. I have not purchased the Sight Words First Grade edition so I unfortunately cannot comment on where it fits in with the others.

All in all, though, I felt like the books were very nice. I wish I had used them earlier. Having used all five sets plus this set for my child, I can heartily recommend the BOB series of books. I tried other small book series, The Reading Lesson, and just random books to teach my children, and this is by far the most effective and enjoyable method we have used thus far. I think you will be very pleased if you purchase these.
VINE VOICEon January 27, 2012
We really appreciate the BOB books in our home. Books that my daughter, nearly 6, can read without getting too stumped or frustrated. They're probably a tad bit too easy for her, but the repetition is what counts for me and she can and will pick up these books on her own to just read. We also have level 1 books. We'll probably get most of the sets because we use them that much. I just haven't found other sets of books that are this read-able for her.

What I do not like about them are the ugly and creepy drawings. They really bother me, to an irrational point, I know. My husband is indifferent about the issue. I know something is better than nothing, but I wish I could find more quality design/drawings in books that we use this often. Overall, we really are grateful to have these books and recommend them to anyone. If I could find its literary equivalent with nicer illustrations, I would switch in a second.
on December 30, 2014
I LOVE our BOB books, my only disappointment was I saw the exact same books, sold at Costco, right after I bought these, and they were a larger size and cost less. Otherwise, we are so excited to teach our son to read these books!
on December 18, 2015
I gave this 4 stars because I think it's a bit hard for my 5 year old son the way the wording is in the first beginners book. To many new words to fast. Other than that he loves them. Perfect size for him and loves the black and white pictures. He says once he can read the book he's coloring the pages.
on January 23, 2013
My son thought the plot lines were a bit boring, but it was nice to have something he could read with his limited skills. The Bob Books systematically take the child from just a few letters and sounds through meeting each new sound and finally to reading longer words and more complicated stories. My son understood that the books were in order, gradually increasing in complexity, and he took pride in mastering each one and moving up to a new level.
on October 31, 2011
Flash cards are a great way to memorize sight words for my 5 yr old. The books are simple to read and not intimidating at all.
on March 13, 2013
A co-worker of mine told me about this series as her children had several sets when they were young. Although teenagers now, she says they STILL have vivid and fond memories of them which said a lot to me. So I ordered two sets to start and, immediately, my kindergartner was hooked. The stories are rhythmic and simple and the artwork is cute.
on August 30, 2015
The books are amaazing ans have helped my son learn to read. The first set was gifted to us and are full sized books. I didnt realize these books were mini books. Also, the second set contains a lot of books that are in th first set so we have 2 sets of a lot of the books..not sure why they makers thought that'd be a good idea...
on June 5, 2013
Nice layout similar to mac & tab, easy words to get your preschooler interested. Do check the look inside, graphics are quite simplistic to keep your little one interested enough without being too distracted.
on January 28, 2013
The whole series is great and has really been teaching my four-year old to read. She is sounding out words all the time now and I think this series does a great job of making it "easy"