5.0 out of 5 stars It works!
Published on May 17, 2012 by Mardou Fox

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me
I'm in the military and needed a product to make my bun as clean and neat as possible.This product would work good for a 'messy' bun look but that's not what I needed at all. It was hard to use, took too much time in the morning to put on, and didn't look nearly as squared away as a sock bun does. :(
Published on May 4, 2012 by A. C.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, May 17, 2012
This review is from: BONAMART ® Magic Hair Bun Sponge Maker (Misc.)
I have very long, very fine slippery hair and most gizmos designed to help put hair up in a bun or french pleat just won't work on my hair. I was very pleased with this Magic hair bun maker, however. It really works just as specified on the package--I just followed the cutely drawn instructions. I have been using it for a few days now and have found it easy to use, my hair rolls right around it without slipping, and it looks great. Only stipulation is that you may need a hairpin or two to anchor it, or it sags a bit. Not a problem for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars really good, March 31, 2012
This review is from: BONAMART ® Magic Hair Bun Sponge Maker (Misc.)
Just got it and I have been using it almost everyday, Took me a couple of trials to figure it out.
I am really happy. I have to admit I was a bit scared at first because when I received it ,it did look on the cheapo side. It's a cheap looking spongy fabric covering a bendable piece of metal with an opening in the middle...but it actually work really good! I make a high ponytail, slide it in the bun maker, slide the bun towards the end of my hair, and start rolling it up tightly towards the base of my ponytail, then I bring the sides together under my ponytail. My only wish is that it would have been great if there were hooks at the ends so no hair could escape. Then I slide some hair around to cover the bun maker and I'm done. Quick and easy updo. All I have to do is fix my bangs and tadaaaa!!! No more bad hair day! And it holds all day without touchup!
I don't think is going to last for years but I intend to use the little sucker until it turns to shreds!, then I'll just buy another one!
Another important note, I'ts difficult to cover all the bun maker where the extremities meet but I find that since it's black just like my hair it doesn't really show, but if you have light colored hair...I dunno

4.0 out of 5 stars Item is Excellent!, October 24, 2011
This review is from: BONAMART ® Magic Hair Bun Sponge Maker (Misc.)
After recieving this item I was baffled by some of its reviews. It pretty much tells me that the reviewers simply did not know how to use this product. I remember getting similar items to this one at a craft fair when I was little and have been using them for some time. The ones I bought a long time ago are getting old so I went in search of news ones. These ones are different material. I would prefer them to be cloth but the foam works just as good. It simply takes a little practice, not much though. I can keep my hair in this from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep and it never falls out. They keep your hair in place no matter what you're doing. I always excercise and hike as well. I love these and it doesnt ruin your hair or make kinks in it like a rubber band or tie would. What I actually do is if Im going out at night I take a shower in the morning and put my hair up in it while its still wet. Then I keep it in all day and by the time night comes, my hair is dry. I remove it and my hair has perfect, messy fluffy curls. I love doing that; it makes a very awesome hairdo. All in all, would prefer fabric but I still love this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars great - works just fine, February 22, 2012
This review is from: BONAMART ® Magic Hair Bun Sponge Maker (Misc.)
My hair is very long (1/2 way down my back) and I can put it all up in a bun is just a few seconds.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, May 4, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Just want i needed, April 9, 2012
This review is from: BONAMART ® Magic Hair Bun Sponge Maker (Misc.)
I've used these before-they work perfectly-however my hair's too long right now to use it properly-we're talking halfway down my back. If your hair's super long-good luck-you'll need pins to anchor this bad boy in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for thick/long hair!, December 13, 2012
This review is from: BONAMART ® Magic Hair Bun Sponge Maker (Misc.)
Don't waste your money if you have much hair. This is flimsy and won't stay in place without many bobby pins and won't hold shape. This barely works for my daughter who has thin fine hair. Still requires pins for her as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy way to get a perfect bun!, July 8, 2012
This review is from: BONAMART ® Magic Hair Bun Sponge Maker (Misc.)
This product is the easiest way I have found to get a perfect bun. I only wish I would have found this sooner as I was a ballet dance for about 20 years and this would have made putting my hair into a bun a snap! I have long, thick and layered hair and have no trouble with sponge holding all of my hair. I also love that I dont need to use a thousand bobby pins to hold it together, my bun stays perfectly intact all day long with this item. I can't believe how inexpensive this product was for how well it does what it is intended to do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't hold hair, December 28, 2012
This review is from: BONAMART ® Magic Hair Bun Sponge Maker (Misc.)
This product SUCKS! it is made out of cheap material, snapped and broke when I first got it (my hair is mid length not thick)

1.0 out of 5 stars ugh, May 6, 2014
This review is from: BONAMART ® Magic Hair Bun Sponge Maker (Misc.)
I'm not happy about this product at all. Feels gross and it came with no instructions. I have no idea how to twist my hair up.

BONAMART ® Magic Hair Bun Sponge Maker