5.0 out of 5 stars Video Review - No more battery anxiety and looks great
Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:24 Mins
I love this case. It was exactly what I was looking for. I do a lot of travel and I always kill the battery every day.
This fixes all of that.
Published on April 3, 2011 by D. Bowman

2.0 out of 5 stars Extends the battery but ruins the camera when using a flash
I won't repeat what everyone has said about how well it extends the battery, but I will comment on one thing that people have left out: how this case affects the camera.

Published on October 30, 2011 by E. Triebe

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Review - No more battery anxiety and looks great, April 3, 2011
This review is from: BOOST Case - Protective Case & Extended Battery for iPhone 4 4S (Fits All Models iPhone 4S /4) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Length:: 4:24 Mins

This fixes all of that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Battery Pack, February 23, 2011
This is easily one of the best accessories I've found for my iPhone in the last three years. The case itself is very comfortable in the hand. It doesn't add much weight or bulk to the phone at all. It has soft edges around the case so it's nice and comfortable when held against your ear. (Some other cases I have used had extremely sharp edges around the face of the phone.)

I love that the device will actually recharge my phone's battery or the phone and device batteries can be used together. I typically use the power button on the back to shut off the battery extender until my phone drops to a critical level and then activate the battery pack. When recharging, only one cable is needed instead of two separate cables.

The battery pack uses a Micro USB port to recharge. With the phone in the battery pack you can also recharge the phone with the same cable. Not only is the Micro USB port more common (almost all modern cell phones, such as Blackberry and Android, use this port). Most of the Micro USB cables I have found are considerably more robust than the iPod sync cables and they are cheaper to replace.

I mainly bought this battery pack for traveling. Now, I don't have to worry about my battery going dead because I spent too much time listening to music while at the airport. If I want to watch a video, I can now do so without concern that the battery will run out before the video ends. It's GREAT!

This device should shut the iPhone detractors up in a hurry when they whine about not being able to change batteries or swap the battery out for one with a longer charge.

I had to come back and add something else about this battery pack that I just discovered by accident. You can actually sync the phone, with the battery attached, using the included micro USB cable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Extends the battery but ruins the camera when using a flash, October 30, 2011
E. Triebe (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews

When taking a picture with the flash, there is a distinct white "smoke" that covers most of your picture that is caused by the case being too close to the flash. Take the case off and take the exact same picture and this smoke is gone. This is extremely disappointing because the quality of the camera was one of the main reasons that I purchased the phone. I'm still not sure if I'll be returning it yet but I'm definitely considering it. Battery life is important to me but it isn't worth diminishing a core strength of the product because of it.

At first I didn't realize it because I pretty much instantly put the case on the phone, but when comparing pictures to my girlfriend's iPhone I noticed hers were distinctly better.

I'm not really sure if any other cases out there are any better because it seems like they are all pretty close to the same shape/design as the BOOST case. I'm pretty disappointed and might just be switching back to a regular case that isn't going to make all my photos look bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution, March 7, 2011
I recently purchased a Verizon iPhone 4. I love the phone but was rather disappointed in the battery life. I went searching for a solution to this issue and after much research I came across this charging case. After reading the positive reviews I took the plunge. This is the perfect solution to my problem. The charging case doubles my battery life. It is lightweight, sturdy, well made and attractive. I like the fact that the case does not add much weight or size to the phone like some of the external charging batteries do. I don't know how an iPhone user can do without one. I do not feel the need to search any further for a more effective solution since this one is perfect for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Iphone 4s - roughly 55% more charge, October 26, 2011
ijcast (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
The Boost Case combines damage protection and battery back-up in a case that fits very nicely around the iPhone 4, or 4S. I have an Iphone 4S, and I am mostly satisfied with this product. But there are few things consumers should know before purchasing.

Amount of Charge:
There are two ways to use the Boost Case from my own experience. First method (this is the one that the manufacturer suggests) is to keep the Boost Case charging the Iphone constantly, until the Boost Case's battery runs out. In this manner, the Boost Case will keep the Iphone 4S at 100% charge for quite a while - often most of the day (about 7-8hrs). Only with evening approaching will I see that the Boost Case battery is drained (at which point the Iphone is relying on its own battery). So in that sense, yes, it does seem to double the life of the battery. The second way to use the Boost Case is to let the Iphone battery drain first (keeping the charger "off"). In this manner, I usually let the Iphone drain to about 20%, then I turn on the Boost Case's charger to fill it back up. Doing this fills the Iphone back to about 75%. Doing the math, that is roughly a 55% additional charge contained in the Boost Case. I've heard other Boost Case owners getting more charge, but those are the numbers in my case. (I will note, I am a modest Iphone user, I surf the web during lunch, and check email throughout the day.)

Act of Charging:
Instead of using the standard 30-pin connector, the Boost Case uses an included cable to recharge and connect to a PC/Mac. One end of the cable is a micro-USB connector that goes into the Boost Case itself, while the other end is a standard USB connector to connect to a computer. With this cable connected, synching and charging both the iPhone and the Boost Case happens simultaneously. In practice, my iPhone 4S usually ends up charging up first (from near dead). The Boost Case seems to take another 45min to charge (also from near dead).

Protection:
The Boost Case nearly doubles the thickness and weight of the iPhone. The plastic case is thickest along the width of the phone. The corners are still a bit vulnerable though, but certainly more protected than "ultralight" cases like the Incipio Feather. The front of the case is totally open, so I would suggest getting a good screen protector. I use the Powersupport Anti-glare film -which works perfectly fine.

Lasting Impressions:
If I had to do it over again, I'd get the Boost Case Plus which runs about $15-$20 more and is rated at 2200mAh, compared to 1700mAh which this "standard" Boost Case offers. I wold expect that case would get most Iphone 4s users closer, if not to 100% battery charge from near-dead. Still for under $50, this is a good deal as most battery-cases seem to run in the $70-$100 range. The weight of the unit when connected with the iPhone is definitely heavier, but at the same time it feels strangely more substantial - so I don't mind it. If you use an iPhone a lot on a daily basis and often find yourself at near-dead in the afternoon, take a look at this battery-case. It might just be what your looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product !!, February 20, 2011
I use this product and my phone never run out of battery before I get home everynight. I am a realtor, my phone is my office. the usage is quite big and long hours of using it. I like it very much

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Best, March 3, 2011
I've just got the case for a few days and waiting to give an honest review after trying it out.
Well it here goes...

"I believe (IMHO) that this case is not near perfect but PERFECT.
The feel is good, secure. The cover slips on and off easily but won't come off accidentally. Battery life is very good and it protects the iPhone 4 like an armor.

For a battery case, this is as slim as it can get. Better than those more expensive ones.

Kudos to HRL Technologies"

5.0 out of 5 stars EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!!, March 20, 2011
This is the first case I've ever had that actually extends the use of my phone, and I Love It!!! I used to have to charge my phone everyday, and now with my Boost Case, I'm charging about every 3 days. It's not big and bulky, and the texture of the case makes it very easy to hold onto...not slippery. I've dropped a couple of i phones in the past and shattered the glass, so the grip is import to me. I'm ecstatically pleased with this product, and highly recommend it to anyone who uses their phone a lot. Thank you for such great quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent iPhone case, great price, March 22, 2011
This one lives up to the hype. Great case. Doubles battery life. FYI. Not a big deal, but the on/off switch at the bottom of the case is not featured on this device. I emailed customer service, and the model they now offer simply uses the button on the back of the device doubles as the on/off switch. Simply hold down the button for 2 seconds to switch on/off. Honestly, I would have preferred the switch. But this is such a great case at a great price, I really can't complain.

One thing I didn't realize when I bought it ... the idea is to keep the case switched off until you need it. It literally acts as a charger, recharging your battery when it gets low. I thought you were supposed to leave it on all the time. Again, having the switch would be nice for this, but again ... at this price, you simply can't beat it. Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect (for me) iPhone battery-case, May 28, 2011
I travel a lot and find that my iPhone 4 battery won't endure a coast-to-coast day so I checked out the reviews for battery-cases and settled on the BOOST case. I was a little concerned about the additional bulk because I carry my iPhone in my pants pocket. Au contraire mon fraire! The case is very light and the rubbery texture makes it feel more secure in my hand. The iPhone 4 is a work of art but very slippery to hold on to.

The case adds 1700 mAH to the 1420 mAH in the phone, which means now that I can use my phone with 3G, WiFi, and GPS for a solid day before recharging. Though very light (2 oz), the case has a solid feel to it. I also appreciate the fact that I can carry fewer cables with me. Once my phone is plugged into the case, I use the included micro USB cable to charge both the case and the phone. The package claims that the case will boost reception. I can neither confirm nor deny that claim. I have the Verizon version but I understand that it will fit the AT&T version as well.

I don't often give a product 5 stars but this time I really couldn't find anything that can be improved upon.

Pros: Solid build, good value, easy to use, uses (today's) standard micro USB cable, non-slip texture.

Cons: Haven't found any yet.