Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on January 2, 2007
Bose is a great run company and in terms of marketing, research and innovation. You have to give them credit for this. How else can you get such a great sound out of a small product. (I'm referring to the Bose 16 Acoustimass series2). I'm an audio specialist and have come to realize that there are many different kinds of hearing as there are many different kinds of audio equipment products. Some people are hard of hearing while others can hear the drop of a pin. It's a matter of preference, just like the preference of color versus the preferance of taste. Balance is the key. You can take poor products and make them sound good and you can take good products and make them sound bad. Only you can make that decision on what is good for you. My preferance is running a Pioneer VSX2016AV amp with a Yamaha center speaker, Yamaha Sub and 2 Bose 301 fronts. I also have the Bose Acoustimass 16 hooked up with an external preamp to this configuration and the sound will truly amaze you. I can honestly recommend Bose speakers. As for the component section I'm a little disappointed in Bose. The new products they make need to be updated as some of the internal technologies within the amplifiers are a little behind the times. HDMI, CD, surround sound, and progressive technologies are lacking to keep up with industry standards. But for speakers you can't go wrong.
on March 8, 2010
When I bought these, there was some amount of apprehension (based on the negative reviews on Bose peppering these websites) that they would not perform well. I am glad to report that I am fully satisfied with their performance and would definitely consider the Acoustimass 16, if I were buying again. I watch a lot of Bluray movies on my 58" Plasma TV, and the sound (when the source material is good) is just amazing. The speakers are tiny and small and very unobtrusive and I truly love that aspect. I linked these up via a Denon receiver and onto my PS3 (functioning as a Bluray player) and the TV, via HDMI.

Fully satisfied with the purchase and would recommend these !
on May 29, 2006
With bose speakers and speaker systems, you must have the right amplification otherwise you do not get what you think you paid for. I have listened to and owned Bose products for nearly 30 years. I drive them with (predominantly) high end Pioneer Intergrated Amp/Receivers (7.1/DTS). For those out there that felt cheated or let down, shame on all of you Plebes for not doing your research.

I am currently running a Pionner VSX 915S (7.1) with an Acoustimass 16 (modified with and additional Bose VCS-10 Center Speaker - modified routing getting 7.1 coverage from a 6.1 system) in my Living roon with an additional setup in my Entertainment room. Ya get out of it what you put into it!
on December 22, 2005
Read the reviews, know the facts. Please dont waste your money. There are wayyyyyy better speakers on the market that sound better than these for way under half the price.

This was the worst mistake I ever made. I fell for the trap; pulled in by the Bose name, the Bose popularity. These sound like regular speakers when I first listened to them. I tried them in my home, then happened to visit a friends house to listen to his Infinity Speakers. Harmon Kardon reciever. He laughed in my face and I was furious. I returned these the next day; I wish I could have destroyed them but I wanted my money back.

Then I did some research and found that quote "No Highs No Lows"...ya know. Im not alone. There are lots of people out there who know the truth. Most people who buy Bose speakers have never listened to another system beside them or listened in a store. They say theyre awesome when theyve never compared them to anything else. These speakers are made of miniscule material, they have PAPER drivers, and they have no REAL SUBWOOFER. They have this acousticrap module that simulated low freqencies. Its all midrange, hence the quote^^.

I ended up buying a Logitech X-5500 digital 5.1 set. Oh my gawd, theyre awesome, and i found them for half the retail price. My livingroom shakes the heavens and sounds just a pristine. I bought an AMC theater! There is also something that needs to be resolved....

WHY ARE MY LOGITECHS THX CERTIFIED AND NONE OF BOSE'S PRODUCTS???

YES NO BOSE PRODUCT IS THX CERTIFIED...

I wonder why??? These bose supporters are quite mislead, and do u notice they have to turn the system up to hear everything?
on December 12, 2005
Pros:HIGH END CUBE SATELLITE SPEAKERS AND POWERFUL BASS. PERFECT FOR SURROUND SYSTEM. CLARITY AND POWER SPEAKS OUT FOR THESE SPEAKER

Cons:THE SUBWOOFER MODULE IS TOO LONG BUT IT IS OK...

Full user opinion

BEFORE I BOUGHT THESE SPEAKERS I MADE A LOT OF RESEARCH AND I NOTICED MOST OF THE FEEDBACK FROM OTHER USERS WERE NEGATIVE. FOR ME IT WAS A 5 STAR/A+/NOTHING BEATS BOSE. I WENT TO ONE OF THE BOSE OUTLET STORE AND TRY TO CHECK WHAT CAN THESE SYSTEM GIVE AND I WAS AMAZED OF THE QUALITY OF SOUND. ACTUALLY, I PLANNED TO BUY ACOUSTIMASS 10 SERIES 3 DUE TO $$$ BUT I FOUND A GOOD DEAL ONLINE FOR ONLY $900 SHIPPING INCLUDED(NOT ON EBAY). I PAIRED THESE SYSTEM WITH ONKYO TX-SR602.

SOUND QUALITY:5 STAR