4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely
Nice shoe, just got a pair and so far, I enjoy wearing them.

Main disappointment was finding out after I bought them that they are made in China. I sincerely hope I won't regret getting them especially as it relates to quality. @ 200 bucks, I was hoping to get a real Italian product.
Published 15 months ago by WokG

3.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and fairly comfortable, but of terrible quality
Giving these shoes 3 stars was tough ... I wish I had the option of two and a half starts, because these shoes get a 5 on style/looks/comfort as well as the leather quality and wear resistance of the top portions of the shoes. However they get a 0 on quality of the heel and sole.

About me and my shoe wear;

For the past 10 years my go to shoe has...
Published on April 26, 2012 by J. Shepherd

3.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and fairly comfortable, but of terrible quality, April 26, 2012
This review is from: BOSS Black by Hugo Boss Men's Chesterfield Slip-On (Apparel)

About me and my shoe wear;

For the past 10 years my go to shoe has been a black, square toed loafer. I have 2-3 pairs at a time and I've gone through probably 20 pairs of Kenneth Cole (always buy KC New York, not KC Reaction ... it's the equivalent of Banana Republic vs. Old Navy ... same company, distinctly different fit/finish/style/quality). Generally 1 of my 2-3 pairs gets significantly more use as I normally have 1 dress pair that I wear to work 3-4 days a week and the other pairs are more casual that I'll wear to work one day and usually once or twice over the weekend. A quality pair of Kenneth Cole New York shoes goes for $100-150 through Amazon and they've never done me wrong. One day I came across the Boss Black Chesterfield while searching online and I liked it enough to go try a pair on at Nordstrom to see if it was worth the $200 price tag. I loved the look, fit, and feel, so I bought a pair and they became my "daily driver" so to speak ... so take that into account when reading my review, because they do get a lot of use.

Pros:

- The shoes look fantastic, fitting nicely between most shoes that are either too squared off and too pointy.
- The leather has a smooth finish, as I prefer from a dressier loafer and they have little to no visible grain.
- They are quite comfortable compared to similar leather soled loafers and I've got a ton of compliments.
- The leather sides and top of the shoe have worn incredibly little since purchase, especially considering the infrequency at which I lazily polish them. The upper portion of the back where your heel typically wears the finish off a lesser quality shoe is still nice and black and has only slightly dulled from a full year's worth of 4-5 days weekly use. Even the insole has held up impeccably well.
- Plus ... who doesn't love the embossed "Boss" logo on the tongue that says, "Hey look, I have nicer shoes than you do."

Unfortunately, the cons absolutely kill this shoe for me ... to the point where I'll never buy a pair of Hugo Boss shoes again.

Cons:

- Within only a month, albeit of frequent use, the heel on one shoe started to peel apart. Yes, I could just get some shoe-goo and seal it back up, but I paid $200 for these shoes ... I shouldn't have to do that so quick.
- Within 2 to 3 months of use, the bottom portion of the leather sole had worn to the point of exposing the stitching underneath the surface ... a year later, they are all but gone, so clearly the sole also has glue holding it in place
- Within 2 to 3 months of use, the incredibly thin sole had worn through at the balls of my feet on the big toe side. I attached some pictures to this listing, so see for yourself. At that point, short of resoling a pair of nearly new $200 shoes, these were annexed to being a dry-weather only shoe, otherwise my feet got soaked.
- Shortly after 3 months of use, the sole was worn so thin across the balls of me feet for all toes that I could push my fingers on the bottom of the shoe and it would flex in about 1/4" and I could clearly feel it on my feet. At that point, even the most minor pebble on the street would hurt my feet and I was forced to get them re-soled.

Were it not for the issues with the heel and soles, I'd be sticking with this shoe and others from Hugo Boss in the future. Given the price, the build quality of the bottom of the shoes is absolutely terrible and I'll never buy from them again. I'm going back to Kenneth Cole and would strongly suggest you do the same... unless you plan on wearing these shoes 3-4 time a year.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, February 4, 2011
Disappointed with product as the Seller states in the description that these shoes are Italian Made. They are actually made in China. After numerous emails to Seller they tell me 95% of Hugo Boss shoes are made in China. Of course this is another lie. 90% of Boss shoes are actually made in Italy. The description has still not been changed for this product so BE AWARE!!!
I asked to return these shoes and I was told I have to pay to send them back. After arguing I was told to send them back and Hottest Footwear would reimburse my costs. I have decided to keep the shoes only after reading other reviews about this campany. If you are waiting on a refund, keep waiting as they do not pay.
First and last time I will use this company and most likely Amazon!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Country of Origin, October 29, 2012
it is written in the description that this is an italian product. What i got is a pair of shoes made in china

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, April 11, 2013
Nice shoe, just got a pair and so far, I enjoy wearing them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shoe, December 14, 2012
This is a nice shoe from Hugo Boss! The only complain I have it's that's not true to it's size. I normally wear 91/2 with all Hugo Boss shoes before and this one fits a little tight. I would get a 1/2 inch bigger to be safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars I swear by these shoes but a few caveats., May 14, 2014
R. Raya "Alex" (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I have bought 3 pairs of these shoes, 2 in black and 1 in brown, and they are absolutely wonderful to wear, but a few things to keep in mind for these in particular:

1. Made in China. May or may not be a big deal.
2. The shoes take quite a long time to wear in. After a while the shoes will conform to your feet if sized appropriately, however the sole is a bit thicker compared to other dress shoes, and the leather may crimp more than expected upon initial wearing. After the shoe wears in, fit is fantastic.
3. The sole bottom is a wooden finish, and a leather protector must be put on by a cobbler or the shoe will wear all the way out in 3 months if you walk a lot (thus why I bought 2 black pairs, to replace the first pair which I could have gotten repaired but those had had some water seepage and I wanted a fresh pair). With a good leather layer on the sole bottom this shoe can last forever, the quality is good with a thick sole and also a well-layered heel (a full inch), but these shoes will not last as purchased. A good rubber protector will be 40-$50 extra depending on who you take the shoes too.

Since HUGO BOSS no longer makes these shoes and my last pairs had to be bought from a third-party, I am disappointed that these no longer retail, however they are great shoes. They may not quite match up to a high-end pair (my favorite dress shoe is a Ferragamo, of course), but they come close for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars great shoe!, April 29, 2014
this is a high quality shoe I have worn them for already over a year (not every day) and they still look very nice, they are all leather and I just like them I rate this a 5 star product because there are not many good shoes out there on a fair price like this

3.0 out of 5 stars High hopes, March 22, 2014
James Greenwold (Chippewa Falls, WI United States) - See all my reviews
Bought them. And they were too small. Then ordered replacements. They were still too tight. I bought the stretches which broke. So I took them to the shoe doctor and he stretch them more. But I still can't wear them for more than a couple hours.. Maybe one more time to the shoe doctor.

3.0 out of 5 stars looks great but the size is too small, December 31, 2013
this shoes is looks great! The leather is very soft and the craft is great. but the size .......i am wearing 8.5 ecco shoes and i buy this with 9M us size, it is still to small!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Leather on top right shoe bunched up and uncomfortable to wear, September 12, 2013
Shoes came on time as ordered, but when I put them on, leather on the top of right shoe bunched up and was uncomfortable to wear. I have another pair of these exact same shoes that I purchased at Nordstrom Rack, and they fit perfectly so not sure why these shoes did not fit perfectly.

Rate and Discover Movies