5.0 out of 5 stars A Must HAve for your tool belt+++++
I got the complete set for a commerical job...great investment,smooth cuts& 4snips for Any angle you need to cut.I am very impressed.Top notch quality
Published on April 1, 2011 by Alaska Construction

3.0 out of 5 stars eh...
Published 11 months ago by Minneapolis Mike

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must HAve for your tool belt+++++, April 1, 2011
This review is from: BOSTITCH 14-252 9-Inch Aviation Snips Bull Dog (Tools & Home Improvement)

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes cutting tin like cutting butter!, October 18, 2011
I had NO idea how bad the tin snips I was using actually were until I tried these snips. Wow, what a difference. I use snips for flashing-grade tin (or thinner) and just wanted something I could use to cut small openings with. These are absolute fantastic. Nice heft and seem very, very sharp. The blades are short which make it easy to cut a small rectangle inside a piece of tin (after making a starter hole with an awl).

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels alright, January 31, 2012
I am a normal home DIY guy, so I am not using this daily. I used to have these cheap sheer from job-alot, for anyone who doesn't know, it pretty much don't expect anything out of them and be surprise if it work type shop. After cutting feet after feet of aluminium to wrap all my trims. I decided I should get something that isn't going to land me in the hospital with a half sever finger. I looked at these, and also looked at wiss and few other ones that had really good review, but I decided to buy these because these are going to end up sitting in my tool box 99% of this things life, and I didn't want to pay that much more for something that is going to sit around.

When I got it, it felt very different from the cheap shears. Have some weight to it, and of course it cut much easier and straighter. The handling of these are fair the same as the cheaper version, but the handle is more comfortable. I think these shears for the amount of work I am going to put it through, will last my life time, so I am happy with the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars These are great nippers but not good for longer cuts., July 28, 2013
I was installing steel siding, both horizontal and vertical board & batten style, and these snips were great for starting a cut in the thicker overlapping edges because of the additional cutting leverage these provide. However, I was disappointed that making a longer cut was pretty difficult... these snips only cut 3/4"... and I ended up using my yellow handled aviation snips which cut about 1-1/2". You can use these for cutting across a siding piece but for the vertical sheets I had some long cuts for windows and these will not work for that type of cut because the bills are too short. I had hoped to make quick work of all my cutting with these but I guess my expectations were too high and, once again, it's pretty much a given one pair of snips will never be all you need. The description states "Shorter blades designed especially for notching and trimming heavy stock" and that pretty much sums up how these are best used to cut. Also, I paid about thirteen bucks for these with free shipping and I don't think going much beyond that is warranted. The best part of using these is when you're cutting the edges... which is usually the part that overlaps another piece to lock them together... these snips didn't crush the pieces together like a standard snip. Get some long handled snips like the 3-piece tin snip set, with more cutting capacity, for making longer cuts or you will be cutting your thumb. They are well made, the handles are good but I went with 4-stars because it's difficult to make the second cut no matter what I was cutting... and often the second cut had to be done with another pair of snips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice snips., April 25, 2014
Jah Redd (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This tool cuts through metal like buttah. I use these things almost every day for demo work and they've held up nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars sharp tough snips, February 25, 2014
These are great so far I've only used them a couple of times but they are awesome they will cut paper and will easily cut almost anything that will fit in the jaws I've cut heavy gauge sheet metal and aluminum with no problems

3.0 out of 5 stars eh..., September 21, 2013
Minneapolis Mike (Minneapolis, MN United States) - See all my reviews
Don't see what the big deal is about these snips. They might be a bit sharper than budget snips but they have some big drawbacks. The handles open too wide making them difficult to grasp with my medium sized hand. First I have to choke up on the handle, then compress the handle and then back my hand towards the end of the handle in order to fully compress the jaw. Also, the cutting surface is way too short. I have to take many, many bites with these to do any kind of prolonged cutting. Sometimes I have to stop and rest because my hand gets too tired. These might be all right for short cuts, or delicate work, but if you have to cut anything more than a foot or two, these aren't the right choice. I wish I could still return them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of snips!, August 31, 2013
Worked just as I expected them to. They have yet to dull on me and are still as sharp as the day I got them.

5.0 out of 5 stars bull dog snips, August 16, 2013
xmonkee (HONOLULU, HI, US) - See all my reviews
I do a lot of metal snipping for my work.
With the regular snips, I had to cut multiple times before I could through the strapping.
With these bull dogs, just one snip was enough to cut through the strapping as work
The coating on these help them last longer than normal snips.
The grips are comfortable enough since they are made of hard plastic instead of the normal rubber grips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 18, 2013
Very good aviation snips.
Cuts smoothly and with less effort then some other snips i have used.
Seems to be very well made.

Rate and Discover Movies