Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on January 21, 2012
I am a Finish Carpenter of 25 years. I bought this to make my life easier when moving from unit to unit on the jobsites I work at. So far, the tool has performed excellent for me. I am shooting mostly casing trim, baseboard, toe kicks, etc. with 2" and 2.5" 15 gauge paslode nails along with paslode fuel. Works great with paslode products. Every night, I store the tool in a job box overnight. It has been cold here....average temp 10-20 degrees. I take it out in the morning, and it works every time. It is extremely light, and feels very comfortable in your hand. The battery is lithium and the charges hold up even in the overnight cold. Bostitch air guns has always been on top for their lightweight and performance. And this cordless trim gun is no different.
Comparisons:
Paslode trim guns are great also, but they have not caught up to lithium batteries yet. Their framer gun have, but no the finish guns.
DeWalt and Bosch both make finish guns that don't use any fuel at all. Just a battery. They work well, but are very heavy at 7.5 lbs. vs. the bostitch finish nailer at 4 lbs. Too much user fatigue for me, when trying to nail trim, especially on edge. Bottom line. I went with this one because of the Bostitch name, the light weight user friendly design, and the lithium battery. I am very happy with it.
1010 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2013
I've been using this gun for the past few months, and decided to review it. I've used older paslodes, but they tend to jam, this one has shot hundreds of nails so far with no problems, and it's a hundred bucks cheaper than the paslode. ******Update***** I've had this gun for 9 months now, but I'm a little disappointed. I've had it in for service once, because it started firing sporadically. I changed out the gas cartridge and still didnt help, so took it in, and they told me there was nothing wrong with it. I've found that it doesn't like to shoot straight down, such as in flooring applications or if you're building something on a workbench. Not sure if anyone else has had problems like this, I still like the gun just wish it was a little more reliable.
on March 26, 2015
I picked this gun up to have as a spare in case one of my paslodes needs cleaning. It works good so far after 2 months of use uses the same gas and nails as paslode only issue is it lacks the power that you get with a paslode. I have a lot of nails sitting proud of the work surface even with the depth fully adjusted.

****Update: Gun crapped out after a few months use. Started making horrible noises and doesnt fire anymore******
on April 17, 2013
I bought this nailer for the trim work on our main floor bathroom renovation hoping to avoid having to drag my compressor and hose into the house and work around it in the confined space of the bathroom. I have been looking at cordless nailers for a couple of years (mostly the Paslodes) but held off because of all the reviews stating the issues with jamming and misfiring. I finally saw this Bostitch at a good price and it had good reviews so I pulled the trigger (no pun intended) and bought it. When I finally got the nailer and used it, I absolutely fell in love with it. The nailer reacts as quickly as any of my pneumatic nailers do and had no problems what-so-ever driving the nails into the hardwood trim. I ended up driving a little over 500 nails on this project and another and I am yet to have a misfire or a jam. So far, so good. And the best part is not being tied to a hose and tripping all over it. I will never use a compressor again where I have to drag it out of my shop! The only issue I had was a mis-load in the gas cartridge on my first attempt. After that, smooth sailing. If you buy this product, you will not be sorry.
on January 7, 2015
I give it 4 stars instead of 5 because of the instructions. To save others a lot of heart ache regarding how to load the gas cartridge, you need to know that the "metering valve" referenced in the manual is inside the cap of the gas cartridge. Each cartridge has one and it looks nothing like the picture of the valve in the manual. You need to remove the cap, then pull the valve out and snap it onto the gas cartridge. It will seep a little bit of the gas when you snap it on, this is normal. Also, there is a small black triangle looking thing inside the cavity where you insert the cartridge in the gun. That is where you slide the valve. It will simply butt right up against this black triangle. Then close the hatch on the back, load the battery and some nails and you are good to go. I've read that instead of 1000 nails per cartridge, people are getting 700 - 800 shots, which still isn't bad, but not what is advertised. Haven't used it a lot yet, but it seems well balanced and worked great.
on January 12, 2013
i love this tool im in construction only set back wow its has a loud noise to it otherwise it got a great kick to it pound for pound its also a very light tool. I have a dewalt cordless nialeri and it is almost silent but boiught this one for the extra kick also cant beat this price unreal great tool
on November 22, 2014
As a professional carpenter it was time to buy a cordless nailer, I get tired of dragging out the compressor and hoses for small jobs. Settled on this one as it's cheaper than the Paslode, plus had a lightweight lithium ion battery. The Paslode is still a NiCad unless you get the angle nailer.

The first 2 I received were defective, even after changing out the gas they still only fired occasionally when needed to shoot a nail. And almost never when it was the first nail when I was holding the piece in exactly the right place lol.

I bought this item from Acme Tools, wanted to say their customer service is great. They worked with me to get me a nailer that worked how it was supposed to. I will update this review in the future as I've only had this gun for a week or so (about 200 nails).
I work along side with a carpenter that has the angle Paslode nailer, I will be constantly comparing them and report back.

Pros:

Reasonably priced
Decent gas pricing
lightweight
Great case with enough room for spare nails and molded plastic to hold spare gas

Cons:

Seem to have high defective rate, be sure to test it out as soon as you get it.
Gas cans don't seem to last as long as advertised.
Gas seems finicky in cold weather. but then again so am I.
on May 10, 2013
I have been a finish carpenter and stair builder for over 45 years.I bought the Stanley/Bostitch 16ga. nail gun to work along side my Paslode 16ga. nailer. To my regret I am saddened at this nail gun. It does not have nearly the power of the Paslode. I am surprised that Stanley/Bostitch would put thier name on this product.
The positives of this nailer is the lithium-ion battery, light weight, quieter than the Paslode, nice grip and balance.
Sorry,I'll stay with the American made ITW Paslode products.
on January 26, 2016
Very pleased with this nailer. Works very well and is very smart. :) Takes of bit of practice to put the cap on the gas cartridge without losing too much gas, but that is my only concern so far. Very easy to use and drives 2 inch finishing nails very well into trim or boards.
on January 21, 2015
This is awesome. Love not having to worry about my compressor and the hose anymore!

I gave it 4 stars though because of one issue... it's really loud. Makes my ears ring it's so loud. So I've been using ear protection when I use this, which is definitely a little bit of a pain. But still a great product.