4.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good!
I am in the process of replacing all my old rubber and Pvc hoses with Poly hoses and I recently received this one.

Published on February 16, 2006 by Robert Owens

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Hose Limited By Poor Quality Fittings
Published 12 months ago by Mike

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good!, February 16, 2006
Robert Owens "rdo_jeep" (Kingsland, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BOSTITCH PRO-1450 ProzHoze 1/4-Inch x 50 Premium Polyurethane Air Hose (Tools & Home Improvement)

If you have ever been in the situation where the weight of your air hose either drags your nail gun off the roof or just becomes a hassle to drag up and down a ladder or scaffolding, then you need these hoses. They are so light that you barely notice that it's there. I live in the south so the cold weather performance isn't an issue for me, but I can tell you that they are very flexible. The only complaint that I have is that when you roll it up it tends to want to twist. It may get better as it gets broken in.

5.0 out of 5 stars No trip hazards with this hose, January 18, 2012
I'd been using Hitachi 1/4" polyurethane hose. It was light and seems to be durable but it had one serious problem. It wouldn't lay flat. The Hitachi hose coiled up creating a trip hazard and constantly getting tangled up around your feet. While working in a new home I saw someone using the Bostitch ProzHoze. Just as light as the Hitachi hose I was using but it would lay flat on the floor. I can't speak for it's durability as I have not owned the ProzHoze for very long. I now only use the Hitachi hose for long runs and hook it to the compressor so it won't be around me or my feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best AIr Hose, May 8, 2012
As for most purchase I make I research them before buying. I lean towards being old school so I first started looking at rubber hoses. I had not heard of the poly hoses. When I did a search here on Amazon I found several poly hoses. The Bostich ProHoze had great reviews so I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. It has performed just as everyone says it would. It is so light it does not weigh my nail guns down like the old rubber hoses used to. It feels durable and well made. I will never use old school rubber hoses again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Air Hose, May 20, 2010
I love these 1/4" air hoses. This hose seems tougher than the Hitachi and is still very flexible. Great for roofing and siding and even delivers enough air to run my Bostitch framer.

5.0 out of 5 stars My description would likely void my warranty, December 23, 2013
N. Harrington (Boulder Creek, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This hose has seen some major use with contractors, day laborers, cats and clumsy people and it has shrugged off all of it to work time after time. No holes, no punctures, no rips, nothing. Had tools dropped on it, boards fall on it, people walking on it, tripping over it and you would never know by looking at it. It's been used with tools attached to a compressor 3 stories down while on a ladder and on scaffolding. Having such a lite weight hose was great! Used it to lower the tools and even help get them up sometimes. Never any problems. Also, i wish they could make extension cords that refused to tangle the way this does.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Hose Limited By Poor Quality Fittings, December 10, 2013
The polyurethane hose is light & flexible as advertised. However, the fittings are a very poor quality. One fitting broke in two on first use when tightened barely more than hand tight. The break area showed that the fitting was not over-stressed but is a porous “pot metal” casting indicative of the crappy metal chemistry that comes out of China. The package says “Made in U.S.A. from foreign and domestic components”. The hose is likely domestic but the unmarked fittings must be from China. I’m just glad the fitting failed before I pressurized the hose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light weight air hose, February 5, 2011
Joe MacPherson (Vershire, Vermont USA) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent hose. Very light weight it is almost as if nothing is attached to the nail gun. I just replaced some 20 year old hoses that had begun to leak air. I would have replaced them sooner if I had known this was available. I do finish carpentry and this clean enough that it will not mar completed work or other rooms that it is running through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, November 8, 2010
What a great buy! The extreme flexability and lightweight of this hose makes using any nailer much easier. When working on scaffolding you are never fighting the weight of the hose. I could not go without this hose!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Light Hose, June 24, 2009
I have this hose and a regular hose and this polyurethane air hose easily is half the weight of the standard hose. Performs as expected. I do wish air hoses came with the standard quick connects on the ends as it is annoying to have to always go and find or buy more of them. However, this seems to be common to many products in this category.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap replacement, November 16, 2013
was just looking for something replace the old & heavy 50ft rubber hose that I had been using for over 30 yr. Bought the Bostich because it cheap & got good reviews. It came tightly wound in a shrink wrapped package. Took awhile to unwind & straighten it out and it still knicks even when loosely wound.

Best thing about the hose is it's light weight. Felt like a feather compared to my old hose. However, that's a negative too because the hose is easily damaged. Accidentally dropped my impact gun on the hose and it immediately caused a blow out. Fortunately, the damage wasn't too far down the hose and I only had to cut off a couple of feet and was able to reconnect the cut hose w/the provided compression fitting.

The other "problem" was that the hose did not come with the smaller 1/4" fittings that were on my old hose. Fortunately, I had some larger fittings & adapters in my parts bag but if this is your 1st hose, you'll need to buy the larger fittings (think they're 3/8" in) thru Amazon or at your lical hardware store before you can use it.

FWIW, I think that, although they're heavier, the rubber coated hoses are more durable and do not knick as easily as this one does. Found a 50 ft rubber coated hose made by Bostich for only $25 at Walmart which I prefer over this one.