5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful stapler
Published on December 5, 2009 by "Rock Bar," trail main...

1.0 out of 5 stars broken drivers
We have owned as many as 6 of these staplers with no issues until recently. With the last 2 new ones we regularly have broken drivers. One just back from being repaired has already broken again after a few thousand shots. We are looking into buying a different brand in the future.
Published 11 months ago by carpenter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful stapler, December 5, 2009
This review is from: BOSTITCH SX1838K 18-Gauge Narrow-Crown Stapler (Tools & Home Improvement)
I bought this stapler after a disappointment with a "refurbished" older model that would drive both staples and brads. Compared to the older one, the SX1838K was easier to use in terms of putting the staples exactly where I wanted them and particularly for providing good countersinking of the fasteners. It also does not require oiling, which avoids the possibility of staining the work. I use the stapler in my home shop for cabinet making and a variety of day to day fastening needs. I found the 7/32" staple and this stapler to be something I count on and use often, usually along with glue, to get a strong, tight joint very quickly, without having the confusion of clamping up the pieces and driving a screw.

1.0 out of 5 stars broken drivers, November 8, 2013
carpenter (Southern Illinois) - See all my reviews
Update: all 4 of the staplers in my job trailer have now broken the drivers. Have used Bostitch staplers for years but the new models do not hold up. I have bought my last one. I now give it a 1 because I can't give it a zero.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gun but odd side staples, September 4, 2011
Pros:

1. oil-free

2. swivel air fitting

3. light

Cons:

1. Odd size 7/32 staple. For me, SS was important for outdoor projects, so limited choices vice 1/4" crown staples.

2. Trigger safety is awkward. Although this is partly due to the 2 function trigger. I always think safeties should be color-coded.

Wish List: I like depth setting wheels, but they ought to be indexed.

2.0 out of 5 stars good product, poor reliability, July 12, 2011
Purchased the stapler in nov 2010 to install a beadboard ceiling and trim in a small house. Stapler is now in for service for the 3rd time, after less then 5000 staples. The first time the piston jammed in the cylinder, the last 2 times the piston won't retract far enough to catch a staple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stapler, July 16, 2011
History:

I've been in the building trade all my life and have extensive experience with most tools.

Review:

This is a great stapler. Quick change trigger, quick turn depth gauge, and hook to hold it on your belt while working. It even has a built in pencil sharpener- funny, but helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool., November 7, 2010
This gun is amazing. Starting at the swivel air connection right on to the fact that it knows when it's out of staples. I'm using this guy for a 1x6 knotty pine ceiling firing 1 ˝" staples. A finishing nail in the tongue is to thin and pulls right thru.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat it...nice sale price!!, September 20, 2010
very well made, love the hook! I don't know how long 'oil less' designs live but otherwise
you can't go wrong here, esp if u buy the Eagle staples on amazon as well, no one else comes
close.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with this Stapler., November 30, 2012
I ordered this stapler new from Amazon (not a different merchant) for a remodel project. Shipping was fast with my Prime account. I went through 1000 staples in about an hour and didn't have a single jam. It's my first stapler/tool gun so I didn't know much about them before ordering.The tool seems solid and well built. Setup was easy, just adjust the staple depth and off you go. The swivel air connector is really nice. I'm looking forward to using it on my next project.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, garbage, February 4, 2014
I've been through two of these. Bought the first from Canadian Tire and the plunger broke halfway through its first soffit job. I exchanged it for a new one which leaked air past the piston right out of the box. I put it in my trailer and finished up with another stapler I had. A year later I pulled it out and realized if I held the trigger long enough, air would leak by but it would eventually shoot, then it would work for a while. Then I leant it to a buddy and the piston broke. The piston, it turns out, is made of plastic. I like bostich in general but this seems to be a lemon

3.0 out of 5 stars 18 gauge stapler, March 5, 2013
stapler worked for 5 staples and quit,i had to tear the gun down and clean the cylinder and then it has been working good so far.other than that i am happy with the stapler.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›