Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
asked by Stacy on January 21, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Hi Stacy,

I own this processor, and am also interested in whether it contains BPA, so I sent an e-mail to Cuisinart. This is the first line of the reply I got:

"Thank you for your inquiry. Lexan is the type of plastics used for Food Processors. The plastics are none [sic] BPA free."

I am guessing that this means it contains BPA.
Jonathan B. answered on March 6, 2012
Comment | 15 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Miss Baker answered on July 7, 2012
Comment | 24 of 25 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mine arrived from Amazon the second week of December 2012 and it says "BPA Free" on the outside of the box. I guess they are shipping new-stock now.
Swidgen answered on December 27, 2012
Comment | 13 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The thing is, even if a product is BPA-free, doesn't mean it's safe. They often replace BPA with BPS, which is worse. Sad but true, there is no "precautionary principle" when it comes to chemicals in our products.
Jeni Desi answered on July 22, 2013
Comments (3) | 19 of 20 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just bought a new food processor and they claim the parts are BPA free, but did not say what type of plastic the new ones are made of. Regardless, try not to put hot foods in them, as that's usually what worsens the migration of plastic outgassing.
Adam E Hayden answered on September 8, 2014
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product