BPA free? Is this product BPA free? I want to know before purchase because it will go in my daughter's mouth.
asked by Penelope O Olson on October 26, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
I was concerned about this as well so I contacted the company, and this was their response:

"Take a look at your links and on one of them you will see a very small engraving of 3 characters. It will consist of 2 letters and 1 number. I apologize in advance as the lettering is small. If the last number is a `9', `0', or `1' the links are BPA free.

Yes, our products are latex free. Any of our products manufactured in 2009 or later are also BPA free. The products will contact a small percentage of phthalates. Although contained, it is an amount approved and tested to be safe for use by baby."

I purchased these links, and the last number on them was a 0 so they are BPA free. :)
Briannabelle answered on May 2, 2011

A
votes
Checking out the manufacturer's website at http://www.brightstarts.com/p-116-lots-of-links.aspx there was no mention of it being BPA free. I'd think they would let you know for sure if it were BPA free, so I'm not buying this product.
Freida answered on November 7, 2010

A
votes
I have purchased these links and have done research whether or not these links are BPA free and my conclusion is that they are NOT. The patterned, thicker links that are shown in one of the customer pictures are not these links. Someone uploaded a picture of the Infantino Ring-A-Links under the Bright Starts Links page. Am perplexed as to how someone would not know the difference when uploading and posing much confusion to new parents and customers. The Bright Starts links are the plain, thin unpatterened links. Infantino makes a point of saying that all their toys are BPA free on their website but Bright Starts does not. Infantino links say BPA free on the package. Sassy links do not state it on the package but do state on their website that they are BPA free. Not sure why they wouldn't put it on the package as that would be a huge selling point. So in inclusion, I returned the Bright Start links for Infantino links because that way I can be sure that they are BPA free.
mimi answered on January 14, 2013

A
votes
I checked a few websites that said the manufacturer doesn't claim it's BPA free. And that when emailing them directly, their response was vague.
Katri answered on February 26, 2011

A
votes
...dang.
Cassandra M. Haviek answered on February 16, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›