Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on August 25, 2013
Although I have read many negative reviews here of a competitors product, these batteries are great for me. Last Christmas I bought a "nasty" little Canon camera with an appetite for batteries. My previous one actually operated LONGER on NiMh batteries than it did on Alkaline cells.

This latest model however, - kills alkalines just as fast as the last camera, and refuses to operate at all on NiMh batteries, crying that they are dead as soon as they are inserted. It was either return the camera, or find a viable solution. The 1.65V of these cells "satisfies its appetite for voltage" and have been going strong.

I purchased 8 cells and the BPI charger from another vendor in early January 2013 (the build quality of the charger is not very sturdy...but that's my only compaint). I hope that the NiZn technology doesn't get a bad rap unless it truly deserves it...In other words, if the competitor's product isn't holding up due to poor quality manufacturing instead of an "immature technology" - it could "give NiZn a bad name" for everyone. As for these BPI cells, I have nothing but good to report so far - I'll revise this review if and when that changes...

BTW: I also bought some LSD NiMh Cells that were manufactured by "BPI" under the brand "EMB". They too are over a year old now, and still outperform new Eneloops, Duracell Precharged, etc. delivering closer to their labelled mAh rating when I random test a cell now and then by discharging it to 0.8V, recording capacity - and at a fraction of the cost.

I felt compelled to write this review after reading all the negative reviews of a competitors NiZn product. A part of me wishes I had some of those to test, but since I am very happy with these, I don't see that happening soon...
on January 17, 2013
Very useful for my camera which would otherwise by worthless because it would complaint about low battery after about 10 pics with NiMH or alkaline batts. It also make shaver and electric toothbrush much more powerful!
on March 30, 2014
I think these are manufactured /licensed by Powergenix but I was not able to actually find any proof of it. I was looking for the actual powergenix batteries, I'm guessing BPI took over the marketing and selling for the AA product. I got these as my replacements for AA batteries I use on a daily basis as a photographer. These batteries are great. I find them price wise to be on-par with Lithium-Ion batteries. They are more powerful and faster at recharging flashes than LI batteries. I can typically get 12-15 months out of 4 sets of LI batteries but I get about 9-11 months of service of of these. That's a good trade off for the performance boost I get.
on October 21, 2014
1.65 volts means lights are brighter, motors spin faster, and everything runs like its supercharged. My sonic toothbrush and ultrasonic nebulizer will now run off rechargeable batteries, but they will not run off NiMH batteries. I've used mine for nearly a year and they still work great.
on February 8, 2013
So far, I love these batteries. Keep in mind that these batteries have a slightly higher voltage, which means you'll need to check the voltage tolerance for the device you use these in. They work well in my Wii (plus inside) remotes.

Otherwise you could end up with any number of oddly shaped paperweights.
on February 23, 2016
The first time I charged them and used them I thought - ok, it's last less than alkaline batteries but still not bad for being able to reuse them. after a couple of charges they are nearly unusable for a wireless computer mouse. some of them work and some don't. The charges last shorter and shorter the more they are charged.
on December 3, 2015
These are good batteries. The high voltage makes them particularly suited to mice, trackpad, and keyboard applications where other types of rechargeables simply don't work well. The reason for the "4" stars is that the positive terminal is not as prominent as a standard "AA" battery, and depending on the application, may cause issues. The specific application I had trouble with is with the Apple Magic Mouse. I got them to work, but only after shaving off the "wrap around" area of the label at the top of the battery. That was just enough of a change to allow the anode to touch the positive contact point. It works well now.
on April 4, 2013
This battery is the only one to use in led flash lights. Just carry two or three batteries to switch out if you really depend on an available lamp. It will also drive a 2-AA Panasonic shaver like you would not believe.
on March 7, 2016
I use them in the electronic door knobs that always go slow or not at all with regular batteries during the winter. With these the door opens fast and last me a year. I then charge them up again in the fall.
on April 13, 2015
I have several of the AA and AA batteries, and they work great. My spare charger failed after only a few uses. Bright side? I rarely buy disposables for the kids toys now (or my own!).

See 1 answered question