5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality - classic look, weight and craftsmanship.
Published on August 15, 2008 by LMY

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but be careful with Toby's Tool Shed
Published on April 5, 2010 by Shoji Kumagai

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality - classic look, weight and craftsmanship., August 15, 2008
This review is from: BRAINERD 64234 Architectural Single Duplex Wall Plate / Switch Plate / Cover (Tools & Home Improvement)
Bought single switch, double switch and duplex outlet wall plates for three rooms. Very pleased with appearance, design and craftmanship of these plates. I am certain they won't look dated any time soon. In fact, these are such fine quality materials, so classic in design and so well honed (no spurs or uneven places) that they will certainly add value to my home and present as hiqh quality heirloom pieces over time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but be careful with Toby's Tool Shed, April 5, 2010
Shoji Kumagai (Cupertino, CA USA) - See all my reviews
These wall plates are nice and adequate for the price, but I had a problem with my seller, Toby's Tool Shed. I ordered a single switch plate, but they sent me a triple switch plate instead. I had a great difficulty contacting the seller because they don't respond to emails, and keep disconnecting phone calls. It took many days and frustrating hours before they finally corrected their mistake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit and Finish ..., August 4, 2013
The "Brainerd Architectural Single Duplex Wall Plate, Satin Nickel" is an excellent, quality fixture that is reasonably priced and readily available. The satin nickel finish coordinates well with stainless steel appliances and with brushed stainless plumbing fixtures. It looks stunning when used against granite or tumbled stone backsplashes. As a switch plate for living areas, the satin nickel finish blends nicely with gray and gray-blue backgrounds; on light or pastel backgrounds, depending on the color, it is a bit more "obvious".

The fit and finish on this item is outstanding; the clear lacquer coating is smooth and has no bubbles marring the switch plate's surface appearance. The edges of the metal plate are smooth and cleanly finished.

This style blends well with traditional décor; the design is subtle enough that it can be used with more contemporary décor. Identical switch plates, in satin nickel and other finishes, are sold online and in the big box hardware stores under several other brand names - Liberty and Allen & Roth are two. Multiple configurations, except a five-toggle switch plate - are available and you should be able to find one that meets your needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the money, January 31, 2014
We replaced all the switch plates and outlet covers in our house with this line and have been very happy with the resulting look. Before they were a combination of white and cream. Even though the actual switches are still different colors, the nickel covers make it so you don't notice. It looks great and was a worthwhile upgrade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous wall plates, October 4, 2009
These are the most beautiful plates ever. They discontinued them at Lowe's but I am so lucky to have found them. I have been purchasing the entire line of this plate for my townhouse and they make a small space look elegant. I plan to purchase more because I keep find more switch plates and wall plates throughout my place.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Plate, June 5, 2014
Color me impressed.

This plate was much more than I expected. Lifting it out of the box, it had some weight to it unlike a plastic cover, which I love. It feels very durable and well made. The 'architectural' design is also very nice looking.

My electrician who put the plates on and re-wired a black receptacle also commented on how nice these plates were and where I got them.

Suggestion:
I purchases black receptacles and tried out the white plug and black plate, and the black on black. Black on Black looks much nicer

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, August 24, 2013
These switchplates are just fabulous. The color, the finish, the weight, and the design are all ultra-elegant and very expensive looking. I will buy this brand again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, quality brand, July 14, 2014
All of the Brainerd have a beautiful, quality feel and look to them. So much better than cheap plastic ones. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, July 13, 2014
Product was exactly as described! No defects or problems, recieved when promised, what you want when you order a product online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted/expected., June 8, 2014
It's a nice solid metal plate, beautiful and elegant understated design, arrived with no scratches or dings on it, fits perfectly.