4.0 out of 5 stars Not 5 stars for one reason only
After spending a lot of time in Sunglass Hut and the like trying various sunglasses on for size I eventually selected the Maui Jim Breakwall for several reasons:

1) EXTREMELY Light-weight
2) Excellent clarity
3) Looks
4) Price

Published on April 14, 2010 by Terry Goldstein

1.0 out of 5 stars Great glasses but not warrantied by MJ
I noticed that Maui Jim's website explicitly states that glasses purchased on eBay are not warrantied so I decided to call them and ask about Amazon Marketplace.

Published 16 months ago by J. Green

1.0 out of 5 stars Great glasses but not warrantied by MJ, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Maui Jim Breakwall Sunglasses - Polarized (Eyewear)

I was somewhat shocked to be told that not only were Marketplace dealers not authorized but neither is Amazon itself. So despite comments in other reviews, these and any other Maui Jim products purchased from or through Amazon do NOT have a 2-year warranty, they have none at all. I even called again and spoke to someone else to verify this.

When you consider that these are selling at or near full-pop retail I think you'd do well to either find them cheaper or, if you want the warranty, get them from an authorized dealer. Maui Jim will be happy to email you a list.

Update 11/21. The left temple came off mine as I was gently drying them around six weeks after I bought them. MJ made me send them a receipt (which I luckily had as I'd bought a pair for $135 from an authorized dealer who was having a sale). I think this underscores my statements above.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not 5 stars for one reason only, April 14, 2010

1) EXTREMELY Light-weight
2) Excellent clarity
3) Looks
4) Price

Maui Jim provides the best lens clarity in my opinion. However, I am generally partial to glass lenses. These being poly-carbonite, it leaves to be seen how well they will hold up over time. Maui Jim's can run up to $300. These were less than $115.

The only drawback (and I knew this going in) is that they feel somewhat flimsy and I get the feeling that, if you are careless with them, they can break pretty easily. Maybe that's why the call them Breakwall. :-D I do take very good care of my sunglasses, so I don't anticipate a problem. But for those of you who have a tendency not to use the case or just leave them lying around...you're asking for trouble! My guess is that the nose bridge would be easy to snap.

With all that said, I've had them for several weeks now and am 100% satisfied with my purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible customer service, May 21, 2014
These are wonderful sunglasses. They are light weight, the polarization is incredible, they cover your whole field of vision, and the list goes on.

There is however one huge flaw: the glasses are extremely prone to breaking where the frame meets the lens. Mine broke two weeks after my purchase from sunglass hut from a light fall off off the top of my head into the grass. And so began my nightmare of a repair/replacement process.

Sunglass hut initially agreed to exchange them but they could not find my purchase history (even though I provided my name and phone number at the time of purchase). I came back the very next day with my receipt only to be given a Maui Jim return box without the receipt even being looked at. I was told that they were not allowed to replace Maui Jim's because they broke too often.

So I filled out Maui Jim's online repair form, and mailed off my glasses with the sunglass hut receipt and the repair form. I did not here anything from them for TWO WEEKS! Finally I got an email saying they received the glasses and they would be returned within 10 days. While this was much longer than the advertised three day turn around, I was just happy to know when I would have my lovely glasses back. It has now been another THREE WEEKS and I have yet to receive my glasses. Upon giving them I call I was forwarded to their one repair techs voice mail.

In summery: Maui Jim has horrible customer service. I initially purchased from Maui Jim because of their "iron clad warranty." I did not, however, expect to pay a 15 dollar processing fee to repair a clearly flawed design and not have my glasses for over a month with no sign of ever getting them back. The glasses still get two stars because I love them despite how fragile they are. I am hoping I just got a lemon.

*update(05/26/14)*
I finally got my glasses back after leaving the repair tech a voice mail. I received an automated email informing me the glasses had been shipped with two day shipping. I was charged an additional 17 dollars. I still have no idea what the extra seven was for as it was not listed on the receipt but 10 dollars was listed as processing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sunglasses, September 7, 2011
I have these in the root beer shade. The clarity of the lenses is excellent and the shade is perfect, not too dark. These sunglasses really improve visibility when I am driving in the rain, and they look great on both men and women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very light and durable, October 26, 2010
JR (Saratoga, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maui Jim Breakwall Sunglasses - Polarized (Eyewear)
You can hardly feel you have these on they are so light. They fit snugly without pinching on the temples. They even stay on when I've got them tilted up on top of my head. They seem pretty durable and after dropping them a few times I'm satisfied I won't lose my investment to clumsiness. Vision quality is excellent. These are winners. I hope they don't change them or discontinue any time soon. I will stick with these for my next pair, if I ever need one.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is way better than the Ray-ban my husband had, July 21, 2013
This review is from: Maui Jim Breakwall Sunglasses - Polarized (Eyewear)
This is a pair of wonderful sunglasses! Light like nothing hanging on the nose, the legs are soft and flexible. Way much better than the Ray-ban my husband had. He just loves it and urge me to buy a pair for myself too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maui Jim Breakwall H422-26, October 30, 2013
These sunglasses are great! They are amazingly light and can take the abuse! My girlfriend wears them while running 5k's and riding her bicycle. Polarized lenses are worth the extra money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maui Jim sunglasses, May 28, 2013
Putxet (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
I love polarized sunglasses as they take away a lot of the glare. These are so nice and light that I can wear them all day and not even notice them.

5.0 out of 5 stars They make the world look like a better place..., May 8, 2014
This review is from: Maui Jim Breakwall Sunglasses - Polarized (Eyewear)
I love these sunglasses. I can't recommend them enough. They're more expensive than I'd usually be willing to pay for sunglasses, but these are so worth it. My brother bought them first. I tried his on and loved them but wasn't willing to pay up. He bought me a pair for my birthday. That was 5 years ago, and they're still in great shape. Last month, I bought my wife a pair so mine would stop disappearing. I purchased the rootbeer frame/brown lenses. They protect from the sunniest days without darkening things up too much. I love wearing them on a sunny day or while driving. They make colors appear so vibrant. Seriously, the world is so much more beautiful from behind one of these.

I've posted a picture to show how flexible the glasses are. It's impressive. Don't be fooled by the name though, these are made in Japan (not Maui or anywhere else in the States). The quality is excellent. They're super lightweight and comfortable. That said, their flexibility and weight make them hard to put on one handed. You'll see what I mean when you buy a pair ( you really should if you like the look and the price is doable).

1.0 out of 5 stars The stems..., September 25, 2014
This review is from: Maui Jim Breakwall Sunglasses - Polarized (Eyewear)
I purchased these as a gift to replace an old scratched version of what I thought was the same pair. If it was the same their quality has gone down hill... regardless - the stems were VERY flimsy, not at all what you'd expect from this price, and they didn't fit on the recipient's head the same (kind of floated, not really secure). The case is also soft, not hard like it used to be. The lenses appeared to be the same and the delivery was speedy, but I returned it right away because I didn't want to risk the chance of them breaking. I, personally, do not recommend spending that price on these glasses.