Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her  Fine Art Deals Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Shop Now DOTD

Format: Kindle EditionChange

on April 5, 2012
Breathless by Tawdra T. Kandle

My thoughts on the book Breathless by Tawdra T. Kandle can be summed up by saying this title is perfect because it did in fact leave me breathless. This is book 2 of the King series following Fearless. Tawdra effortlessly brings us back into the lives of Tas and Michael like we have never been parted. Tas is forced to let Michael go away to college although she will be in left in King to finish out her senior year of high school. Also she must part from her best friend Anne who goes away to college with her boyfriend. She feels so lonely cause she is left with Cara the crazy Reverend Pryce's daughter who is saying things in her mind that gets her upset. She has a friend in Amber who knows her secrets and that she can trust. She finds that her old science teacher Ms. Lacusta is back with a agenda that forces Tas to lie to everyone she loves the most, but will it ultimately hurt her in the end. Could the manipulation change who she is. Also starting school this year she must start school with Rafe Brooks who is a newly planted replant to King he is from the original King carnie people. What is Rafe's intentions will he help or harm Tas? I won't tell you, but you must run out and get your copy and I can tell you that you won't be disappointed. Tawdra gives a great ending to the story much like they do on a tv series. She walks you over to the cliffs edge then tells you to look down and gives you a vision of book 3 Restless, the whole time you are screaming NO, NO don't let me go I can't stop now. I for one am going to have a very hard time with the wait for Restless to see what decisions Tas will make concerning Ms. Lacosta and how that will affect her and Michael. Thank you Tawdra for giving the privilege of continuing along with you and Tas.
on June 18, 2012
In the beginning of Breathless Michael is preparing to leave and go off to college...with out Tas because she is still a senior. Neither anticipated how much it would effect their lives and relationship. It basically left Tas a zombie for days, with Michael's sister watching over her. Over the summer in an effort to be closer to Michael and make a little pocket money Tas started working at Michael's parents nursery. Working at their nursery helps her pass the time and keep busy after Michael leaves for college. Michael leaving causes a huge conflict in Tas's life. The bond they share is very strong and it is stretched VERY thin when Michael is not there on a day to day basis. Just in the first week of school Tas is stalked by her friend's crazy preacher father, blackmailed by her teacher who maybe a witch, hit on by a a hot new boy and lied to Michael. Phew! Tas then begins to have "dreams" of Nell, one of the teenage girls that made her life a living hell her junior year. Despite Nell's warnings, Tas continues to allow herself to be blackmailed into lessons with her sketchy teacher who Tas is positive was in cohoots with Nell the year before. Nothing good comes from her time spent with the evil teacher and it starts to cause problems in her relationship with Michael when she finally fesses up to what she has been up to, along with actually putting herself in grave danger. The end of Breathless leaves you just that. I want to know what happens! Does she continue to go to the dark side with her evil teacher and fulfill this supposed destiny her teacher claims is her fate? Or is Michael going to pull her out? I guess I am just going to have to wait until Tawdra decides to bless us with Restless.

(I received an e-book copy of this book to facilitate my review, but it doesn't change my opinion)
on May 21, 2012
I received this book as an ARC.

I read Fearless (book one in the King Series) as one of my first book reviews. I had not read many stories about people with psychological supernatural abilities or about witches in general. I found the first book to be wonderfully written and pleasantly surprised by Tawdra's ability to maintain a PG 13 (approximately) novel that also included supernatural elements. I have to say that Breathless is written just as well. The story is one that shows what happens at the start of senior year for Tasmyn when her boyfriend (and assumed future husband) Michael goes off to college four hours away. Michael is Tasmyn's first boyfriend and Michael's family has this wonderful trait of the men falling instantly in love with one and only one woman in their entire life. This makes it appear that having a long distance relationship will be easier because Tasmyn and Michael both feel this deep trust that the other will be waiting for them to either come home or graduate and go to college as well. Unfortunately, Tasmyn takes Michael's departure so hard she practically turns comatose.

Once the initial disaster of being alone passes, Tasmyn moves on to starting her senior year. She meets a new guy who is desperately interested in her and has a unique ability much like Tasmyn's mind-hearing ability. No they don't end up together. I will spare you thinking that Tasmyn walks off with another man. However, Rafe (the new guy) does create some interesting situations and even saves Tasmyn's life towards the end. Tasmyn loses a lot of friends in this book because of them going off to college and because of her latest enemy. What is surprising is that Nell, the murderous witch from book one, turns up again and again to help Tasmyn. You will be surprised at how that turns out. I know I was. I was also a little disappointed with how unwilling Tasmyn was to accept Nell's help. My biggest disappointment was her ignoring Nell's final warning and instead walks right into the arms (or classroom) of the enemy while not telling Michael of her choice. That is definitely going to cause problems in book three.

Overall I found the book easy to read and pretty enjoyable as well. I still found myself wondering if the Tasmyn and Michael would make it past second base, but even though I knew they wouldn't, I was still happy to see that they kept to their moral beliefs. Another great book by Tawdra Kandle.

Read more reviews at [...]
on June 28, 2012
Breathless starts from where Fearless ended. And a note of caution for those who haven't read Fearless. You must read it before reading this one as this book does not act as a standalone and you are better off knowing what happened in the first book.

I will confess that I liked this one more than the first. It has the right mixture of everything. And though it is a bit slow for my thrill loving mind, it has a lot going for it. There isn't a single boring moment in there. As the title signifies, the book leaves you breathless.

Engaging and riveting, this book makes for a nice fast pace read.

Although I wish this was one huge book instead of having to wait for the next one in the series. *sigh*

Tawdra, I am not reading the chapter for Restless after the book ends, it's too painful to have to read it without the whole book. *wink wink* Are you getting me?
on April 15, 2012
Breathless, the 2nd book of the King Series, kept me on the edge of my seat almost immediately. It was a darker book than Fearless, but again, Tawdra's amazing story-telling kept me up late into the night. Where the first book focused equally on Tasmyn and Michael's heady first-love experiences and the supernatural, this book plunged right into Tasmyn's deep sadness over Michael's departure for college while dealing with other unexpected and unwelcome problems - both natural and supernatural. There were lighter, happier moments in Breathless, but it was a much more intense read than Fearless - the perfect follow-up!

Hurry up and release Restless, please! This fan cannot wait.
on April 22, 2013
I am *obsessed* with these books! This one hurt my head in that it revolved around her keeping secrets from everyone (even Michael). I spent most of the book waiting for the impending realization that she's keeping secrets, which never really came. I guess I was just expecting your typical paranormal romance situation, but I should know better by now. I heart these books.
on January 20, 2013
The King series is definitely a favorite of mine. So often in these series the second book leaves much to be desired. That is not the case with Breathless. The intense romance from book one is decidedly cooled off. The main cause of this is that Michael has gone away too college some four hours away. His absence in Tas's everyday life drills a hole in her heart and steals the light from her eyes. To make matters worse, many of her other friends graduated and left for college as well. That leaves Tas, Amber and Cara fending for themselves in the beginning of their senior year.

The sequel introduces a new mysterious friend with a potential hidden agenda, a new and intimidating relationship between Tas and Ms. Lacusta, an ever widening rift between Tas and Cara, more dishonesty from Tas and never-ending threats from Rev. Pryce. The story does not drag in any spots, and the plot is well defined; fitting nicely with the first book and effortlessly setting up the drama that will be the third installment.

I absolutely adore the writing style of Tawda Kandle. The storyline never falters or veers of course. The story flows as naturally as if you are listening to a friend filling you in on her life events. I know I'm being subtle here, but I should say for the record that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this series. Though it is the story of a senior in high school, it's a great read for anyone who enjoys paranormal fiction and innocent romance as well as the younger audience it is categorized for. Give this one a chance. You won't be disappointed.
on May 3, 2012
This is a great read! I love the intensity of the characters and the story that comes with each one of them. I just want to keep reading! I am already restless for "Restless"!
on June 19, 2013
I was so happy to finally have the time to read this book. I've been anxious to see what happens next with Tasmyn and Michael. This book was full of adventure and drama like the first one.

I knew that her chemistry teacher wouldn't give up that easily. She was determined to get her hands on Tasmyn and her gift. The Reverend was just as determined to Tasmyn get rid of the evil within her. Forget the fact that the Reverend is the only one that thinks she's evil.

Tasymn is a senior in high school now. It's suppose to be the time of her life. She had to adjust to Michael being away at school and all kinds of other crazy things.

Personally I'd of asked my parents to let me change schools after everything that happened the previous year in the first book Fearless. I can't wait to read the next book Restless.

The author not only writes so vividly that you feel like you are part of the story, she is also an amazing person. I'm proud to be able to say she's a friend of mine.
on December 2, 2012
Breathless by Tawdra Kandle
Book 2 of the King Series

Rating 5*****

This book was provided free from the author in exchange for honest literary review.

Tasmyn has no time to enjoy the peace after her near death experience. She is starting her senior year of high school, and Michael is leaving for college. While heartbroken, Tasmyn must learn to fight off not only a seriously wacko chemistry teacher and at the same time learn how to grow and cope on her own.
I usually and very hesitant with second novels, either they ate seriously lacking or over the top; there seems to be no in between. This is an amazing one though. I love the amount of depth that the author places in the characters. By the end of the book you think and talk about the like you know them. Also, her settings are so beautiful! I can just picture the nursery and the area. Editing is excellent and I have to say its one of those you just don't want to put down. Very solid series so far!