4.0 out of 5 stars Fits Recaro ProRide
This tote fits the Recaro ProRide. It's a very snug fit, but I didn't have any trouble zipping the bag shut. I haven't used it yet, but we will be checking our carseat to its final destination on an upcoming trip.
Published on July 26, 2012 by Emily H. Yao

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripped After One Use
Very awkward design as well. As you can see from the main photo, wheels are placed on the side rather than the bottom. Strange and hard to use.
Published 19 months ago by Merritt D. Farren

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits Recaro ProRide, July 26, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent customer service, June 3, 2013
This review is from: BRICA Cover Guard Car Seat Travel Tote (Baby Product)
I bought this to protect my Britax Pavilion 70-G3 car seat. It fits fine without any struggle. I traveled by myself several times and managed to pack my car seat into this bag on the curb at the airport sans any issues. I managed to put a good many diapers and a couple coats in this bag, too. The bag held all comfortably and didn't see any straining on the zipper.
Unfortunately, the bag started to come apart where the front canvas meets the plastic. After a few flights the hole grew and so did my disappointment in the product. It still did it's job but I think the hole would just get worse with more use. On a whim, I contacted Brica via their website and told them of my troubles. A few days later they responded and are sending me a new bag. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I would have had to buy this bag again when the original one became unusable. That's right, I would have bought the same bag although it got a hole in it. I like the general design and the fact that I'd be replacing a $40 bag and not a $250 car seat.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripped After One Use, May 18, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, June 20, 2013
This review is from: BRICA Cover Guard Car Seat Travel Tote (Baby Product)
Used it once, was a bit tough to fit our britax in, but got it in. After our flight, we noticed it tore in many places. Don't waster your money

4.0 out of 5 stars Bulky and awkward, but does its job - 3.5 stars, January 11, 2014
L. Dias (Bellevue, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BRICA Cover Guard Car Seat Travel Tote (Baby Product)
We used this to fly with our Chicco Keyfit 30 and base. I love that you can fit the base in with the car seat! We checked it, as most airlines will check car seats for free even if baby isn't traveling with you.

The backpack feature is extremely helpful when you also have a baby, luggage, your own carry on and/or purse, diaper bag, and stroller. Kids make traveling light very difficult! The only way this worked was to wear the car seat like a back pack. That meant free hands for all the other luggage & gear, but the straps are not that comfortable and the back is HUGE. You can't turn or move without smacking into something - or someone. Whether we like it or not car seats are bulky so there's not a lot you can do here.

The wheels... Eh. I'm glad I read the reviews so we knew to flip it upside down to pull more smoothly. However, it's still pretty awkward and not easy to steer or pull.

Once the car seat (and base!) is in, you can use the interior for extra storage. That's great for things you don't need in the airport or in flight. However, if you need the car seat on either end of the flight (to or from the airport), be careful with what you store in there because you'll have to take it out, take out the car seat, stuff the stored things back in the tote, and install the car seat. Because of that, I wouldn't pack loose things. A small bag or reusable shopping tote works just fine.

I think any car seat tote is going to have issues with bulk and maneuverability. Given that, I think this is a good choice and its worth spending a little more to get backpack straps and wheels. After all car seats aren't small! But this isn't something I will think "great- I get to use the car seat tote!" like I do with some of our other baby gear. Seriously- I love our stroller (UppaBaby Cruz) and fall in love with it again every time I pull it out! I hope Brica finds a way to make it a bit more comfortable but overall I would recommend this- especially considering other options for car seat totes. Personally I wouldn't use a drawstring bag style of car seat tote because it'd be too awkward to carry in addition to the baby- let alone also the stroller and luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase!!!, May 5, 2012
This review is from: BRICA Cover Guard Car Seat Travel Tote (Baby Product)
I had a hard time finding a bag that was well constructed and could fit our new Britax Advocate 70 CS for air travel. I was very worried about the car seat being damaged in transit as it is meant to keep my child safe, and therefore must be in perfect working condition. I was so happy to have found this bag at such a good price, but the true test of its worth was on the flight. We gate checked it (I hate the idea of the car seat going to the main luggage compartment and being crushed by 50lbs suitcases) through 2 legs of our journey and both our bag and our car seat came out unscathed. Pulling it through the airport was a bit challenging because of the size of the seat but much easier than it would have been without the wheels. The storage compartment also came in very handy. All in all it was an excellent buy and i recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Britax Advocate Fit Perfectly, April 16, 2014
My 5 star rating is based on:
#1 - I read past reviews and reinforced the bottom with duct tape before my trip. HOWEVER, I don't think that was necessary since the tape (and bag) looked nearly new at the end of my trip.
#2 - That being said, the bag only went from Houston to LAX....so no plane changes that called for really testing the durability of the bag.
#3 - I definitely recommend for ease of packing and mobility. It rolls nicely and has a large opening for the car seat.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, but after two uses the bottom has a hole it in., May 31, 2013
R. Henderson "14110" (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BRICA Cover Guard Car Seat Travel Tote (Baby Product)
Great idea with the rolling bag and the airline staff impressed with the concept, but I would hope for the price it would hold up for more than 2 uses.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripped after one flight, October 26, 2013
This review is from: BRICA Cover Guard Car Seat Travel Tote (Baby Product)
We were also excited about this product - it feels strong and the backpack and handles are nice. However, we used it for one flight, gate checked it and it has two holes. Very disappointed with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply awesome!, November 11, 2014
This review is from: BRICA Cover Guard Car Seat Travel Tote (Baby Product)
We've used it with Britax Pavilion Convertible G4 car seat and it fits like a glove. The bag can be rolled on the wheels very comfortably by tilting it forward on the top handle (as pictured on the product page). When rolled this gives you sufficient space to not to hit the bag while you walk. I also carried the bag as a backpack which is a very nice options since it gives you additional flexibility carrying your stuff along. The front storage compartment is another nice feature that we used to carry on some extra stuff like kid's toys via gate checkin. The bag is sturdy and remain in upfront position when you put it on the floor.

When considering luggage checking versus gate checking, gate checking will give you higher chances that a bag (along with carseat/stroller) arrive in sound condition. But even with gate checking it's just up to the spot where the bag is going to sit during the flight. Our brand new heavy duty stroller bag arrived with a hole that was clearly rubbed through some hard/rough external part.. At the same time the car seat bag still looks like new after a round trip.

BRICA Cover Guard Car Seat Travel Tote