Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on June 15, 2013
I find that with these fiber wigs and human hair wigs as well, ( I have worn wigs for fifteen years as a cancer patient and now as a survivor, I just find them fun, easier to take care of and frankly at fifty seven make me look alot younger than my years, at any rate...) If you braid or at least put the long part of the wig in a braid ( especially if its long and wavy) Making sure it is brushed out fully before doing so, do NOT use regular hair products on the synthetic wigs, it will kill the shine, use a mild shampoo or baby shampoo just enough to clean it then use lemon juice in the rinse, place the wig on a form to wash if possible, by pinning it with t pins and let it dry the same way, you should get ALOT more wear out of your wigs. I used to buy ALL human hair yaffa, Jacqueline etc and they were quite expensive even at wholesale prices. I am finding that these heat resistant fiber ones while they do not last as long as they are not as thick as the afore mentioned wigs, for the PRICE, if handled properly, wear quite well. I put mine in a ponytail not braids, then let the pony tail out while it dries so there is no mark on it. If I want it curly I keep it in a braid. If I wear a new wig to bed I always pull it back into a pony or a french twist and use the little cork screw type fasteners that hold your hair together no matter how much you toss and turn. FOR ME, this works very well and I have twenty four wigs on mannequin heads that are still wearable, I do have my favs of course, but they will last longer if you can stock up and switch them out to extend the wear and wear an older on to bed They tell you not to wear them to bed, but I refuse to be seen without my wig even in front of my husband. That is like jogging naked.
Hope this helps some new wearers of wigs..enjoy
Mrs T
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2013
I love this wig. I didn't like the price though. If you want a natural wig then this one is for you. Easy to style. It's a little long for me so I cut it to fit my style. Good quality and I own a lot of Vivica Fox wigs. They last after you wash them 2 or more times. I use them for very important meetings, and bad hair days. I would recommend this wig for women who don't want to fuss with a wig. Easy to style, comb and wash. I hope this infor. helps.
on May 18, 2012
I love how the Brie V hugs my head looks natural and I am able to add heat to add more curl if I so desire
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2013
Everyone compliments my hair. I never have to worry about it moving out of place or looking fake. I thought it would be a problem because it did not have built in clips but I could head bang at a rock concert all night and it would still sit in place. The only drawback is it tangles. Since it is made from synthetic material, it frays after brushing and washing (after approx two months of use). It ends up looking and feeling dry and wire-y and you cannot undo this because you cannot condition the material. I also chose to cut straight across bangs because I am self conscious about it looking fake. The hair also sits weirdly at the top with the middle part if you wear it straight (I suppose for a more voluminous look) but if you curl it, this won't be a problem and it looks so great. I also really like how the middle part looks so natural and completes the wig. Every three months (I feel the longest I can wear it for with every day wear) I seem to need to get a new one but for the 10-15$ a month it works out to be, it's worth it.
on August 17, 2013
I do enjoy Vivica Fox stretch wigs- they are very comfortable and light and breathable.....I like this style- I love the layered flipped up look. I wish the flipped layers started higher on the head- but being a hairdresser I easily fixed that problem. However, when I went to hot curl the newly cut layers up, the hair went straight. It would not curl period. After I shampooed her, Brie behaved better. The bangs are a little too thick and can not simply be swept to the side. I had to cut them too. Overall, however, I do like this hair unit and will buy again in a blonder color. Being a cosmetologist, it is my duty to give you as much information as possible on the unit. Another point I should share is that the Brie I got was flipped out on one side and flipped in on the other side. I had tried Brie on in a wig shop prior to buying it on here and it did not have this problem. I just learned from 'youtube' that setting a wig out on a head/mannequin for a week will fix similar problems. It has been 3 days and I can see a slight difference. Again let me stress that this is a lovely wig and I am getting another one. Do not let my "overhaul of 411" scare you.
on September 29, 2013
I try to support black woman owned businesses which is important to me but Vivica needs to get it together. This wig looks nothing like the one in the pic. There isn't even enough hair on it to make it full enough to look like the pic. I am very disappointed and will be sending it back. My boyfriend didn't even see it on my head and just looked at the wig and said that it didn't look like it could possibly be the same wig that she has on in the pic and he isn't a hair expert or anything. This is how obviously sparse this wig is. Was really disappointed and had to order another one from a different company. This is unacceptable.
on November 1, 2012
I've seen other reviews about the Merle wig, they say it tangles....Ladies, not like this one. I ordered 3 of these wigs, the first couple of wears the wig is fluffy and flowey but as it ages its a tangled mess. I find myself spending more money buying this wig over and over to maintain the fluffy look. Its a beautiful wig, you be the judge.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2013
I love it...This wig is so comfortable. It looks and feels so real. You will not be disappointed. The cut is so attractive on your face. You forget you are wearing a wig.
on October 19, 2013
comfortable and stylish. not too shiny. skin part makes the wig even better. i will be buying another!!! would have given it 5 stars, but its a tad thin. you cant see through it, just have to be careful if u use clips, so u dont show the mesh. overall a good wig.
on March 4, 2014
Vivica's line of wigs are great! I have a few of them and not one is bad in any way. They are made well and the fit great and wash well. They are very real looking and for the money you can't go wrong with anything in her line! I love all of the ones I have.