Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on November 20, 2011
I worked the gun counter and shop for sportsman's warehouse for 5 years, as well as had my own gunsmith shop, and have mounted easily several dozen of these scopes; I always liked them and now that I have one on my Savage MKII TR I really like them! once you zero it at 50yds pull out the set screws reset the turret to the 50yds mark and you're set out to 175! just turn the turret to the desired range. If you're more target oriented you might not like the cross hairs as they're not as fine as most dedicated target scopes. I highly recommend it very easy to use.
22 comments87 of 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2011
I love the compensator turretfvor elebation for common bullet weights(36,38, and 40gr). This is a great scope tailored for .22 rifles. I could use a turret for 60gr subsonic loads as well
I would buy this scope again
0Comment34 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2012
I wasn't expecting much when I ordered this scope, but to be honest I don't feel you need much for a .22. I have been shooting firearms for over 30 years and I am a self proclaimed marksman. I am used to shooting with lower cost scopes and it is gets old reading all the information from the optic snobs who say you need to spend a lot of money for a good optic. Sure, you get what you pay for, but at the same token you can still get the job done with a lower cost/quality scope and keep some extra money in your pocket. Its like driving from point A to point B, you can get there in a Ferrari, or Ford, but your still going to get there. This scope is clear enough, thin enough reticle and holds its zero on a my .22 with no problem. It has some nice features with the finger adjustable turrets, and it even looks good on my rifle. I gave this optic 5 stars because it is a good buy for the money.
0Comment35 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2011
This is the best low cost rimfire scope on the market, I have put 3 of these on Ruger 10/22's for use at Appleseed events, they exceeded everybodys expectations. You cannot go wrong with this scope for any rimfire application, now I am thinking of putting one on my Sig 522 and replacing a non-magnified T dot..........
22 comments21 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2014
So far this is awesome for my purpose! I am using it on my gun i use for aspirin shoots. 25yrds the adjustable objective lets me zoom to about 7x and focus to where i can read the writing on a tiny aspirin not a full size aspirin. And sitting on my savage its been dead on. Ive read some people experience the crossbairs moving so far i have not.
review image
11 comment11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2014
I bought this scope for my sons 10/22, after five shots the scopes cross hairs canted, called up BSA company and they said send it in and they will repair it, to my surprise I get a new scope or I should say one that was most likely reconditions.
After looking at the scope I noticed the elevation cap was off set, OK maybe a set screw was not tighten all the way, well when I took the cap off the post the cap sits on was crooked, looking at the post it was obvious it was screwed into the scope wrong.
So here I am calling up customer service again and when I told the guy what was wrong I am told to ship it back, they wont even send a return shipping label, I have to pay to ship it both ways.
No amount of explanation to the fact they sent a faulty product from the get go would change their mind on paying for shipping of any kind, their excuse is, they don't pay for shipping on a limited life time warranty scope.
I will never buy any products from BSA again, poor craftsmanship and poor customer service, I could of bought a hell of a better scope than this with all the money I put out on this piece of garbage, don't buy a scope from BSA.
0Comment28 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
For years it's been possible to buy telescopic sights calibrated to a standard load- usually the 5.56 or 7.62 NATO, or one of the more common hunting loads. These calibrated scopes have cams that allow the shooter to zero in at one distance, and then simply dial in the range, and the scope will automatically provide the correct elevation. This scope, as far as I can tell, is the first scope that brings this capability to the .22LR rimfire shooter. That's not easy, as there are so many different loads available, but BSA has cleverly supplied three different turrets calibrated for three different common bullet weights: 36, 38, and 40gr. Almost all solid point .22LR loads use a 40gr bullet, and just about all hollow points are either 38gr (standard "High Speed" loading) or 36gr (so-called "Hyper Velocity" loads). My club's range is only 100 yards, but that's a reasonable maximum distance for .22LR use, and using CCI Standard Velocity loads and the 40gr turret I found that this scope did a good enough job keeping rounds on target that I'd say it would be a great hunting scope. .22 Benchrest Shooters and other competitors will find that it's not quite as accurate as making up their own range correction tables, though.

I note that one reviewer mounted his Sweet .22 on a spring air rifle, which proved to be a mistake. Spring guns need optics that are held in place by threaded rings on both sides, whereas inexpensive .22 scopes often use a ridge rolled into the tube to hold the lenses in place. Repeated shock from firing can quickly loosen components in a scope not designed for the reverse-recoil of spring guns. BUt then, there's really no reason to mount this scope on an air rifle, as you wouldn't be able to take advantage of the built-in bullet drop compensation. But for the .22 LR hunter, I think this scope provides a very useful magnification range along with a well done bullet drop range adjustment system.
0Comment33 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2014
The cross hairs rotate inside of the tube, after a few shots it turned into an "X". I see many other people love it, mine went bad after the second use (about 200 rounds).
on November 2, 2014
Absolutely 100% worthless. I bought this scope a while back, but without ammo there was nothing to review until now. I just got home from the range with my family about an hour ago, and we put about 100 rds. through the old 10/22. By the time the last round was fired, the reticle had turned within the scope about 45 degrees. The scope tube was still just as straight and tight the same as the day I mounted it. I've since read of many other reviews where this has happened and to not expect too much help from BSA. I would strongly suggest a other model of scope, especially for a .22. There are many other brands within this price range that will last much, much longer than 1 morning, and frankly don't have all of the BS gimmicks that this has. Fool me once shame on you, there won't be a twice since I'm not returning this for another polished turd.
on February 12, 2012
Well worth the money. A clear sturdy scope at a surprisingly low cost. Works for both hunting and target use. Probably the best 22lr scope you can buy.