BTC 9019URF Wireless Multimedia USB Keyboard w/ Dual Mode Joystick Mouse
- BTC 9019URF 87-Key Wireless Multimedia Keyboard w/Dual Mode Joystick Mouse General Features:
- Black design 87-key layout Combined joystick and mouse functions
- Instant access Internet and Multimedia hot keys Wireless operating range of up to 32 ft./10 meters
- Compact and low profile keycaps design Built-in scroll function
- Convenient easy to carry handles built into the keyboard
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
First there is the pointing device: obviously mice don't have a place in the coach, and trackballs and touchpads have to be "cranked" a number of times in order to get the pointer from one end of the screen to the other; with a joystick it is just a matter of pushing once and letting the device do its thing until you reach the desired icon or widget. Then there is the keyboard: you need something reasonably comfortable to enter URLs and search terms, type the occasional credit card number or answer your email, but you probably won't try to do word-processing, 3D-modelling or serious video gaming in-between your video clips. And last, but not least, there is wireless: unlike products from software monopolists become hardware ergonomists, this keyboard will actually connect from your lap to its base on the stereo rack 8 or so feet away. As a bonus, the packaging looks and feels sturdy enough (but I haven't subjected it to the kids-and-dog sress test) and the multimedia keys work with iTunes in my Mac ... Can't beat all that convenience anywhere else at that low price point!
There are also Bluetooth rechargeable keyboards from Logitech. The RF range on this pad is good. It is at a great price, but need to be more compatible with the PS3. Interlink's Versapoint is a similar product. Its cost twice as much but it works on the PS3 and PC. Sadly, its mouse is not as good as this one.
I plugged this thing in my Quad Vista 64bit SP1 machine, and bam, went right to the internet, got the drivers and started working. HELLO! I never used the disk, but all of the functioned seem to work with the drivers Vista downloaded. I was pleased it recognized it right away.
I would recommend this keyboard, it is affordable. I have only had it for a few months with light use, so I don't know about the durability yet. But, so far overall I have had no problems. I can even use my regular keyboard, this keyboard, a wired mouse and a wireless mouse all at the same time, with no issues. Not to mention my infra red- remotes for the PC. Yes, as you guess I am running media center....
1. Wireless RF - works up to 30 feet away and through walls
2. Mouse / Joystick - can function as one or the other
3. Multimedia keys - can be programmed to your choice for email, volume, etc
4. Layout - it is somewhat of a compact keyboard but comfortable enough to type awhile
5. Bottom - it is sculpted to fit on your lap so it is comfortable using this on the couch
6. Software - allows you to have an onscreen menu for office docs, multimedia and surfing controls
7. Battery indicator on your task bar!
8. No LEDs on the keyboard to preserve battery life, these are on the taskbar icon
9. No lag - it seems instant when the mouse moves and when the keys are pressed
10. Sleep key! This is a great addition, put your HTPC to sleep and wake it by pressing another key
Only downside is that the joystick is not as responsive as a mouse or touchpad, it works good enough, but I use my iPhone with Air Mouse Pro as a touchpad/keyboard to supplement this one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
No one could get used to using that damn joystick! I play a lot of video games, but the joystick is indeed a bit cumbersome to use. Read morePublished on February 8, 2014 by G
For years I've always had a computer attached to my TV to make it a home media center. This was my second wireless KB/Mouse Combo. Read morePublished on May 27, 2013 by Rick K
I have used this with multiple computers. When it worked, it was 'OK', which is what I expected, but it simply did not work too often for it to be an effective tool.Published on February 7, 2013 by me
i love this keyboard!! its been going strong for years now. dropped tossed this thing just never fails to work.Published on January 3, 2013 by Amazon Customer
I had hoped to hook up my laptop to my 50 inch plasma TV via HDMI and watch HD YouTube videos. When I bought this BTC wireless keyboard, my laptop ran Windows XP. Read morePublished on October 13, 2012 by Mark N.
In contrast to all the other reviews on here, I must have gotten the lemon of the group. Mine kept losing communication, would run a key repeatedly after pressing it once,... Read morePublished on August 10, 2011 by B. Ankrom
Whether you support my protest here or feel it's only a "worthless diatribe," please tell Amazon you support my request to have my account deleted. Thanks. Read morePublished on October 2, 2010 by TucsonShopper
This is such a great product, but because it was discontinued it is so hard to find. If you are looking for a great keyboard for you Home Theater PC, then this is one of the best... Read morePublished on March 29, 2010 by Jonathan S. White