5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful! Five Stars From Me!
Published on July 1, 2010 by Erin

3.0 out of 5 stars The guys doing full neck rolls - that went out in the late 70s
I'm all for burlesque. I've got no problem with Rodney, but he needs to get real with the body mechanics. No excuse.
Published 10 months ago by J. Cameron

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful! Five Stars From Me!, July 1, 2010
This review is from: BURLESQUE BEAT: SEXY FITNESS DANCE WORKOUT with Rodney James (DVD)
Think Gay-Club meets Housewife! This is a beginner/intermediate burlesque routine. If you are a hardcore dancer, this will be too slow. If you're an average person, this is perfect for pretending you're performing on the stage. There's a longer final-dance routine and more detailed instruction than the scant PussyCat Dolls workout or Carmen Electra's DVDS. I love PCD and Carmen, but Rodney James did such a great job on this one. It walks the fine-line between dance/fun/fitness. Hard to get all three of those even in a work-out, but he does.

The all-important final dance is 3.5 minutes of a cabaret act of medium careful-moves intensity. It is NOT a super-fast routine you can't keep up with. What it does have is quick full-body moves that look very vampy and condition your arms, legs, back, etc. This is not a heavy-foot chorography routine where you won't be able to get fast enough to the next place; it's very natural and flows but is in time with the energizing dance beat.

The main final routine is dressed-up! Part chair-dance with sassy-ness and cheek and part floor-work, rolling around down there, half pushups, twisting at times to get up, etc. Lots of sexy walking around chairs, draping yourself and your legs overtop them and around them. The music is great:--it's a fast 80's dance-club beat that's not annoying; the songs are catchy and fun. This is burlesque 101.

Rodney himself is pure flamboyance in his black, patent-leather high-heeled boots and sexy mini-shorts. He's so caring and encouraging to his audience. There's an ending low-intensity chorography and final dance, as well, for a group of girlfriends to learn, very simple, less complex than the main dance. It could be used almost as a cool down. It's clear from Rodney's warm Austrailian accent that he has a great attitude and wants you to dance, be fabulous, and celebrate yourself. I do feel like a REAL dancer in this routine because I learned one! - and if you do it in heels, it's an extra-sexy challange for the legs. Rodney, you did a great job, hope you're working on part two.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Workout, Sexy and Fun..., October 14, 2010
I purchased this DVD in the hopes of losing weight in time for my wedding. I have not been disappointed yet. Its a fun, sexy workout that is made even more fun by Rodney's bubbly attitude. This DVD really makes burlesque accessible and fun for women of all body types. The warm up alone will make you sweat, though most people will have to repeat the instructional dance sequence a few times to get it down. Its a good thing though, because its a great workout that revs up your cardio and gets you sweating. I would recommend this DVD to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and sexy, February 22, 2010
I disagree with the other review. I received a screener copy of this and found it to be a very fun workout. Rodney James is completely over the top, he should have his own show. The dance moves and attitude are similar to Broadway shows like 'Chicago' and 'Cabaret.' I wouldn't say the moves were mannish at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Rodney!!!, August 26, 2010
I just took a Burlesque Beat Class from director and choreographer Rodney James in California and purchased his Burlesque Beat: Sexy Fitness Dance Workout. I really appreciated how Rodney showed step by step how to gracefully perform dance moves. He has helped me improve my posture awareness and strengthen my core stability. Not only has Burlesque Beat made my body stronger, it has made me more confident in my sexuality. I would highly recommend his Burlesque Beat: Sexy Fitness Dance Workout to anyone.
Barbara

5.0 out of 5 stars I ADORE THIS WORKOUT!!, January 17, 2011
This work out is very sexy, fun, and effective!!I could feel my whole body working in a very good way! Rodney James is amazing!! This has become my favorite go to workout! Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, October 27, 2010
I really liked this dvd. The instruction was very good and not to complex if you are new to this type of dance. It is a bit weird to see a guy performing these moves but he was a great instructor. I do recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweep and mop before using!, March 23, 2012
Loved the DVD. It was fun. How often do you get to work out with a fun man in sparkles?

I do not use the DVD too often because I am busy, not the greatest housekeeper, and have a couple of cats. To do this exercise routine comfortably, you need a somewhat large expanse of floor that is free of debris-- you need to get on the floor. I love the idea, and I love the moves, but I cannot always bring myself to roll around on my floor.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, July 3, 2013
I feel like I can dance! This is wonderful. Rodney is so much fun. Even if you have no experience, especially if you have no experience - this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing instructor and fun workout video!, January 14, 2012
Rodney James IS "Mr. Burlesque" and if you haven't been lucky enough to catch him when he's on tour, this DVD provides the basics of the amazing program he's created! His energy is contagious and his un-biased and un-censored ability to bring out the showgirl in anyone is evident when he explains and teaches!
Add this DVD to your collection,you'll learn a lot about dance based movement while having a great time! Rodney is fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, May 20, 2014
Fun. Was a good laugh. A good workout. Lol so worth it! Had a blast, although its tough. Good buy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›