Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Style Name: Bug Zapper - 40 Watt Deluxe|Change

on December 6, 2011
After going through many other types of bug zappers, I decided to try the Black Flag model this year..........Wow, I've been very surprised and happy with it. The bulb lasted nearly all summer, and then I ordered a replacement on Amazon and was astonished at how easy it was to install compared to past experiences with Flowtron and other models. The cost of both the original unit and also the replacement bulbs is very reasonable, and the unit is very effective. While some insects do accumulate on the inner charged screen after a period of time, they are easily removed by simply gently shaking the unit until they drop out the bottom of the casing. I will be purchasing a second unit to enlarge the area of insect attraction next spring.
on June 17, 2011
My new Black Flag Zapper is amazing! I have purchased other brands that did zap or harm a fly. I had to replace bulbs 3 times a season, finally gave up trying. I saw the Black Flag Zapper and decided to give it a try because it is a brand name known for killing insects. It has a brilliant white light, and continuously zaps flies, mosquitoes. I used to have black flies all around my patio and now I can sit outside during the evening and enjoy the peaceful sky.
on May 2, 2014
These attracted so many mosquitoes to my zappers that I had to use a leaf blower to clean off the grids every morning. I literally had a "blanket" of dead mosquitoes. I live in the Northwest and used these in Eastern Washington. There are regional usage maps for mosquito attractants, so If you live in the south you may need to use Lurex3.
on August 16, 2015
Comparison of carbon dioxide, octenol and a host-odour as mosquito attractants in the Upper Rhine Valley, Germany.
Becker N1, Zgomba M, Petric D, Ludwig M.
Author information
Abstract
Field studies were conducted in the Upper Rhine Valley to determine the responses of mosquitoes to CDC traps baited with either CO2, octenol, light or paired combinations of these. Among eight mosquito species caught, the attractant effect on trap catches was studied in the four most abundant: Aedes vexans, Ae.rossicus, Ae.cinereus and Culex pipiens. Traps baited only with light or octenol caught few mosquitoes, whereas many were caught by traps baited with CO2 alone or in combination with either of the other candidate attractants. CO2 baited traps, with or without light, caught the most Aedes. The combination of CO2 and octenol attracted most Cx pipiens, but this apparent synergy was not significant. Using a caged hamster compared to CO2 as bait in a CDC light-trap with only intermittent fan suction, the hamster attracted less mosquitoes than CO2 emitted at a rate of 225 g/h on days 1 and 2, whereas on days 3 and 4 the smell from the hamster's cage became significantly more attractive than this rate of CO2 for all species of mosquitoes.
on June 30, 2013
We purchased this item due to the tremendous amount of bugs that we get near our back door, which is our primary entrance in & out of our home. It dramatically decreased the number of flying buzzards we'd get in that area, however, it filled up so much it was virtually useless after 2 days of use! Either that's testament that it's an excellent Zapper, or I need to move! Either way, we took it down to clean it out & that is somewhat easier said than done. You have to open this trap door at the bottom of the device that is barely large enough to fit your hand inside of - so we found the next best way was to gently knock the thing against the deck to shake loose all the debris inside - being careful not to break or dislodge the bulb. Then whatever didn't come loose, we had to take our vacuum & stick the long wand handle inside to suck out whatever was left. Afterwards rehang it & 2-3 days later repeat. After an entire summer of this (one summer's use), we're debating to rehang it this year. It works really well, just maybe too well!
on March 4, 2013
I recently purchased two of these items for our large backdoor area. I have used Black Flag up until last year but after 8 years they were worn out and we decided to replace. I would recommend this as it does as it promises and rids the yard and play area from biting insects. i would recommend getting the dusk/down sensor as the machine does not require as much attention. My favorite no "zapping" sounds!
on May 25, 2012
From the very moment I plugged in the Black Flag BZ-40 40-Watt Outdoor Bug Zapper it started zapping bugs. After two days I had to clean it because it zapped so many bugs. Now I can sit on my Patio without being bitten! Thanks Black Flag! Bill P
on July 28, 2012
I have a Stinger Zapper rated for 1 acre, it works wonders on mosquitoes with the octenol attractant!!!! my zapper catchs all sorts of insects but it really only zapps mosquitos when i have the attractant would deffinetly recommend this product
on September 21, 2013
Before using the lure, my zapper didn't see a lot of action. After the lure, I had to use a compressed air hose twice in the first month because I could barely see the light. Now that the rain has slowed, there is not as much action, but I'm satisfied with the lure. I will use again when the skeeters get thick.
on June 6, 2015
I decided to try a bug zapper, especially after we have had a lot of rain recently. I use the sensor to just run it from dusk to dawn. I have to clean this thing out every day it kills so many mosquitoes! My estimate is about 300 per night are in the zapper to clean out. Some reviewers complain that it is difficult to clean. I have no air compressor, so I just use my leaf blower on it and it blows everything out to start over again for the evening. Just be sure to hold on to the zapper so you don't blow it off whatever you attach it to. I use about an 8 foot shepherds hook so I can move it around the yard instead of making it stationary on the house. Great zapper and the light is not bright if you are sitting outside in the evening. Low noise on it unless you get something pretty big that decides to get into it. I may purchase another for the other end of the yard. I feel happy that every night there are several hundred of them that won't be biting anyone anymore.