5.0 out of 5 stars Love this dryer
Published on January 9, 2007 by beberuth1

1.0 out of 5 stars Disposable Hair Dryers????
Published on February 21, 2012 by S. Thornton

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this dryer, January 9, 2007
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BAB2000 Ceramix Xtreme Dryer (Health and Beauty)
Never again will I go back to a regular dryer. Who would have thought for only $10 more you could get a dryer of this quality? This dryer is very powerful, it cut my drying time in half. It works great for styling with a round brush, and is hot, but not too hot. It is also very quiet, despite its power. I love the attachment, it stays put once you put it on (unlike my former Vidal Sassoon dryer). Another great feature is the buttons are slide style, not toggle, so you don't keep changing it on accident. I would definitely recommend this dryer.
Update 2 years later: I just bought another. My old one was still working, but the concentrator would not stay on because I dropped the dryer and the nozzle cracked and I think the wiring was going out (again due to being dropped many times). I looked around at other dryers but decided to get this same model because I truly loved it. Glad to see it was now available directly through Amazon.com with free shipping, last time I bought it through a merchant and paid $8.00 for shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Power, December 16, 2010
Dyno Spoid "dyno_spoid" (Wisconsin, United States) - See all my reviews
I compared this hair dryer to several others for type of air flow and what temperature they could heat a surface to, which was measured with an infrared meter.

Clairol DryGuy 1200W:
- Somewhat loud
- Very poor air flow in low/medium/high
- Good heat (95F/115F/130F)
Notes: Hot, loud, not much air flow.
Buy/Don't: Don't even think of buying it.

Clairol Salon Power 1500W:
- Loud
- Okay air flow in low/high
- Good heat (100F/105F-med, 125F/130F-hot)
Weight: About 12 oz.
Notes: Warm, Loud, eventually will dry hair.
Buy/Don't: Don't buy it.

Conair Ion Shin 1875W:
- Noise not bad.
- Good air flow in low/high, wide output.
- Very good heat (100F/110F-med, 135F/150F-hot)
Weight: About 23 oz.
Notes: Soft breeze, warm air, dries hair well.
Buy/Don't: Buy it.

BaByliss Pro 2000W:
- Noise not bad.
- Better air flow in low/high, narrow output.
- Excellent heat (105F/115F-med, 150F/170F-hot)
Weight: About 23 oz.
Notes: Really warm, great air, dries hair fast.
Buy/Don't: If you have a lot of hair, buy it. If you don't have a lot of hair, get the Conair and save your scalp.

The DryGuy is near useless.

The Salon Power 1500 is obnoxious. It's loud, and doesn't dry well.

I love the Conair for shrinking window wrap and drying the dog, plus it did a great job on my hair! It's a very soft, warm breeze that is hard to beat.

The BaByliss is just amazing. With high fan and high heat I have to hold it back from the window wrap so it shrinks evenly, and keep it moving over the dog's coat or my hair so we don't burn, but man is it fast! Without the concentrator it gets right to the roots of thick hair, where as the Conair needs the concentrator, and doesn't dry as fast.

So what about the "ions?" Maybe they're there, but it seems blowing fast-moving air over any sort of solid material isn't going to create enough ions to do much of anything you or I could notice in daily life.

If you want quick but soft drying, get the Conair. If you want a really fast dryer, BaByliss is the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally 2000 watts dryer!!!, February 2, 2006
electornicsguy (Riverdale, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this dryer for my wife. It took me a long time to find it since all hair dryers come with 1600 to 1850 watts power setting. My wife's hair is thick and long, so she didn't want get anything below 2000 watts. This one is light, powerfull and handy.

I strongly recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disposable Hair Dryers????, February 21, 2012
I originally purchased this in January, 2010 and I loved it!!! In November 2010 it started shutting off while drying, at first it would come back on by jiggling the switch, but it became worse over time and I decided to send it in since it had a 2 year warranty. I like it so much, I ordered a second one so I wouldn't be without one when I sent the original one in, it cost $9.00 to ship it in, but they sent me a new dryer. All was well until October of 2011 when the new one started doing the exact same thing. Still under warranty I sent it in(Costing another $9. for shipping) and again they sent me a new dryer. And guess what, the second one started cutting off. I finally contacted the manufacterer explained what had been happening thinking they would at least replace it with a different model number, since this one obviously has some problems. No response, NOTHING. I understand that blowdryers do not last forever, but when they have a 2 year warranty, they should last at least two years not 6-10 months and this is supposed to be professsional quality? I have short hair, that dries quickly, so overheating isn't the problem, they havent been dropped or missused. I still have one working dryer, but who knows how much longer it will last considering it's predecessors, so I am still in the market for a good RELIABLE hair dryer. I Could have purchased a REAL professional hairdryer with the money I have invested in these, not to mention the time and frustration. It looks like some people have had success with this dryer, but how long had they had them before they leave glowing reviews? My experience took place over two years and yes, originally I had left excellent reviews when I first received the first one. BIG mistake.

4.0 out of 5 stars BaByliss Pro - Worth It, March 10, 2006
A. J. Dong (San Marcos, CA USA) - See all my reviews
In the past, I bought hair dryers at Target because of the prices. I had no idea that a few more bucks can buy you a quality hair dryer that surpasses any Conair, Sassoon, etc. purchased at this and similar stores.

The difference in the quality is noticed immediately upon use. Although the BB Pro is a little heavier than I'm used to, it dries hair faster and with fewer frizzes. It's amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars why did I wait so long to buy an ionic hairdryer???, November 9, 2006
Before this hairdryer, I had used various inexpensive ($20 range) hairdryers that were O.K., but nothing to write home about. I was looking for a new hair dryer and had read a lot of the positive reviews of the BaByliss pro ceramix xtreme and saw that the price really wasn't that much more than the cheapie hairdryers I had used in the past. I LOVE this hair dryer. I do not know why it has taken me this long to finally get an ionic dryer. I have super thick hair that used to take easily 30-45 minutes to dry using the highest heat setting on my old dryers. This one, 10-15 minutes TOPS (and that's with my hair SOAKING wet).

I think the only negative thing I can think of to say is that it is comparatively heavier than the cheapie dryers I used to own, but seeing as how it takes me half the time to dry my hair and makes my hair look amazing, please do not let that deter you from purchasing this hair dryer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hair Dryer stopped working after less than 6 months!, September 27, 2011
Hair dryer worked well for the first five months, then started shutting off on its own every time I turned it on. Customer Service would not allow me to return this item for a refund or replacement, because the ONE MONTH return window had expired. DO NOT BUY!!! Quality items should last more than 6 months, and I should be able to return a defective/broken item within such a short time frame since purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars great blow dryer for the price but heavy, November 19, 2006
What I love about this blow dryer as a stylist is the fact that it can get really hot. And I love the concentrator attachment too. It's narrow and it stays put...it never falls off. I also like the on/off and heat setting buttons because they never get in the way. My only two complaints is that (1) it is too heavy and (2) it doesn't come with a diffuser.

2.0 out of 5 stars LOVED it... broke 5 months later... not so much love now, June 14, 2010
swootchie (Highland, UT United States) - See all my reviews
Fabulous hair dryer. HOWEVER, after my last trip (got home Sunday 6/13) and my hair dryer did not make it. now loud clunking noises ... obviously something inside broke. warranty? um... not really...

exactly how long would you consider average or acceptable to be on the phone for customer service? 10 min? 20 min? how about 53 min before i got "disconnected". i only stayed on hold for 22 min the 2nd time before i gave up.

LOVE amazon... HATE the customer service (or lack thereof) of BaByliss

4.0 out of 5 stars I didn't know that a good hair dryer really can make a difference, June 28, 2011
After reading review after review on Amazon I took the plunge and ordered the Babyliss. I am an Amazon Prime member so I am always happy to find something that I want that will be at my door in 2 days -- this actually came in one. (Though that isn't always good when I am trying to hide a purchase!) I couldn't wait to use this dryer so I washed and conditioned my hair the evening it arrived.

I will start off telling you the one reason I didn't give this 4 stars. Others have mentioned the weight and I will agree that so far this is the heaviest dryer I have ever used. I am getting better with it the more I use it and that is not enough of an issue that I still don't love it -- but I would imagine my Mom wouldn't like it since she has had carpel tunnel issues in the past. I hit my head with this dryer the 1st time I used it because I wasn't used to the weight. Though I am not known for my grace either.

I like to style my hair with only a hairdryer but since I had a mishap with some home hi-lighting, my hair is pretty damaged so it is too frizzy after blow drying because of its current condition that I have had to also use a big curling iron or flat iron to smooth it out. No More. I dry it all over which I swear now takes me about 3 minutes - this thing is strong - then I attached the nozzle to smooth and slightly curl my hair under. Amazing. My hair is smooth and shiny. I honestly didn't believe that I would be able to style my hair so quickly and have it look so good. The first time I used it I had so much volume that it was almost comical. My hair was a bit too big. I was used to styling my hair with a lesser dryer and I could tell after one use with this dryer.

A few mentioned the buttons. I had no issues with them. I always look at my dryer to see what the heat, speed etc is before using it so it didn't matter to me like others mentioned that you couldn't change your setting without looking. It's something that doesn't slow me down or matter. I used it only on high heat with both settings. I use the lower speed with the nozzle for more precise styling and high heat, high speed for all over drying. I have never been one to bother with the other settings.

The price for this hairdryer is great. I've bought drug store hairdryers that cost $40 to $50 and there is no comparison. I think it is even a little cheaper now than when I ordered it. I'm tempted to order a backup. That tells you how much I love this thing.

If weight isn't an issue - this is the dryer for you.

BaByliss Pro BAB2000 Ceramix Xtreme  Dryer