Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BaByliss Pro BAB2000 Ceramix Xtreme Dryer
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Color: Silver/Black|Change
Price:$54.91+ Free shipping

on January 9, 2007
Never again will I go back to a regular dryer. Who would have thought for only $10 more you could get a dryer of this quality? This dryer is very powerful, it cut my drying time in half. It works great for styling with a round brush, and is hot, but not too hot. It is also very quiet, despite its power. I love the attachment, it stays put once you put it on (unlike my former Vidal Sassoon dryer). Another great feature is the buttons are slide style, not toggle, so you don't keep changing it on accident. I would definitely recommend this dryer.
Update 2 years later: I just bought another. My old one was still working, but the concentrator would not stay on because I dropped the dryer and the nozzle cracked and I think the wiring was going out (again due to being dropped many times). I looked around at other dryers but decided to get this same model because I truly loved it. Glad to see it was now available directly through Amazon.com with free shipping, last time I bought it through a merchant and paid $8.00 for shipping.
22 comments|380 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2010
I compared this hair dryer to several others for type of air flow and what temperature they could heat a surface to, which was measured with an infrared meter.

Clairol DryGuy 1200W:
- Somewhat loud
- Very poor air flow in low/medium/high
- Good heat (95F/115F/130F)
Notes: Hot, loud, not much air flow.
Buy/Don't: Don't even think of buying it.

Clairol Salon Power 1500W:
- Loud
- Okay air flow in low/high
- Good heat (100F/105F-med, 125F/130F-hot)
Weight: About 12 oz.
Notes: Warm, Loud, eventually will dry hair.
Buy/Don't: Don't buy it.

Conair Ion Shin 1875W:
- Noise not bad.
- Good air flow in low/high, wide output.
- Very good heat (100F/110F-med, 135F/150F-hot)
Weight: About 23 oz.
Notes: Soft breeze, warm air, dries hair well.
Buy/Don't: Buy it.

BaByliss Pro 2000W:
- Noise not bad.
- Better air flow in low/high, narrow output.
- Excellent heat (105F/115F-med, 150F/170F-hot)
Weight: About 23 oz.
Notes: Really warm, great air, dries hair fast.
Buy/Don't: If you have a lot of hair, buy it. If you don't have a lot of hair, get the Conair and save your scalp.

The DryGuy is near useless.

The Salon Power 1500 is obnoxious. It's loud, and doesn't dry well.

I love the Conair for shrinking window wrap and drying the dog, plus it did a great job on my hair! It's a very soft, warm breeze that is hard to beat.

The BaByliss is just amazing. With high fan and high heat I have to hold it back from the window wrap so it shrinks evenly, and keep it moving over the dog's coat or my hair so we don't burn, but man is it fast! Without the concentrator it gets right to the roots of thick hair, where as the Conair needs the concentrator, and doesn't dry as fast.

So what about the "ions?" Maybe they're there, but it seems blowing fast-moving air over any sort of solid material isn't going to create enough ions to do much of anything you or I could notice in daily life.

If you want quick but soft drying, get the Conair. If you want a really fast dryer, BaByliss is the one.
33 comments|356 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2015
7/9/15 Update: So, I've had the new dryer for two months and it blew up my outlet. I called their warranty line and they said they would pick it up, review the product and then ship me a new one. We'll see if that actually happens. As the saying goes, guess they don't make them like they used to...

5/6/15This is the best blow dryer I've ever had. I recently purchased this one to replace the exact same one I had for over 6 years. Can't really get any better than that.
on December 26, 2012
I had a 4-star review up for this dryer. But today I had to change it to a 1-star. It started smoking this morning. I was not doing anything different or unusual. Then it made a noise like the motor was dying. And, then it completely shut down. I checked the lint screen and it was completely clean and debris-free. After an hour cool down period, the BaByliss will still not come back to life. I had to fish my old (lightweight, but not as strong) Bespoke Labs T3 out of the cabinet. I hope BaByliss will replace it. If they do - I'll make sure to update. If there is no update, BaBlyiss did not do right by me.

UPDATE -- Conair sent UPS to pick up their defective dryer promising me they would replace it. I was impressed with the customer service at first. Well, they picked it up alright - but they never replaced it. DON'T BUY IT!!!
review image
55 comments|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2007
Terrific dryer. It's quiet yet powerful. My old 1850 watts hair dryer took 15 to 20 minutes to dry my hair. This dryer completes the task in under 10 minutes. The only drawback is you have to be careful not to opperate any other electrical appliance on the same circuit as it tends to trip the breaker. Otherwise I highly recommend this dryer.
on January 31, 2016
Okay I must say- I've been using a 10 year old Revlon blow dryer to dry my long hair. It was only after getting my hair done at the salon and comparing their dry time to mine that concerned me that my dryer wasn't doing the best job. This blow dryer is powerful- it will blow your hair dry fast. My hair is fine, but there is a lot of it & I have a natural wave that can blow dry straight with little product. My old Revlon would make my hair sort of frizzy, even after using product and a round brush to dry it straight. It took a while to get completely dry and my hair would still be somewhat damp before after 20 min I'd just give up and say "whatever" with fly always and all. I attribute this to the time it took to dry it- the heat was there but the amount of air blowing through the Machine makes all the difference & I know that now that I have this new blow dryer.

This blow dryer will blow your hair around like crazy if you let it. It's very strong. You must learn how to control the nozzle in a direction that won't make your hair twirl around and get tangled. It's THAT strong. That being said, the settings are great, cool, warm, & hot for temperature & low and high for air speed. It also features a "cool shot" button which is great to "set" your style and make sure the whole head is completely dry before you're finished. The cool shot button truly does cool the air that blows out of the unit. It's not just room temperature air being pushed through-it truly goes from hot to cool in seconds. The hot gets very hot if you keep it in one spot for more than a few seconds. The results of this dryer speak for themselves. My hair dries very smoothly now. It looks as if I've used a straightening iron -- if not better. I have a chi straightener and I haven't used it since I got this blow dryer. It's great. It's not super heavy like people have said. I've had no problems keeping it in my hand and my arm doesn't get sore & I don't work out like I used to. My arms get only the exercise from picking up my 20 lb toddler occasionally through the day.
I hope this review helps! Great dryer. Very satisfied. I've been using it for a little over a month now :)
on February 21, 2012
I originally purchased this in January, 2010 and I loved it!!! In November 2010 it started shutting off while drying, at first it would come back on by jiggling the switch, but it became worse over time and I decided to send it in since it had a 2 year warranty. I like it so much, I ordered a second one so I wouldn't be without one when I sent the original one in, it cost $9.00 to ship it in, but they sent me a new dryer. All was well until October of 2011 when the new one started doing the exact same thing. Still under warranty I sent it in(Costing another $9. for shipping) and again they sent me a new dryer. And guess what, the second one started cutting off. I finally contacted the manufacterer explained what had been happening thinking they would at least replace it with a different model number, since this one obviously has some problems. No response, NOTHING. I understand that blowdryers do not last forever, but when they have a 2 year warranty, they should last at least two years not 6-10 months and this is supposed to be professsional quality? I have short hair, that dries quickly, so overheating isn't the problem, they havent been dropped or missused. I still have one working dryer, but who knows how much longer it will last considering it's predecessors, so I am still in the market for a good RELIABLE hair dryer. I Could have purchased a REAL professional hairdryer with the money I have invested in these, not to mention the time and frustration. It looks like some people have had success with this dryer, but how long had they had them before they leave glowing reviews? My experience took place over two years and yes, originally I had left excellent reviews when I first received the first one. BIG mistake.
1212 comments|136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2006
I purchased this dryer for my wife. It took me a long time to find it since all hair dryers come with 1600 to 1850 watts power setting. My wife's hair is thick and long, so she didn't want get anything below 2000 watts. This one is light, powerfull and handy.

I strongly recommend it.
11 comment|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2012
This blow dryer is amazing. I am African American and I have natural hair and my hair is thick I have used different blow drys and it usually take me about an hour or 1hr 30mins but this dry dried my hair in 40mins almost to the point I didn't have to flat iron my hair the heat is great and its very light weight I recommend it to anyone with thick hair or natural
on June 19, 2012
I was very pleased with this hair dryer for the 6 months that it worked. It has a lot of power and is exactly what I was looking for. However, 6 months after I purchased it I turned it on and...nothing! I contacted customer service who informed me that the dryer was still under warranty and they would be happy to send me a new one. The part that really makes me an unhappy customer is that I have to pay for the shipping of their defective product back to them and send a check for $3 to get a new one shipped to me. The customer service rep informed me that it is a limited warranty which means I have to pay for shipping?! It seems to me that when you sell a defective product that is covered under warranty you should incur all costs associated with the replacement of your product. I have read too many reviews for this dryer that say it only lasts for 6 months. For the price you are better off purchasing another brand that will still work in a year!