5.0 out of 5 stars Small, powerful, quiet and dual voltage.
This is an excellent travel dryer both in size and in effectiveness.

I have shoulder-length thick hair and using the hotel dryer would take me 20+ mins just to get my hair to semi-dry (& this was using a super-absorbent hair towel prior to drying).

Published on June 23, 2011 by C

1.0 out of 5 stars Comparison to Babybliss TT Travel dryer (the red one)
Update: Dryer flamed out on the first vacation since I bought it. Used only once or twice. Will not buy any Baby Bliss products again.

Published 12 months ago by A. Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, powerful, quiet and dual voltage., June 23, 2011
C (Guilford, CT USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano Titanium Travel Dryer (Misc.)
This is an excellent travel dryer both in size and in effectiveness.

An effective dryer = high velocity for its size, and this little dryer delivers. This dryer easily out-performs others in the "Compact" range and most definitely in the Mini-range.

Pros:
* High velocity (speed of air) for its size
* 2 settings (high heat/speed:low speed/heat)
* Matt finish: a) enables better grip b) hides fingerprints
* Removable back-grate enabling filter cleaning.
* 6-ft cord
* Small size - *almost* falls into "mini" category.
* Lightweight - approximately 12oz/350g including concentrator nozzle.
* Does not sound like a lawnmower - quiet.
* Dual voltage - a true travel dryer.
* 10A surge so can be safely plugged into "Shavers Only" bathroom outlets and safely used with travel adapters without fear of tripping the breaker or burning the adapter.

If you don't need the dual voltage, can spare a few grams and another inch or two in the suitcase, Babyliss' other Compact Travel [single voltage] dryers deliver a higher air volume for even faster drying.

Note that this travel version's model number ends in "T" (for "dual-voltage Travel") and does not have the cool-shot feature that the non-travel/non-dual voltage (and otherwise the same) version has. Additionally, the non-travel version does not have the folding handle.

It is also important to note that the plug for this dryer is the polarized two-prong type that has one prong bigger than the other, so international plug-adapters need to have one slot bigger than the other to fit.

*** There is an older version of this hairdryer that ends in model number -052T and was the previous recalled model for a faulty fan. The issue has been fixed and the new models' numbers ends in -053T. Should you receive the wrong one, the recall is still active and Conair (the parent company of Babyliss) will happily replace.***

Update: May 2012
Cons:
* The dual voltage switch markings can easily rub off and it is important to note that the indicator is not where the screw points (like regular dual voltage appliances) but where the printed arrow would have pointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars SURPRISING BENEFITS FOR ME, January 14, 2013
lyrical (Leakey, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano Titanium Travel Dryer (Misc.)
I ordered this product thinking it would at least be a small hair dryer since there were no measurements posted. It is 6" from top of dryer to bottom of handle, and 5 inches from front to back (without the additional plastic diffuser). It is exactly what I wanted size wise - very easy to handle.

I am using the exact same shampoo, conditioner and mousse as before, but this dryer has given me more volume than I thought possible. It is 1000 watts, which is 200 more than the one I wore out (also a mini) so maybe that is why. I feared it would be too hot since I have fine, thin hair. There is a real difference using this little dryer. It is comfortable to use and the shine on my hair is better.

Now if you use the foam diffuser attachment as I do, you will have to put the plastic diffuser (included) on and then put on the foam one because the foam one will not stay on due to the small size of the dryer nozzle. Not a big deal, thank goodness or I would have had to return it. Be aware, there are few of these types of dryers available in a regular store. I've looked because I wanted to see what I was buying before I got it. Couldn't find anything like this anywhere. All dryers in the stores and beauty supplies are very high heat, like 1600 - 1875 watts which I did not want.

The heat temperature and air volume would work easily for medium to thick hair, though for very thick hair it probably wouldn't be as quick. For those of us with finer hair, this is perfect.

I totally recommend this dryer to anyone with fine hair and up to medium thickness. I think you would be as tickled with your purchase as I am. Other than the small nozzle opening to attach my foam diffuser to (solved by adding the included plastic diffuser), there is not one thing I can say about this dryer other than PERFECT FOR ME and surprising benefits with more volume to my hair than I thought possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy!, April 19, 2011
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano Titanium Travel Dryer (Misc.)
This dryer is teeny tiny and yet blows like a pro. (I have super thick hair too!) I just took it on its first (domestic) trip, and couldn't be happier! I highly recommend it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Comparison to Babybliss TT Travel dryer (the red one), August 29, 2013
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano Titanium Travel Dryer (Misc.)

I recently purchased this dryer (the blue one) to replace a Babybliss TT (the red one) travel dryer (purchased in 2011) which began smoking and died. I debated whether to order another TT dryer or go with this one. Although I originally gave the TT dryer only one star (it stopped working shortly after I bought it and had to pay shipping to and $10 return shipping fee to get a new one), I quickly grew to really like it once I received the replacement. I finally decided to try this one instead. I kept my old broken TT and compared the two. They are virtually identical in almost every way except color. The blue one felt a tiny bit lighter, but the red one is extremely lightweight to begin with. I couldn't tell any difference in air speed and heat. Both have a folding handle. I cannot speak to the dual voltage of either. I like that the lower speed still blows relatively hot air. Most hotel dryers have hot air on high and cool air on low. I HATE that. If you want cool air on low, then this may not be for you. The only issue with either of these dryers is reliability/longevity. My "red" replacement lasted 2 years but I only used it for travel (a few trips per year). If you want to use a travel dryer everyday, I'd think again. Hopefully, I will get at least 2 years out of the new blue one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big surprise, July 13, 2011
B. Pickett (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano Titanium Travel Dryer (Misc.)
After lugging my full-size dryer on a trip this past weekend, I decided it was time to look for a travel dryer again. Found this one here and just received it. What a surprise! It's like a mini version of my full-size dryer, same heat settings and nearly the same blowing power. The product description omits what the instruction guide says, which is that it's 1000 watts. But don't let that fool you. I just returned an 1875-watt Conair model that I purchased at Target; this little BaByliss is far superior. Blows very well and has better heat. Plus, it's tiny! It seemed to me that the little red BaByliss sold here on Amazon is even smaller, maybe too small, so I chose this model. It's still smaller than I expected, but it will work fine. I've had travel dryers before, but never one like this BaByliss. It costs more than many others listed here, but it's well worth it to me if it does a good job on my hair and fits neatly in the suitcase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fast Little Dryer, December 2, 2012
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano Titanium Travel Dryer (Misc.)
Bought this little dryer for travel, and it is prefect. I have shoulder length, very thick hair, and the dryers supplied in hotel rooms take forever to dry my hair. Very pleased with the light weight and size - takes up very little room, and is very lightweight (love the folding feature as well).

I took this little powerhouse on a cruise, and it performed exactly the same as my large hairdryer I use at home. This is a MUST for all of my travels now. LOVE IT!

UPDATE June, 2013 - - I have been to Europe on three separate trips this year, and loved the fact that this dryer has dual voltage. All I had to do was switch the setting, and use an adapter (no converter required). I could not tell the difference in the change of voltage in Europe...this little dryer still did a great job drying my long thick hair. Would be worth the price for a single international trip!

1.0 out of 5 stars What a rip - IT IS NOT DUAL VOLTAGE!!!l, June 6, 2013
Mojo (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano Titanium Travel Dryer (Misc.)
I ordered this dryer and the name and picture are EXACTLY the same as the picture, but it arrived and DOES NOT have the voltage switch as shown in the picture and the literature specifically says THIS DRYER IS NOT DUAL VOLTAGE. They apparently changed the model. DO NOT ORDER THS if you need a dual voltage dryer. THIS SUCKS

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Travel Hairdryer, April 4, 2011
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano Titanium Travel Dryer (Misc.)
I love this small hairdryer. It fits anywhere in your luggage, doesn't take up any space but best of all is the fact it works in the US or Europe. It has a high setting and a low setting so it will be good for any length hair and it will dry the hair fast. Perfect for travel!

1.0 out of 5 stars WOULD NOT RECOMMEND, May 17, 2013
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano Titanium Travel Dryer (Misc.)
I bought this for my trip abroad. I got it and loved the size, very small and fit well in my suitcase (not taking up very much room). It was very powerful for a small dryer and I loved it. However, it completely stopped working after the second time I used it.

5.0 out of 5 stars powerful yet small, August 1, 2011
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano Titanium Travel Dryer (Misc.)
Bought this for an overseas trip because of the dual voltage. It is a powerful blow dryer yet small enough to pack.

BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano Titanium Travel Dryer