4.0 out of 5 stars My lesson on blowdryers!
Published on March 13, 2012 by Winnie

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after two months
Hair dryer was great for two months, then one day it just stopped working. Hoping they will be able to send a new one
Published 12 months ago by Mary H.

4.0 out of 5 stars My lesson on blowdryers!, March 13, 2012
This review is from: BaByliss Pro BABP2800 Porcelain Ceramic 2000-Watt Dryer, Black (Health and Beauty)
Okay...I decided to get a new blowdryer. Didn't need one - mine was still working, after all. But there was all the hype about ionic, ceramic, tourmaline - blah, blah, blah. But I was unhappy with my hair. It just didn't look good and hadn't for years. Didn't know why so kept shopping for the miracle product, the better stylist, a different cut. (BTW, I'm 55 and have curly, fine blonde hair but lots of it.) Finally had a eureka moment when I found a site that said dryers, even if they work, lose their effectiveness with age. Ummmm. My blowdryer is 19 years old.

So went on a search for a new dryer. Finally decided on the BaByliss Pro 2000 watt dryer due to the reviews on several sites. Not cheap but not outrageous. Bought the diffuser as well.

Used it for the first time today.

I used all the same products and care on my hair this morning. Normally, drying with the diffuser for 15 minutes removes excess water but I still left the house with damp hair, even on an Indiana January morning. Hair would be dry by about 10:00 am and then start to frizz by 2:00 pm, with no volume. TODAY - walked out of the house with almost dry hair (after drying for 10 minutes) with volume (where I wanted it) and ended the day with frizz-free hair that is soft.

THE NEW DRYER.....Love the controls and the fit in my hand. It is heavier than my previous dryer but the shorter drying time makes this not a problem. Was louder than my previous dryer; however, if you are a 150 year old woman trying to yell as loud as a 3 year old, you're probably going to lose. I switched from hot to warm settings and the volume diminished. If you have curly hair and want to use a diffuser, I recommend ordering the diffuser designed for the dryer. I tried to use my old diffuser and it kept falling off. Irritating.

So far am very happy with this dryer and the results on my hair. Soft, frizz-free, dries quickly. And much better styling. My lesson learned - replace that old dryer. I'm happy with my choice of replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Mr. Right Here. Right Now. And Forever, January 10, 2013
I could not wait a minute longer to write a review for this blow dryer. My hair is still warm.

You know that feeling when you meet that special guy/gal and you know as soon as the first date is over...your life will never be the same...well, here he/she is.
When I'm talking life changing, I don't mean just mean--Wow my hair is so shiny!- or --Gee, that didn't take very long to dry-- NO! I'm talking- I may be able to grow my hair out past my collarbone without dreading every lackluster, 1.5hr, sweaty, drying session. Followed by another sweltering pattern of Section. Brush. Straighten. Repeat. (flat ironing)
I'm talking---- Wait for it...BANGS. I am actually contemplating it.
I will actually go as so far to say I will be showering in the morning and I won't just let it curl on it's on or walk around with a curl turban while I get the kids ready for school.
I WILL BE A NORMAL PERSON!!! You know, the ones that wake up, shower, dry AND style their hair, put on makeup, and have coffee with there sit-down breakfast completed with a gerber daisy in a bud vase...well, you get my point.

FACTS:
Hair type- super thick (has to be ponytailed with 2 of the thick hair ties) and ringlet curly, medium length. Ropes for pigtails.
Previous drying experience- 1- 1.5 hrs and sweaty ( see above) Sectioning- Must. Flat iron- required in order to not resemble a ferocious feline.
New drying experience- 30 min tops. My looks like if have completed the entire usual 2 hr regimen, but with an additional drenching of shine.

Answers to some of the previously discussed "Cons"-
**Heavy-- Well, yeah, it's made well and it sounds and performs like a jet engine. But if you are 85 years old I wouldn't suggest it.
**Concentrator Attachment-- Mine never popped off and I used it for 30min on High. Also, thanks to my intense research on this product and my run in with a pot handle when I was 8 years old I learned that equipment that can evaporate water are generally not a great idea to touch when being used. If you would so wish to adjust your attachment angle at anytime turn it on the cold shot for about 30 seconds or so and, like magic, it is able to be handled. If you think that waiting for that long for it cool will hinder your hairs awesome sleekness, a few runs on the hot setting will put your hair right back in place.
**Volume Sucker-- I would not suggest this dryer for anyone with fine hair. It's will cut your volume in half, that's why us "top-heavy" ladies like it so much. We can go from light socket to Cher straight in half the time. If you are grasping for every ounce of volume you can get I would say pass on this. But I bet you could use an old 80s trick and use this baby to blow dry upside down..that would be interesting..or just tease it like a us good-ole Southerners :) Guilty as charged! :)
**Suggestions-- buy heat protector spray, a round brush, and dim the lights

The usual:
Arrive quickly and was exactly as pictured and worked when I turned it on.

In Conclusion: Stop reading reviews. BUY IT! You're welcome.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, September 15, 2009
D. Odegard (St Paul, MN United States) - See all my reviews
Great product. A little on the heavy side and the switches are in a bad spot, but what the dryer does with my hair is awesome and I'm very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!!!!, July 23, 2007
C. M. Pawlik (macomb township, mi United States) - See all my reviews
My hair dresser uses this dryer and I loved it. I found a very good price for it on Amazon. The time I spend drying my hair every morning has been cut in half.

4.0 out of 5 stars what sorcery is this?, October 2, 2013
So I have been using the same Vidal Sassoon dryer for at least 8 years. I have been impressed with how long it has lasted. However, lately, it just smells like burning and finally is giving up the ghost. It was 2000W, it was "ionic." It was shooting sparks out at me.
So I bought this one based on the reviews.

Normally when I am ready to dry my hair, I turn on the ceiling fan and jack up the a/c in that part of the house. The heat makes me sweat and I have to do it in bursts. I also turn on my hair straightener, as I will have to calm my mane once it's dry.

Uh, so I went in and used this dryer with the same protocol. 4 minutes later, my hair was dry. I was not sweating in the least. I didn't have to use my flat iron. I walked back out and my family said (not looking up), "Hey! Weren't you gonna go dry your hair?"

I am so sold. Nice job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Hair Dryer, September 28, 2009
M. Labandeira (Los Angeles, Ca) - See all my reviews
This hair dryer dried my hair much faster than my old one, and also gave it A LOT more volume. I think it was a really good value. It is a little heavy, but that doesn't bother me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after two months, July 2, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Blowdryer-BaByliss Pro, November 13, 2011
I like this blow dryer because it dries your hair quickly,and I can easily style it the way I like-but it gets very hot, you have to be careful if you have highlights or dyed hair - it could burn your hair

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, September 3, 2013
Its Really heavy, the nozzle doesn't stay on. Wish I could return it but I already threw away the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it after one use !!, June 7, 2014
L. QUINN "lqwin" (staten island, ny) - See all my reviews
My Chi Rocket, that I have had for several years now died last week . I loved that dryer , but when I saw it was 180.00 to replace it, I knew i had to look elsewhere . Babyliss Pro 2800 had really great reviews and the price was right at less than 1/3 of the Chi ... So I took a chance. It arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to use it this morning. Ok , its definitely heaver than my old dryer , so i was a bit disappointed at first . Once I started drying, I found it easy to maneuver, didn't seem so heavy after all, it did dry my hair faster than my old dryer , and wow was my hair straight and soft when i finished ! No frizziness at all, and no need for my straightening iron, that i use every morning ... Tonight , after a long day out it still looks great ... Think I am really going to be happy with this purchase -- and i know i am happy with my savings of 120.00 !!

Rate and Discover Movies